2.0.2 I'M ALWAYS GONNA ANSWER / fishing
Beasts of Beyond

Open I'M ALWAYS GONNA ANSWER / fishing

Offline goldenluxury

• The Typhoon
  • I CAN AND I WILL.
  • awards This member won a January spotlight category! This character is the Captain of The Typhoon. This member has participated in the 2018 site-wide Halloween event!
  • @spacexual
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'M ALWAYS GONNA ANSWER / fishing
« on: January 05, 2019, 04:37:19 PM »
I HEARD, I HEARD ACROSS A MOONLIT SEA
THE OLD VOICE WARNING ME
BEWARE, BEWARE THE DAUGHTER OF THE SEA
BEWARE, BEWARE OF ME.
Now that they'd all settled next to the tracks, she would get to work to make sure they had plenty of resources immediately. She did not know how long they would be staying here just yet and she wants to get a head start on preparation. Fishing from the sailboats is something she has honestly been quite excited for, and she saw no better opportunity to go on a fishing trip than right now. So, the bengal moves towards her own sailboat and sets it up to go a bit further into the waters, placing a basket within it to gather the fish, along with a few nets for trapping them. "Anyone wanna go fishin' with me?" Honestly, what sucked about it is that currently, it would not be wise for her to swim. Doing these movements alone was a lot for her body and she would need more time to recover to be able to properly fish. What was convenient, though, was her electric elementals. That shit worked like a charm.

Offline PEPPINO

Re: I'M ALWAYS GONNA ANSWER / fishing
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 06:14:46 PM »
Pip didn't do much hunting or fishing- he mostly foraged, primarily for herbs, but he couldn't have his sister going out alone in her condition. Maybe he could learn something in the process, although he generally wasn't one for hunting on account of the...necessary violence involved. He had no doubt some people would think him pathetic or idiotic for that, which was their right to believe; he would hold no ill-will toward them, and it wasn't as though Pip could abstain from meat entirely. He hadn't been eating as much lately, though, but he was managing, and it was important to conserve what they had anyway. Such was his sister's reasoning for fishing, he assumed. "I'll come with you, but you might have to show me the ropes." He wouldn't say he was here to watch over her condition- she could probably infer that herself.

CAREFUL, SON — YOU GOT DREAMER'S PLANS

Offline MYNTHE

• The Typhoon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 03:14:23 PM »
Fishing was something Mynthe was acquainted with, though the way she did it was vastly different of traditional ideals. Usually she would allow her body to wade in the water, completely still, until she could see movement in which she would dart down with a quickness and scoop up the fish in her jaws. Apart of that, the thylacine never usually targeted fish for prey unless there wasn't anything else to eat, the gal enjoying the thought of an ambush rather than being in plain sight of the prey. She relied heavily on being able to ambush her opponents, knowing full well that she wouldn't fair well in attacking someone or something head-on.

Mynthe happened to be strolling down the bay on this occasion, a treasure in her mouth that looked that of a ruby. Her eyes shifted to each corners of her eyes as she clenched her ruby harder, beginning to pick up the pace with her paws. That was when she heard the call of Goldenluxury, voice familiar and able to distinguish even if she wasn't in sight of the marsupial. She didn't mind going for a swim but instinct had told her to keep her ruby close to her, she didn't want anyone to steal it after all. The girl began to dig her paws into the sand, sand churning up behind her until the hole was deep enough for her to drop the ruby inside of it. Covering it up, she turned away and began to pad towards the area in which she looked over the two cautiously before taking a step into the waters, water crashing midway up against her legs. "Do not need sailboat or e-quip-ment." She grumbled towards the two mindlessly, eyes trailing back to the water. "Can swim and can fish fine underwater."
TAGS
s
MYNTHE is a FEMALE THYLACINE with SHE/HER pronouns. she is a CREWMATE of THE TYPHOON and is SEVENTEEN months old. she is physically HARD and mentally HARD. attack in BOLD. played by PAROXYSM. | TAGS

Offline goldenluxury

• The Typhoon
  • I CAN AND I WILL.
  • awards This member won a January spotlight category! This character is the Captain of The Typhoon. This member has participated in the 2018 site-wide Halloween event!
  • @spacexual
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 08:32:44 PM »
I HEARD, I HEARD ACROSS A MOONLIT SEA
THE OLD VOICE WARNING ME
BEWARE, BEWARE THE DAUGHTER OF THE SEA
BEWARE, BEWARE OF ME.
The captain's posture relaxes slightly at the sight of Pip, offering a casual smile as she hears his statement. "Thas' okay," she replies lightly to her brother, nodding. She'd figured that part of his intentions of joining in were perhaps to observe her and her state, but she would not say anything about it. She more so feels guilty for worrying him so much rather than being annoyed by it. Plus, it was good for him to learn the different methods of fishing. It was good for anyone to learn that, really, seeing as that is their main source of food - especially now, off of the island.

As Mynthe approaches, her striking green eyes quickly drift to the female, ears perking and swiveling towards her. She watches quietly as the female moves closer to the water, listening as she spoke up. "Good. Do it however ya wanna, miss," she says matter-of-factly with a nod, offering a smile. The bengal herself would usually much prefer Mynthe's method, but right now she could only force her body to do so much. Now would be a bad time to just up and drown. "Normally, I'd do the same." She finally decides to comment lightly, but doesn't expand upon it. She's sure the reason she isn't right now could be inferred. Just because she isn't letting herself be portrayed as weak doesn't mean she's God damn invincible, or a total idiot, for that matter.

Offline ikaia

• The Typhoon
  • wandering child
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 07:00:54 PM »
IKAIA | current track ♪ | current shape: sea otter | fishing. . . |
"I'll help!" The youth called, wearing an excitable grin.  The small oncilla practically launched himself into the water following the captain's call, body morphing into that of a sea otter.  His dark eyes gleamed bright as he nimbly swam around to the side of Goldie's sailboat, floating on his back comfortably.  "Awaitin' orders, capt," he announced happily.
( you are the dawn of a new day that's waking, a masterpiece still in the making )
a masterpiece still in the making
the typhoon & minnow & demonic faerie & rped by pluto

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

'BEASTS OF BEYOND + an ability-based animal roleplay In Dire Straits: Awoo In Dire Straits: Awoo BIANDRI: fantasy canine rpg RPGfix