Beasts of Beyond

We're in need of guides!

Offline gone-guts

• Legendary
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: We're in need of guides!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2018, 11:30:58 PM »
if u need me to, i can always do the powers guide for u!!
just let me know

Offline Vixika

• Warrior
  • ✧ // ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴡ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀᴇ
  • ᴀᴋᴀ Imagination
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2018, 11:42:48 PM »
I think a "helpful links for new members" like the one on FF would be a good idea. We're not that big and we don't have that many important threads/links to put in it, but I can see it becoming more useful as the site expands. It's also just nice for people who are new to SFM forums/roleplaying on forums in general.

This one can easily be searched up on your own free time, but I could also transfer over my character trait list. Fancy it up and make it look good, as well.
ɴᴏᴡ ʙᴀʙʏ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs
ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ

Offline susitna

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 04:14:39 AM »
quill had an amazing herb guide on ff while she still played iselotta, i can message her about moving it here as well. she's pretty occupied with life right now though, so that might take a moment nwn

I think a "helpful links for new members" like the one on FF would be a good idea. We're not that big and we don't have that many important threads/links to put in it, but I can see it becoming more useful as the site expands. It's also just nice for people who are new to SFM forums/roleplaying on forums in general.

This one can easily be searched up on your own free time, but I could also transfer over my character trait list. Fancy it up and make it look good, as well.
the helpful links thing already exists as apart of the beginners guide here! it could probably go for some updating/sprucing up however, and i'll look into doing that as soon as i can nwn

& a guide on character traits would be great!
1/8 sutsquad // the hive aka veintisiete horny boys // discord: ephemera#0004

skypher

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 12:17:57 PM »
im working on the characterization guide but i can also make a guide to playing avian/bird characters? I like birds a lot so it would be pretty easy.

Offline Orion

• Administrator
  • ★ ★ ★
  • awards This user found an egg in the Easter egg hunt of 2020! This user killed a bunny in the Easter egg hunt of 2020! This member won the 'Best Plot-Maker' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Best Plot' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Best Villain' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This amazing member has donated to our rainforest preservation charity event in October. Someone found this special toucan during October 2019's charity event. This member participated within Valentine's Day 2019! This member is or was a staff member on Beasts of Beyond.
  • ★ ★ ★
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 05:58:37 PM »
thanks for the offer guts, but we got one going now ;)
winks at sus who is working on it w/ me

me editing the rule guide and removing the links guide bc i'm going to add it at the top of the archive...
also me not reading this beforehand

will make a link hub!!

messaging quill about that would be lovely
+ character traits would be something amazing!

ooo that'd be awesome gale! i'm not familiar with birds, so it'd help a ton.
"HAVE YOU EVER ENCOUNTERED ANY PROBLEMS FROM THE OPPOSITION? THEY DON'T SUSPECT A THING."

— admin
— he/him pronouns
characters
— discord: star#0061

Offline gone for good

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 06:09:06 PM »
oof im late to the party
but what about a guide/tips for restoring muse?

and i had a herb guide back on ff that didnt focus on techniques like quills, and was more a long ass list of actual plants that have been used in the past, and we can just add some of mine in?
might take some digging because of the Tricky Ban, but i can find it

Offline Orion

• Administrator
  • ★ ★ ★
  • awards This user found an egg in the Easter egg hunt of 2020! This user killed a bunny in the Easter egg hunt of 2020! This member won the 'Best Plot-Maker' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Best Plot' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Best Villain' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This amazing member has donated to our rainforest preservation charity event in October. Someone found this special toucan during October 2019's charity event. This member participated within Valentine's Day 2019! This member is or was a staff member on Beasts of Beyond.
  • ★ ★ ★
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 06:17:08 PM »
oo restoring muse is helpful. i definitely need that now ngl.

alrighty!! take as much time as you need.
"HAVE YOU EVER ENCOUNTERED ANY PROBLEMS FROM THE OPPOSITION? THEY DON'T SUSPECT A THING."

— admin
— he/him pronouns
characters

Offline Vixika

• Warrior
  • ✧ // ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴡ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀᴇ
  • ᴀᴋᴀ Imagination
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 06:38:14 PM »
Ah yeah, that's true! I guess I'm just not used to having rules that are actually updated anymore, hah. The guide archive is a good idea though, especially when there are more guides in there. Maybe add categories so people can find the guide they're looking for easier, rather than just looking through a list?

I can definitely work on the character traits, then! I'll work up a fancypost so that it is (or should be) visible on every theme (also for the aesthetic, y'know).
ɴᴏᴡ ʙᴀʙʏ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs
ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ

Offline Orion

• Administrator
  • ★ ★ ★
  • ★ ★ ★
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 06:57:24 PM »
definitely will get an introduction thread up, as the beginners guide was just a rules type of thing.
+ categories would be awesome, but there's not much for now so it's more of a wip till stuff gets done!!

awesome, dude.

— admin
— he/him pronouns
characters

Offline Kai

• Prodigy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 06:58:52 PM »
Maybe a guide/list of name ideas? ;o

Offline Orion

• Administrator
  • ★ ★ ★
  • ★ ★ ★
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2018, 12:43:46 PM »
I don't see why not, but Google has a ton already!

— admin
— he/him pronouns
characters

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

'BEASTS OF BEYOND + an ability-based animal roleplay In Dire Straits: Awoo BIANDRI: fantasy canine rpg RPGfix 'SOULS-- post-apocalyptic werewolf rpg