Beasts of Beyond
WHO AM I? | gravesite + power discovery. - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: WHO AM I? | gravesite + power discovery. (/showthread.php?tid=10689)

WHO AM I? | gravesite + power discovery. - DELILAH. - 11-07-2019

DELILAH EVERGARDEN
"The Gods have forsaken us."
Amongst the pile of rubble and stones, stood a tomb- her tomb, when she had died so long ago. Maybe it was to reminisce the past, or to blame herself for living longer than her friends. Staring at the broken stone that had her name etched into it brought back memories she wished she could relive again. Happiness, watching Vigenere and Morgan be in love. Falling in love Renegade, becoming friends with Arrow and Stockings. Training under Malphas. Being saved by Leroy.

Phantom pains of her once missing leg, the dragoness curled in on herself as she watched cold breaths of air leave her nostrils.

She should have fought harder back then. She could have stopped Morgan from leaving. She could have saved Arrow, she could have-

Hot tears spilled down the beloved 'flower girl's face, soft whimpers leaving the dragonesses throat. A deep, guttural groan of sadness left the reptilian creature, her heart beat thumping in her ears. Pain rushed through her veins, pumping through her body as the ground under her began to heat up, the stone which the gravesite sat on turning a vicious red as smoke rose up from it.

THUMP. THUMP.

THUMP THUMP.

I̸̢͙̬͌͐̐̌T̶̟̅͛͘ͅ'̶͕̟͆ͅS̸̡̩͕̓͜ ̸͉̝̭̣̏͗Y̴̥͕̺͆̐̽͝Ȍ̷͖͈Ṳ̵̑̊͐R̷̭͋͐ ̸͙̑̈F̷̢̡͚͋̑͐Ǎ̷̪́Ù̴̘̗̗͒L̸̙̘̻̜̚T̷̬̀̉̿͂ͅ.̷̢͕̼͋

Stop it.

Y̵̳̯̘̐O̵͚͐̈́Ú̴͎̳͎̮ ̸̱̖̑̐̇͊C̸̪̭͒́͋Ó̷̘͙̫U̷̢̍͌̆ͅL̷̼̯͉̅D̷̖̦͎͖̓͐͒͝ ̸̱̓̒͆͝H̷͉̘͔͂̒̇A̵̖͉͑̄́V̴̱͇͛̏È̷̳̔̌͐ ̴̧̞͙͂͋͌͝H̴̙͇̃͂É̸̋̊̑͜L̷̞͔̻̇̈́̓̃P̴̩̺̭̋͗E̵̝͉͊͋D̴̟̣́͜ ̶̭̻̺͚̑̋̕T̶̢̧̍̐̎͜Ḩ̸̳͚̝̾̈̑͝Ȩ̴̞͉̘̂M̵̧͇͈̘̈́̔̇͝.̷̗̏̆̓ ̸͇̣̫̓Ņ̵̞̠̟̍̓O̵͖̥̖̍̇̐W̷̰̮̞̙̾͂̏ ̴̡̩̙͒ͅL̵̥̃̀Ỏ̶̡͔͔͙͘O̶̬̦͓͉͊̇͝K̷̳̻̞̈ ̷̩̪͚̈́̊̌͠A̷͙̳̘͗̃͆ͅT̴̹͋̍ ̸̼̎͑͆̉Ŷ̶̗̤O̵̦͊̓Ư̷̝̹̦͒,̶̘̻̝̠̀ ̶͉̮̣̪̂͐͘M̵͍̋̉̀Ȍ̴͕Ủ̶̝̅̚͝R̷̢̤̻̈͜N̸̢͇͉̈́̾́̈́Ị̸̧̐́͛Ń̶̩̍̎G̴͎̭͔̖͗ ̵̝͊Å̶̛̰̕L̷͔̭̅L̵̢͖̮͎͒͘ ̷̡̖̺͓̈́̆͝B̵̭̝͚͇̅̀͊Y̵͍̽̈̚͠ ̷͇̺̀̉Y̷̯̼͛͗O̴̞͈͛U̷̡̩̓̂̊R̶̞̗̲̱̃̇̏̏Ş̴̢̛̱̞Ë̵̘͉̥͉́̀̐L̴̢̢̨̾̆̆F̸̡̪̲̍̊̊̂.̴̧̽ͅ ̴̰̿̂̀

"I said SILENCE, LILITH!" The woman snarled out, vision going red as she felt rock crumble beneath her claws. It felt liquidy- hot to the touch, it hurt. Her hands hurt. Breaths coming out in quick bursts, hyperventilation kicking in.

[tdlr; unlocked fire elementals. crumbled and melted her old gravestone as a result of her breaking down. warning that approaching her can lead to injury depending on how your character does it.]
tags - penned by [member=1260]ryuu-tan[/member]
template by orion

Re: WHO AM I? | gravesite + power discovery. - wormwood. - 11-07-2019

When Aurum had first discovered his fire elementals, it had been in a moment of intense emotion, much like Delilah was experiencing right now. However, he had summoned forth his powers when in the midst of battle, charging forth at Jervis in a fit of rage, when suddenly his body had been enveloped in red hot flames, and he had tried to set the leader of the Pittians ablaze while digging his fangs into the fox. Ever since then, his fire elementals had always been controlled by his emotions, activating when he was upset or angry, which didn't happen particularly often, but certainly did happen sometimes, particularly when something happened to his family. Honestly, it was sort of amazing that he had been able to hold himself together after Leroy's death, but perhaps that had just been because he had been intentionally shoving down his feelings, focusing very solely on the lack of emotion, just because he thought it would make Leroy proud of him if he was watching from above... which honestly Aurum wasn't sure of, but he hoped was the truth. All in all, however, it made sense that Aurum's powers were controlled by his emotions, – save for when he was in his hellhound form, when he could use his flames at will – because he was just generally such an emotional person at all times. His emotions were always on his proverbial sleeve, and while that could sometimes be a strength, it was usually a weakness.

Compared to Del, though? He never could've even begun to imagine the ex-medic losing her temper in such a way that it led to something like this. He wasn't sure what had attracted him over to the graveyard in the first place, Delilah screeching in anger, or the absolutely terrible smell of stone crumbling and melting. Either way, neither of them was a good sign, and the guardsman found himself rushing over, his paw steps thudding quickly against the earth as he came over to where Del was. When he saw the fury in the dragoness's eyes, he nearly recoiled, reminded of when Crowley had snapped at him earlier over crashing down from the sky. Still, Delilah was his friend, so he steadied himself, taking a deep breath and cautiously approaching, one of his wings outstretched to gently lay over Delilah's shoulders, trying to comfort her. He wasn't entirely sure what he could do to help, but he had to try at the very least, and he figured that words were his only option at the moment. Settling down on his haunches, the angel rumbled to the peach colored female, every muscle tensed as if Delilah was going to leap and they to melt him next, "Del... Delilah, are you alright? Is there anything I can do to help? I've never seen you like this before..." Aurum felt awful, not sure what words were the right ones to leave the tip of his tongue, but even under the circumstances, he couldn't begin to think of how to deal with Del, or Lilith, for that matter – since the "spirit" within the other seemed to be part of the problem.

( Delilah can attack Aurum if you want!! He probably won't fight back but he'll push her away and defense himself )
[glow=black,2,300]THE FREEDOM OF FALLING[/glow]

Re: WHO AM I? | gravesite + power discovery. - DELILAH. - 11-07-2019

DELILAH EVERGARDEN
"The Gods have forsaken us."
Soft, hysterical sobs left the woman's maw as the dragoness lowered her head. It was once said in legends that a woman's fury was powerful, but ones sorrow could destroy a battleground. Operating on anger was one thing- but grief? Delilah hadn't experienced this as intensely before.

The feathery soft feeling of a wing crossing over her shoulders made the dragoness flinch, not needing to turn her head to know just who was there. The scent was recognizable as it was- Aurum was her friend. One person she could trust. He had stayed by her side when she was in her cocoon, when she was sick, when she needed a shoulder to lean on.

Ḏ̴͇̿̈́́͜Ẽ̸̮̼͑̊̆S̴̡̮̩̠̐̂̓͆T̷̘̪̑̍͠ͅR̵̥̽́O̷̹̰̓̈̚Ẏ̶̨̢̊ ̷̻̈̊T̸̪̭̟̊͐ͅH̷̻̥̔̀̏Ê̷̗̖̞̠̊ ̷̞̫̎͛̈́͜͝Ȃ̴̦͛̏̀N̸̺͉̿͛Ģ̵̜̋̽͝Ȩ̸̟̞͘L̶̜͚̱̈͝.̵̬̦͂̈́ͅ

"I said Silence, Lilith." Delilah's soft snap was barely there- as if scolding a child, the demoness obviously unhappy with her host's decision to trust an angel. To trust Aurum. He wouldn't hurt her. Magenta eyes blinked open slowly, slit pupils dilating then going back to normal. Her tail gently brushed against the bigger lion's side, soft sniffles leaving her snout as she shook her head.

"Forget you ever saw this." Delilah spoke softly, lifting a molten-covered clawed hand up to examine it, disgust evident on her face. "Lilith is causing problems.." She fixed her posture, tilting her claws to let the molten rock and stone drip back onto the ground.

Refuse to talk about your issues- denial. It's your fault, you shouldn't drag others into this.

"It's just my old tombstone.. Nothing important. Everything rots away eventually." She spoke calmly, almost too calmly. The lack of empathy and sheer emotion in her voice seemed alarming. Withdrawn, just like how she was when she first arrived in Tanglewood so many moons ago.

tags - penned by [member=1260]ryuu-tan[/member]
template by orion

Re: WHO AM I? | gravesite + power discovery. - Crow Roux - 11-08-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 55%; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]
Lured by the ruckus, the male stood several paces away blinking the haze from his eyes as he took in everything. Something had been burning. Delilah looked... upset? And Wormwood was there too. No, he's Aurum now. That's right. "A-are you sure you're okay, Del?" he mumbled after a long silence, shuffling his feet in the dirt.

Re: WHO AM I? | gravesite + power discovery. - wormwood. - 11-08-2019

i was born, on the highway, in a train wreck
with a heart, that was beating, out of my chest
Aurum frowned immediately as soon as he saw Delilah flinching at the feather light touch of his wing, and then snap out more words that made no sense. Well, they sort of made sense, but not a whole lot of it, and Aurum was blissfully unaware of the fact that Lilith hated him because of the fact that he was an angel – him being an angel was essentially just something that resided in the back of his mind, something he didn't think of often. He did understand that Lilith was causing problems though, and he looked down at his paws for a moment before he rumbled to the ex-medic, "I... I guess that's true, but you shouldn't think of it that way. We're gonna be alright, okay? We're not gonna rot away. We're in this together, okay? I wanna know you're okay, Del..." He gently touched his nose to the top of the dragoness's head in a comforting and soft reassurance. He then noticed Crow, coming over and asking if Delilah was alright. Part of him was surprised to see the leader out and about after the tragic death of Leroy, but he wasn't upset. He was actually pretty damn happy that Crow was here, just so he had some backup to help Del. He just offered the leader a dip of the head in greeting, not wanting to interrupt Delilah's answer – if she provided one.
template by orion