Beasts of Beyond
ANOTHER ONE BEATS THE DUST / HARUSPEX TRYOUTS - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: ANOTHER ONE BEATS THE DUST / HARUSPEX TRYOUTS (/showthread.php?tid=9750)

ANOTHER ONE BEATS THE DUST / HARUSPEX TRYOUTS - KLIMENT - 06-20-2019

[glow=#000,1,400]I WISH I COULD ESCAPE, I DON'T WANNA FAKE IT !。+゚.[/glow]
Well, someone had to become the Haruspex and Kliment throughout his years of solitude had found out a few remedies although he relied on his ability of smell to identify the herbs that he normally used. He just hoped someone with a bit more knowledge on herbs would take the rank of Haruspex since he didn't really have that much time on his paws to lead and make sure his clanmates didn't get any infections. His claws clicked against the icy rock underneath their large form before he would speak "GATHER AROUND FOR HARUSPEX TRYOUTS. STATE INTEREST OR IF YOU ARE JUST HERE TO LEARN." He would let out a huff as he exhaled from his mouth, his barbed tongue slithering out from his powerful jaws and swiping across his scarred lips. He had his own set of injuries thanks to the large asshole that he had decided to let stay within the group, he did it for his own reasons and admittedly he was starting to regret his choice alas it was too late to take back. [glow=COLOR,1,400][/glow]

Re: ANOTHER ONE BEATS THE DUST / HARUSPEX TRYOUTS - deimos - 06-24-2019

bad girlfriend
He had been at the meeting. The word had felt weird in his ears, and no doubt it would be weird coming off of his tongue. This 'haruspex' word meant healer, essentially. Now, Myhri wasn't a huge fighter. He didn't like getting banged up, scars weren't his thing and besides, his rocking sunglasses would get broken, right? He padded towards the gathering, bouncing back onto his hind legs and waving his paw high.

"I wanna try out! I can grow herbs and shit like that!" He called, easily settling back down onto his front paws not long afterwards. He gave Kliment a grin as he did, ears pushed forward and tail wagging.

code by spacexual

Re: ANOTHER ONE BEATS THE DUST / HARUSPEX TRYOUTS - KLIMENT - 07-07-2019

[glow=#000,1,400]I WISH I COULD ESCAPE, I DON'T WANNA FAKE IT !。+゚.[/glow]
smol bump

Well, he saw a familiar face or heard them at least. His ears twitched with slight irritation but frankly was a tad grateful that someone had to decided to come over and actually learn something that could benefit the lot of them injury wise and well, they would need someone in the medical branch of their community. He cleared his throat with a soft rumble escaping him "WE ARE PLEASED TO SEE THAT YOU ARE EAGER FOR THE HARUSPEX POSITION, MYHRI. ASIDE FROM GROWING HERBS AND OTHER SHIT LIKE THAT DO YOU ACTUALLY KNOW THE USAGE OF SAID HERBS THAT YOU GROW?" Before he let the other answer, Kliment was already bringing forth a marigold, poppy seeds, and raspberry leaves from a pouch that he had hidden underneath his large paw. The goo from his pawpads was scattered on the herbs themselves but the leader didn't even notice due to the fact he was blind for fucks sake "CAN YOU TELL US WHAT THESE ARE AND WHAT THEIR PURPOSE SERVE? HOW TO APPLY THEM TO THE WOUND OR HOW THEY SHOULD BE TAKEN? WE WOULD LIKE TO TEST AND KNOW YOUR APTITUDE TOWARDS THIS POSITION FOR WE CANNOT JUST PROMOTE ANYONE JUST CAUSE YOU CAN SPROUT LITTLE DAINTY FLOWERS FROM YOUR PETITE PAWS." It was harsh but it wad the truth. Kliment found a disastrous grin slowly tugging at his ugly, scarred lips only to have the tip of his barbed tongue poke out from its cavern of misaligned teeth. Oh this would be fun. [glow=COLOR,1,400][/glow]

Re: ANOTHER ONE BEATS THE DUST / HARUSPEX TRYOUTS - deimos - 07-07-2019

bad girlfriend
It was a test, was it? The rottsky grinned to himself, licking his lips. He nodded to the question that the larger beast asked, his purple hidden eyes settled directly on the leader. "I do. Did a lot of it on m'self back in the city." He commented, eyes settling on the three herbs in his paws. He grimaced, seeing their condition as Kli brought them forward. Really, big guy? A sigh escaped Myhri's maw. "Yeah, yeah, big guy." Myhri stepped closer, before sighing to himself.

"Marigold is used to stop bleeding and infection. It can be chewed- the stem and leaves- into a poultice or the juice from the stem can be used. The poultice can be spread." He said quietly. As his eyes shifted to poppy seeds, he grimaced. Back in the city, that was used as a drug- not by Orange Eyes, thankfully, but it was used. He reluctantly answered on that one. "Poppy seed is chewed on by the patient. Relieves shock, pain, and helps them sleep." His voice was bitter, it seemed.

The leaves were the last one. They were typically hard to distinguish from other leaves. Myhri picked one up, gently sniffing at it. They had a significant spicy smell to them. "I forget the name of these, admittedly- they're a kind of leaf that can be used for either bleeding or birth. For help during birth, pretty sure you eat em'. Dunno though, these are kinda out there Kliment." He offered, stepping back after setting down the leaf. Myhri had sure has hell never used them.

code by spacexual