Beasts of Beyond
thicker than water — private - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Neutral Grounds (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Forum: Private Rendezvous (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: thicker than water — private (/showthread.php?tid=936)

thicker than water — private - Kian. - 04-26-2018

hold fast, tides are turning
Seamus was more of an unpleasant surprise than Kian had originally thought he was.  As he carried his daughter to a quiet place in the jungle, he tired to bring his thoughts on the matter together.  He loved his brother.  He loved both of his brothers, dearly, but Kian had always known he could trust Raziel and he had to question Seamus.  Keep one eye open, and his ears perked.  His twin was more of a pirate than he was, and like him, had been a captain.

Therein lay problem one; what in god's name convinced Seamus to ditch his crew? As far as he had been aware, like him, his twin had been doing good for himself.  A strong, loyal crew, who would follow him to the end's of the earth, more than capable of keeping up with him as he ran about plundering as he so enjoyed to do. Plundering and killing and drinking.  Having fun, really.  Being free.  Kian, although a kinder pirate than his brother, had been set as well, but... Life on the sea was not what he wanted for his daughter.  His original plan had been to let her grow up a little first, and they would track down his old crew, but perhaps... Well, he liked it here, and it seemed Keona was getting along well.

Haliaka was supposed to be a part of that original plan too, but life had gone awry. It was just the two of them now. And, he supposed wryly, Seamus.  Seamus who had no children, no wife.  Why was he here?  He couldn't have gotten bored with his crew... Even if he did tend to grow bored easy, Kian did not see it.  So why are you here, brother? It unnerved him if he was being honest with himself.  And for his brother to be near Keona... He was weary.

Seamus was a trickster, cold to the bone, but... He played the smile well.  He loved to have fun after all.  Kian hoped this played out well.  He did not mind the idea of having more family around for Keona, but he worried about that family.  If it had been Raziel, instead, he mused with a frown, he wouldn't even bat an eye.  The only concern would be that Raziel would be willing to live with pirates.

Here was a good place to talk.  He leapt onto a tree stump, gently setting Keona down in front of him. "I'm not angry with you," hopefully he did not seem angry.  Perhaps Kian was very lenient, but he did not like snapping at his daughter. "I am however, disappointed." He bit back a sigh, tail tip flicking. "I don't want to be chasing you around the jungle, you understand?  Everytime you disappear, I worry about where you've gone, Sibeal.  I worry you'll get hurt.  The island is not as safe as the boat, love."

He took a quiet breath, already regretting what he had to get out.  It was necessary, but he severely wished it was not. "Now, I actually want to talk about my brother, Seamus." Kian shifted his paws, studying the tree stump's rings. "I want you to be... Careful around him, okay?  I don't think he's any danger or nothing, but... My brother... Just be careful, okay?  You can spend time with him, if you want, he is your uncle after all, and I'm certain he'd be more than happy to spend time with you, he's very fun, trust me, but... Just be cautious, love."

// [member=265]Keona.[/member]
code by spacexual

Re: thicker than water — private - Keona. - 04-29-2018

✯ — female. typhoon. ref. bio.
Keona was not sure where they were anymore, hanging limp as she let her father carry her through the jungle.  They were not heading back to camp however, no.  She knew that.  He wanted to talk.  She hoped he was not too upset.  She did not really want to be in trouble, but she supposed she would be getting what she earned.  She had not meant to wander so far, but she did not regret it that much.  Now she knew where the border was.

The beta blinked when she was finally set down, recognizing bark beneath her paws as she stood on the tree trunk, ears perking.  Silently, she angled her head towards her father's voice, biting her lip anxiously as he started.  Honestly, a part of her likes anger better than disappointment.  She shuffled her paws, ducking her head down.  "Sorry," she mumbled, her voice near a whisper.

He kept speaking however, and she blinked again, raising her head curiously.  About his brother?  A confused frown flickered across her face.  What was so wrong with his brother?  She was glad she was allowed to spend time with him, but she did not understand why it was an issue in the first place.  Uncles were good, weren't they? Not dangerous?  "Is uncle Seamus ba?" He had seemed nice enough, from what she had seen of him, but that had been very little after all.  Keona did not want her uncle to bad, especially since she liked the idea of having an uncle.
code by spacexual