Beasts of Beyond
Range - battle training event B - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: Range - battle training event B (/showthread.php?tid=8563)

Range - battle training event B - Morgan - 12-16-2018

Since the previous training had gone decently well, Morgan was delighted to try holding a sceond edition. Just like before, he set up a wide variety of sculptures resembling vaguely living beings, then filled them up with bright orange paint. A few busted-up tables sat precariously next to the General, who had placed several sets of slings with stones atop it alongside a few bows and old arrows as well as a pair of spears. Finally, some clear marks were made in the dirt, though this time they were meant to denote distance rather than boundaries.

"It's time for part two of our training. Just like last time, we'll be fighting against these sculptures; this time, though, I'm requiring you all to attack from a distance."
He turned his head toward the weapons on the table, then continued,
"The time limits will be similar to last time. If you decide to use a power, you've only got five seconds to take out your target. If you want to use a regular weapon, you've got a little more time: twenty-five seconds instead of twenty. Since these weapons are a bit harder to use than close-range ones, I'm not expecting results as impressive as the last time. Even so, you should all do your best, because there'll be a prize for the winner. Aim for vital points, and do whatever you can to destroy the enemy."
His explanation was hopefully a bit less long-winded compared to the previous one; he bowed and stepped back to let his comrades do their jobs.

Re: Range - battle training event B - teef - 12-30-2018

i never meant to start a fire.
[align=center]
code by spacexual
hitting stuff? more up jim's aisle than his own. but still. this was a new body and it had been a long time since ... the accident. taking a deep breath, the former doctor would approach the area, his ears twitching as the farm dog would look at the area around him.

he had missed the last combat event, and decided that he should be training in this new body. he could hold out pretty well on his own in his old body, but now he was uncalibrated and still getting used to his body and the way it worked.

"twenty five seconds?" the male would rumble, brows partially furrowed as he looked over the weapons. oh, this was stirring up memories of the academy. clearing his throat, the canine approached one of the slings, collecting a few of the stones and pebbles.

well, he might as well be here, knowing medicine and stuff just in case somebody got hurt ... yeah, it was likely, because there was always an idiot in every group. "how old are these things?" he asked curiously as he pondered that a sling couldn't be that different from a gun from the academy. oh how wrong would he be!
i never meant to make you bleed.

Re: Range - battle training event B - Crow Roux - 01-03-2019

[align=center]action — "speech"thoughts
PHYSICALLY HARD | MENTALLY MEDIUM | MAGICALLY MEDIUM | ATTACK IN [b]#757f96[/b]
[div style="background: linear-gradient(to right, #464C5A, #757f96, #464C5A); width: 500px; height: 2px;"]

Long range. The feline had a few tricks up his metaphorical sleeve, but he was... rusty. It had been a hot minute since he last participated in combat. He was bound to make a fool of himself at first.

His sight rolled across the weapons spread across the table that was in front of him as he pulled his satchel off of his shoulders and untied the frayed scarf from around his neck and set them in neat fashion on the ground in a place they would not be trampled or dirtied by the oozing dummies. Then he walked toward the assortment, his jade eyes glinting with intrigue.

Crow drew his paw across the spears on the table, then frowned. "Am I allowed to use my own weapons?" he inquired, turning his attention to Morgan as he revealed an intricately carved blade from the dark leather sheath strapped to his body. "These don't really appeal to me." The dagger showed signs of wear from use, but it was otherwise clean, and it twinkled as the faint lighting that reached through the thick canopy struck it. The feline took pride in keeping his possessions looking shiny. They lasted longer if they were well cared for, and Crow had an attachment to this particular dagger...