Beasts of Beyond
fatal vision | egg - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: fatal vision | egg (/showthread.php?tid=6905)

fatal vision | egg - pallid-i - 10-11-2018

A marbled black and white egg was nestled into the snow, origins unknown. Who put it there? And why? Surely the creature inside would die if not found. Though it was hot to the touch and the snow around it was melting, the heat wouldn't last for long. It never did.
code by spacexual

Re: fatal vision | egg - ATBASH CIPHER. - 10-11-2018

ATBASH CIPHER
somebody make me alive,
and shatter me !
The weather of Snowbound would likely be dangerous to anybody, especially with things getting colder due to the fall. The Snowbounders themselves probably have gotten used to the change by now - Atbash herself was getting a thicker coat to prepare her for winter - but most visitors weren't prepared for the drastic change in temperatures between wherever they came from and the winter wonderland in front of them. Thus, Atbash found herself often visiting the border, hoping to catch a visitor before they frost to death.

It was hard to see the black-and-white egg from a distance but as she neared the border, it became clearer. Atbash quickened her pace, confusion plastered across her face, as she came forward to stand in front of the egg. The leader extended a paw out, drawing it back quickly as the heat of the egg hit her pawpads. Atbash blinked in surprise, frowning at it for a few heartbeats. Eggs typically held something inside, did they not? Besides, the heat being emitted from it was proof that there was something alive inside.

Using her air elementals, Atbash tried to gently pick the egg up into the air. It wasn't a very strong gust of wind, but enough to be able to attempt to get it into the air so she could, in a sense, carry it back to camp. If successful, Atbash would begin her trek back to camp.
bio | female | hailcaller [leader] of snowbound
© madi

Re: fatal vision | egg - NUI HARIME - 10-11-2018

[table][tr][td]
SNOWBOUND
FEMALE
ICESTRIKER
[/td][td]
[div style="width: 360px; font-family: verdana; color: white; text-align: left; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px"]❝ LA VI EST DROLE! ❞

the ovule was smooth, round ans white, and spattered modestly with a helping of freckles.

the cold was bitter. it was healing, and it tugged lazily at her frame. the winter frost settled deep into her veins, set her nerves on fire. the wheather was perhaps the most alluring thing to her-- what drew her here in the first place. the risk that came with the cold.

on her way out, she spotted atbash with an egg gently cradled in the breeze. curiosity instantly piqued her features.

"hello atbash! oooh!" presence made known by springy breaths and tinkling vocals. she made her interest in the egg apparent, reaching out a paw for it's unblemished surface. not to touch, but to feel the heat around it, soothing like the sun.

was it possible for an egg to look cute? it certainly did, with it's stout and snug, plump appearance

"may i ask where ya found that? what are you planning to do with it?" let it be known that when she was at her most curious, the questions would pile and pile.

[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: fatal vision | egg - ATBASH CIPHER. - 10-12-2018

ATBASH CIPHER
somebody make me alive,
and shatter me !
As Nui approached, Atbash slowed down a bit, allowing the Icestriker to investigate the egg she found. "It was just... there at the border." She explained with a small frown on her face. What sort of creature would abandon their child? At least, she couldn't fathom why a parent would just leave their child alone, especially in a place as cold as Snowbound. Luckily though, there was a group nearby that would take care of and raise the child inside the egg - or Atbash will, if the rest of the tribe did not. "I'm planning on keeping it." She went on, head tilting at the egg briefly. It melted the snow around it whenever she found it and it still seemed to hold some sort of heat to it. Since the cabins were made of, well, wood, it probably wasn't a good idea to set the egg down without some sort of nonflammable substance. Unfortunately she couldn't keep her air elementals on forever; it would wear her down, regardless of whether or not the gust was strong.

"Although," Atbash decided to voice her concern out loud. "I don't know where we could keep it without it possibly burning the cabins down." Realizing that Nui probably didn't know about how it melted the snow around it, she added quickly, "It melted the snow around it so I think it's safe to say it might be a fire hazard." The Hailcaller let out a little laugh. "I don't know what could possibly be, y'know, nonflammable so we can set it down somewhere."
bio | female | hailcaller [leader] of snowbound
© madi