Beasts of Beyond
you greet me every morning [o, weekly task] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: you greet me every morning [o, weekly task] (/showthread.php?tid=4021)

you greet me every morning [o, weekly task] - Dimitri - 07-27-2018

[table][tr][td]
"DUPLICATE" DIMITRI
Donovan had been excited at this task- Dimitri, not so much. They had had a brief deja vu, but didn’t mind. Donovan had went out of the territory for the materials, and prayed he would be able to find mixing materials in the camp. He’d collected fresh roses, and chocolate. He couldn’t find pure cocoa beans but hoped this... Hersheys would do the job.

He melted a square of the chocolate in a pot, along with some oil to keep it from thickening. While it was doing that, he pressed the roses for their oil, and all he could get out of it. Expression, the least complex and oldest method of collection. He wanted a rich, sweet smell combination. After retrieving the oils he tipped the Rose-scented flask into the pot. It smelled good to him.
Chocolate Roses. How could anyone hate such a scent? He finally added the alcohol- most full perfumes are made of about 10-20% perfume oils dissolved in alcohol and a trace of water.
He added the water and started blending the strong perfume with a clean plastic stick and poured the mixture into one of his empty perfume bottles.
"Izuku~!” he corrected his strong, manly yell and heightened to Dimitri’s voice. "I did it everyone!” the alter cheered, picking up his bottle to show it off to show to everyone.

Perfume took months, even years to ferment so, he imagined that they wouldn’t be too fond of it right now.

TAGSPLAYLISTWALL OF TEXT • PENNED BY OWLIE
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: you greet me every morning [o, weekly task] - arcy - 07-27-2018

Izuku was .. a little ashamed of the task he gave Dimitri. He'd panicked a little bit, because he didn't have anything in mind for the feline. But that was .. fine. It was gonna turn out fine. And .. it did. he doesn't realize that at first, though. The feline's ears prick as he hears a vaguely familiar but too deep calling for him, and he feels .. a bit of panic. Who was that? Was somebody hurt? He hops to his paws and stumbles, and it's hard to -- wait. They don't sound. Worried. They sound pretty excited, actually. He tilts his head, and gets his answer as something that is decidedly Dimitri's voice cheers. Izuku beams.
"That's really cool!" Izuku cheers as he arrives, eyes bright. There sure is something in that perfume bottle! His tail wags as he grins, feeling a little more light-spirited with the way that the other is so excited.  "What's it smell like?" He asks, tilting his head, curious. Izuku .. doesn't know a lot about perfume, honestly. It could be anything. It could be like that strong, sour scents that he hates, but who knows, with Dimitri. Either way, he's excited to hear about it!!
[glow=black,2,300]I WONT BE HERE LONG AT ALL [/glow]

Re: you greet me every morning [o, weekly task] - cherrypaw. - 07-27-2018

[align=center][div style="0px; width:400px; height:auto; text-align: justify; font-size: 8pt; line-height:13px;"]sure, the call had not been necessarily directed towards him, but cherry figured that if you're yelling that loud, you're not exactly adverse to attention from other people.

unsurprisingly, cherrypaw was not a master perfumer-- far from it, really. so, naturally, he knew basically nothing about how you make perfume. the candy-colored feline did not know each and every other members individual weekly tasks, so he didn't even know that dimitri was making perfume until he got close enough to see.

" oh. perfume?" the tom questioned for no particular reason.

Re: you greet me every morning [o, weekly task] - Dimitri - 07-27-2018

[table][tr][td]
"DUPLICATE" DIMITRI
Act like Dimitri. The ears perked up and tail standing, a light purr came from the tom. "I- I’m calling it Roses au Chocolat, chocolate roses." he wanted a sweet smell. He planned to us this on himself later. "Perfume actually takes months to years to ferment... and it’s mixed with alcohol so the smell is a little strong.” He popped open the bottle. "Have a whiff."

TAGSPLAYLISTWALL OF TEXT • PENNED BY OWLIE
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: you greet me every morning [o, weekly task] - Character Graveyard. - 07-27-2018

Perfume? Now that was something that Kirishima wasn't a big fan of. Though, he had decided to walk over, a frown on his maw. He would lift a paw to cover his nose and he looked towards Dimiri, basically telling him not to bring the perfume anywhere near him.

"It's cool that you made perfume Dimirti, but would ya mind keeping it away from me? I'm not a very big fan of the stuff." He admitted.
tags :: updated 7/26:

Re: you greet me every morning [o, weekly task] - dead chars - 07-28-2018

" IT'S FINE NOW. WHY? BECAUSE I AM HERE! "
Toshinori had been wondering what Dimitri would pull for his weekly task. Perfume had been a very broad statement, not one he thought that anyone could pull off. Or, maybe there were simpler things that could have counted, but perfume as he thought of it? No way.

And yet, here he stood, watching as Dimitri showed off his creation. The serval was incredibly hesitant to smell it. If perfume took that long to ferment and smell good, then this wouldn't be his favorite. Chocolate roses sounded pretty appealing, though. His ears twitched and Toshinori listened through Dimitri's explanation of the concoction, but he wasn't quite ready for the top to come off.

The scent was strongly of alcohol, and while there was melted chocolate in there somewhere, it was largely covered by the different oils and who knows what else. All in all, it wasn't good. The serval's nose wrinkled but he did his best not to cover it, trying to keep an enthused expression for the sake of his acquaintance.
"Good job, Dimitri!" Toshinori chimed, though his eyes were beginning to water with the strength of the smell. He glanced at Kirishima, wishing he had the strength to say the same, because oh golly that smelled so bad right now.
code by spacexual