Beasts of Beyond
why can't i just take a bit (o)f a break / joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: why can't i just take a bit (o)f a break / joining (/showthread.php?tid=3863)

why can't i just take a bit (o)f a break / joining - cherrypaw. - 07-24-2018

[align=center][div style="0px; width:400px; height:auto; text-align: justify; font-size: 8pt; line-height:13px;"]cherry wasn't quite sure how he had wound up here. maybe he'd accidentally gotten impaled by a rock somewhere in tanglewood and had gotten reincarnated here? that seemed to be common practice at this point. the small feline awoke with a start, looking confused for only a few moments before he immediately regained composure.

blinking the sleep away from his eyes and trying his best to jog his memory, cherry croaked out in a tired meow. " hey?
anybody here?"
somebody would show up. they always did.

Re: why can't i just take a bit (o)f a break / joining - madster - 07-24-2018

it was freezing out, especially at night. henri wore his scarf and his sunglasses, deciding to get used to the territory. slowly, he told himself, as he shuffled along the cold ground, wincing every so often. he was alone despite his disability, which was the way he wanted it. once he got acquainted to this all he could start preaching and start converting.

outside of the town, henri was about to step on cherry from behind when the male started speaking and henri leaped back in surprise, luckily landing on his paws. "ah, jesus," he muttered, then switched to his cheery facade. "hiya there! my name's henri, what brings you here? and there's better places to take a nap than on the ground, y'know," he joked, grinning. still, the scent of this newcomer reminded him of something deep down, although he couldn't put his tongue on it. was he... familiar, in a way? he took a few steps back cautiously, in case cherry was violent.

Re: why can't i just take a bit (o)f a break / joining - cherrypaw. - 07-24-2018

[align=center][div style="0px; width:400px; height:auto; text-align: justify; font-size: 8pt; line-height:13px;"]cherrypaw was not a big cat. he wasn't like, comically tiny, but he was definitely smaller than average. because of his appearance, people frequently mistook the nearly 4-year-old cat for a child-- and the pink didn't help him much with avoiding those kinds of assumptions. combining all of those reasons, cherry expected any newcomer to treat him as such.

just as he had expected, people soon came in response to his calls for help. the candy-colored feline had received "help" in the form of the alabaster white feline. " i... i just woke up here," cherry chuckled in his uncharacteristically gruff voice. " happens a lot. figure i might as well scope out the area," he finished with a grin. something deep down told him to back away from the albino, but that seemed rude, so cherry decided he'd stand his ground for the time being.

Re: why can't i just take a bit (o)f a break / joining - madster - 07-25-2018

henri looked at cherry- well, put his head in the direction of cherry's voice, anyways. "you just... woke up here? that's strange. perhaps it's a sign," he mused, giggling. he took a step closer to cherry, opening his eyes to reveal his dull, dead eyes. "you're in snowbound! you should absolutely join us. i'm sure you're freezing out here. we have places to sleep that aren't in the middle of the ground, after all," he continued.

he continued to get closer to cherry, then he stopped. "so? do you want to join?"

Re: why can't i just take a bit (o)f a break / joining - Character Graveyard. - 07-25-2018

The maned wolf had noticed Henri and a unfamiliar face by the border, so he had decided to approach, a friendly grin on his maw. He had heard Cherry's call for help, but Henri had gotten here first.

So he decided to take a seat down and give a nod of greeting to Cherrypaw. "Kirishima." He introduced himself.
tags :: updated 7/24:

Re: why can't i just take a bit (o)f a break / joining - dead chars - 07-25-2018

" IT'S FINE NOW. WHY? BECAUSE I AM HERE! "
Toshinori had also simply 'woken up here' when he had joined. He had died, and then his eyes had opened and he was freezing and also a serval now, which was weird. But it was... okay, for the most part. Most of the people he'd known in his life had also woken up here again, after all, so they were still all together.

Speaking of, the serval followed Kirishima as the maned wolf made his way over. He hadn't really heard Cherry's call, but he had taken to following crowds for a little while. It always seemed that wherever there were crowds, there was also new and interesting information, which he had started to seek out to avoid running into his own thoughts.
"Hello!" Toshinori finally greets. His voice is a burst of energy, though not necessarily positive or negative. "I am Toshinori. Nice to meet you."
The feline waits on Cherrypaw's response to the question. He had figured that introducing himself couldn't hurt, though.
code by spacexual

Re: why can't i just take a bit (o)f a break / joining - arcy - 07-25-2018

It was .. kind of weird, how many people just tended to .. wake up .. in weird places. Like .. without knowing why. Or maybe they did know why but they still didn't know they were here? This was very specific, but it was also strangely common. .. Though, his classmates made a rather jarring number of them. But other people did that too, see? This is definitely besides the point, though. Izuku had been wandering again when he'd stumbled upon this. He shouldn't be wandering. But he is anyways. And besides, it wasn't hard to find these scenes, since his clanmates were .. a very colorful bunch, color-wise. It would seem they have yet another strangely-colored individual to add to their ranks, then.
"Hi! I'm Izuku, the Frosthealer here." .. The other was a little jarring, color and voice-wise, but so were a lot of people. And also, waking up somewhere just .. happened a lot? Strange. Izuku tips his head, tail giving a nervous little sweep. "Um .. Want a hot chocolate?" Izuku grins sheepishly. A poor consolation prize for whatever this was. But still, Izuku, after a bit of fumbling involving stepping on his broken leg and ow, painful, manages to conjure a flash of the stuff, and then holds it out in offering. Nobody else was, and Izuku supposes that he's basically the designated, uh .. hot .. chocolate .. giver. Did anybody else knew about that tradition to begin with? Hm.
[glow=black,2,300]I WONT BE HERE LONG AT ALL [/glow]