Beasts of Beyond
WIN OR DIE / open - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: WIN OR DIE / open (/showthread.php?tid=3599)

WIN OR DIE / open - cyantist - 07-20-2018

[table][tr][td]
I DO NOT WANT TO DIE WHO I AM
There is a variety of things that wash up on the shores of the Typhoon. People, Felix not included in that bunch since he had sailed there, items, debris and driftwood. It was quite the collection of things and Felix had taken to picking out anything of interest to him. With his goggles perched upon his head, golden rimmed with a separate eye-piece to act a magnifying glass just above the right lens, he rifled through the washed up mess to see if there was anything good.

So far, he'd found a few cogs and a badly damaged wind-up toy. Spending time in the ocean was not good for metal, so the small bird was... Rusty to say the least. In fact, he'd spent a good couple of minutes emptying the water out of the small machine. After that, he moved his goggles down in front of his eyes, moving the lens down to take a better look at his discovery.

It was a toy, but a very interesting one. A metallic replica of a sparrow, with amber laid into the underside to replicate the chest of the live bird. There was a small mechanism in it by the looks of it, but how it would function... Well, he'd be unable to fin out in this state. A suggestion would be that the sparrow would be able to fly given the right components changing and fixing. The chassis could be treated for rust given the time and patience.

You haven't the time Felix. What about Carrine?

The voice is pushed further back into his head. Felix smiles to himself, placing it delicately onto a nearby piece of mostly dry driftwood to finish drying before he puts it in his pack. The cogs, although still damp, are thrown in without a care and the wolf returns to digging around in the debris.
I'D LIKE TO LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO BE SOMEONE ELSE
TAGSMOODBOARD • PENNED BY @ cyantist
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: WIN OR DIE / open - Keona. - 07-20-2018

✯ — female. striker of the typhoon. blind. rusty spotted cat.  ref. bio.
It'd been... Keona was not exactly sure how many moons since she and her father had sailed to the Typhoon, splitting from their crew on a smaller wooden boat.  It'd been a couple, but the tiny fae had not exactly grown much in that time.  Or much at all, really.  The Striker was about the same size and the kitten fluff was ever-present.  She was rather oblivious really.

Among things that had not changed since her arrival, Keona spent a lot of her day on the bay, running along the edge where sand met the sea.  Today, she noticed another along the shore but his scent was not particularly familiar.  Another new member then.  Keona could not even name half of the joiners lately, a harrowing thought.

Chewing the inside of her cheek, the rusty spotted kitten slowly trotted towards the new scent, sightless sea-green eyes gleaming with curiosity.  "Aloha," she murmured, angling her head up, but not looking too terribly sure.  Was she facing him right?  "What're... You doing?" It sounded like he was moving stuff around... Digging maybe? Maybe he was looking for treasure; that made sense to her at least, since pirates liked treasure according to most.
code by spacexual

Re: WIN OR DIE / open - ARGUS - 07-20-2018

[align=center]

DOES THE BLANK STARE-
SCARE YOU MORE THAN THE FROWN?
[div style="background-color:#BG COLOR;width:90%; overflow: stretch;text-align: justify; font-size: 8pt;color: #E0EEEE;text-transform:lowercase;"] if it wasn't odd enough that the influx of newer faces could be described as "washed up" like common driftwood, then they didn't know the typhoon. Joiners came in drones, unconsious as it is for it to happen does little for the wolf's patience. Not so much in that they would get aggressive- although they are probably the first to turn aggressive to a newcommer beside caesar- it's more of a decent. Downward spiraling until their views get skewered enough for... dangerous things to happen.

And there was something to say that there was an occasional amount of loot that drifted onto the shore, joiners aside. Although with recent events it was all the more likely that someone found looting along the beach tide was actually looting a destroyed home from the tsunami- Argus didn't bother to tell them. It was best not to otherwise they might be discouraged to do one of the main habits that was encouraged to be a "pirate". Let them thing what they will if they stumble upon bones or skulls. As long as Argus was allowed to add them to their collection.

Spotting one of the newer members- felix if they remembered right- among one of the wrecks that no one had bothered to clean up- or actual washed up goods it was too close to the shore to tell. They spotted keona as well, and the sight of the kit trying to make friends with one of the newer members brought a light smile to their features that was a tad paternal. Being blind is always a hindrance, and seeing keona step up to be social was enough to bring the barest flashes of joy to the deputies features.

THey made sure to make their foot-falls sound for keona and felix's sake. The smile on their expression did not fade on their expression as they strolled up, Dull red eyes watching the bits of a robin-toy before it is tucked away into the tinkerer's bag. Argus politely did not make any moves to grab anything forum around them- careful in case they were possessive of anything that could still lie under some of the logs.

"hmm, if all this washed up, I'm sure there are more metal bits that settled in the sands in the shallows." The quartermaster adapted to a bland tone in offering the advice. Easier to convey the ellipses in their speech. An invitation to help them if they wanted.
[W]isker

Re: WIN OR DIE / open - CAESAR CIPHER. - 07-20-2018

IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD !
CAESAR CIPHER. MALE. THE TYPHOON. OFFICER.
Caesar had grown used to going near the ocean to check for people that had been washed ashore. He knew items had a tendency to appear as well, but he didn't exactly care much for items. But that didn't mean that he wasn't intrigued by the metal bird Felix found, though it was mostly because of the fact he had it. "Seems like he's got all the parts to me." The demon commented as he stood next to Argus, his right ear flicking.
#psychosocial.

Re: WIN OR DIE / open - purgatory - 07-21-2018

Re: WIN OR DIE / open - cyantist - 07-22-2018

[table][tr][td]
I DO NOT WANT TO DIE WHO I AM
Felix isn't paying attention to anyone around him, so Keona's voice comes as a shock. So much so that he does in fact jump, whipping round to see the kitten there and shrinking ever so slightly. He grins sheepishly as he pushes the goggles up to the top of his head so he can see her properly. "Ah, sorry about that. I tend to get sidetracked when I'm looking for materials - I'm looking for anything mechanical amongst the debris that's washed up."

When he notices that a few other people are around, he takes the sparrow and places it in his pack gently, careful not to damage any parts any further. He doesn't think anyone would take it but he also doesn't feel like risking it. After all, he needs a pet project to do to take his mind off of other things and he doubts that he'll be able to find something like this very soon. It's a lucky find for sure amongst all this, especially in a remarkable condition considering the circumstances.

"Mmm," He gives a short hum in agreement towards Argus, who seems wholly uninterested by the situation. Felix doesn't blame him per se, it's probably not that interesting to another person that isn't the tinkerer. "The issue is their condition. Anything with too much damage I can't work with." There are some parts that will never work again, some parts that are wholly unsuitable for any project Felix would ever want to undertake. So, whilst there's a lot, it's sifting through the rubbish to find the useful things.

When Caesar comments, Felix shakes his head in response. "Not quite. The sparrow isn't in a working condition, but the parts it needs are... Tiny. The larger parts are just for something else, something I've not decided yet. They all need a clean first regardless." He rambles a little as he explains, looking off into the distance. Should he ask for anyone's help? It seemed like that would be irritating more than anything.
I'D LIKE TO LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO BE SOMEONE ELSE
FELIX DE BOREL • TAGSMOODBOARD • PENNED BY @ cyantist
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: WIN OR DIE / open - CAESAR CIPHER. - 07-22-2018

IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD !
CAESAR CIPHER. MALE. THE TYPHOON. OFFICER.
Caesar let out a snort at Felix's response, clearly not believing the guy's words. "What's the use of it?" He asked, skeptical about this strange-looking thing. Why have something if it was of no use to you? The Officer didn't understand, simple as that.
#psychosocial.