Beasts of Beyond
IN GREATEST HASTE I SEE IT ALL FALL APART ⚘ awakening - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: IN GREATEST HASTE I SEE IT ALL FALL APART ⚘ awakening (/showthread.php?tid=17899)

IN GREATEST HASTE I SEE IT ALL FALL APART ⚘ awakening - aesior - 03-08-2023

[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
BURN THE BOAT BURN THE SAIL

[[ TW: unsettling scenes, gore, ptsd, mentions of violence, potentially sensitive content? (Read with a grain of salt) ]]

[ I guess this could classify as a oneshot but uh have fun (send help i cant figure out a good way to tldr) ]
[ Italicized text takes place in the REAL world. He is in Seven's house. It has been a week in roleplay since his collapse at the March Meeting! ]

The first thing that came to mind is that he was somewhere that he shouldn't be. There was darkness all around the male, he couldn't begin to feel his extremities but it felt like he was somewhere warm and wet, judging by the moist feeling of his fur. Focusing on his breathing, he struggled to balance his mind from its confusion and fear. He'd just been talking to the whole of Tanglewood in a meeting, hadn't he? Inhaling noisily, the cheetah broke into a coughing fit  as what felt like water invaded his lungs and throat, choking him. Struggling as life flared into being in his chest and his body, the male found himself able to move, rolling onto his stomach from his back and vomiting into the water he found himself in. Somehow it was shallow enough for him to lay flat on his belly in it, though that fact escaped his mind. Instead he struggled to open his eyes, one screaming in protest against him as he managed to open his right, the world too vibrant and filled with light for eyes that had been closed despite the shroud of fabric covering his face. Lungs heaving as he looked down to his paws, disgust and fear chilling him to the tips of his claws as unknown shapes took form, revealing skulls, bones and flower petals. Lifting one shaking paw to his mouth as he opened it, the male would reach his claws inside and pull out wet clumps of petals. He hadn't been eating flowers had he?

Among the petals at his paws he could pick out pink camelia, tansy, begonia, allium and yellow roses. His breath stuttered as he lifted his head to gaze out at nothing until light shifted somewhere out in the distance and he held the gaze of something with electric blue eyes. His body froze as the scenery came into picture, gaze falling on a beautiful meadow of white and yellow roses where a dark shadow figure - the same as the one he'd seen during his fights he surmised, stood atop a fallen body. His heartbeat rushed in his ears as his eyes remained fixed on the crumpled form, spotting the familiar black, brown and cream fur that belonged to his fallen husband, a muffled wail escaping him. The memories of Aristotle's execution came flooding back in horrible detail, horrible excruciating detail that he didn't want to recall.

The scenery around him faded as the field of flowers turned red slowly, ebbing out from the corpse as panic overwhelmed him. When he finally managed to lift his head from his paws where it had fallen as he struggled to calm himself, tears raced down his face. As scenery returned around him, he found himself in the square where the execution had been held. Things were different this time, instead of being in the crowd and herding his children back while trying to keep them safe behind himself, he was the one walking onto the execution stage. Dread weighed down his body as gray eye watched a body be dragged from the stage, the execution before him. He would think after having this nightmare so many times, he would be used to the fear and pain it brought him, to the overwhelming panic and the heart-stopping grief. He was never used to it, he never could be.

Ears laid back to his head as he looked away from the former executed prisoner, head ringing as chains around his forelegs were pulled on roughly. Stumbling forward, he found his head next on the block, his eyes squeezed shut. He would not look and see who was before him, he already knew. He would always know. When the blade came whistling down he allowed himself to open his eyes, staring into the blank gaze of the first person who had ever loved him. Then it all went black.

Those observing his body as he slept on if there were any would notice that he twitched and trembled, paws reaching for nothing and his claws sheathing and unsheathing as the cheetah's body moved against his will in his dreams. His ears would pin and his lips would curl in some kind of ugly sneer or snarl, eye roving beneath his eyelid as he struggled and fought as hard as he could.

Deep the inhale as he shivered, back in his world of dreams. There was nothing more terrifying than having no senses aside from knowing one was alive. He was stuck like this for some time before light filtered into the darkness, his pupil shrinking as Aesior snarled at the darkness keeping him prisoner. His neck ached like hell, sore and throbbing as he began to feel again, heavy breaths leaving him. Struggling to move his paws, he looked down and found himself staring at his grim body's paws, covered in some dark goop. Heart hammering in his ears once more, his head twisting as he searched for what gave him the instinct of danger, trying to find the cause and source. Lifting his gaze to the sky he inhaled sharply as he took in the multiple planets and stars in the sky, larger than they would be in the world he came from. It was a world he'd seen before in ancient memories, and in hazy hallucinations during battle. It was the ruined world of Gods. Ruined from the War. He could barely breathe as he looked around himself, taking account of the agony he was experiencing in this body, his shoulder screaming protest and failing as he tried to step forward. Around him he could see countless fallen bodies, countless souls wandering around.

He remembered this godforsaken place, he'd seen it too many times in his dreams and in records he no longer could hold. Breath stiff in his lungs as he choked on bloody spittle, looking down this time to see a pool of blood under him. Frowning as he watched it grow, faintly aware of flowers at the grasps of his vision and how they bent and sprang up from the growing pool of gore despite his efforts to scoop it back towards himself. His head felt so full of so many things, only staring as the spirits and shades he saw earlier began to circle him, his fur standing on end. He felt claustrophobic all of a sudden, heart screaming again in his ears as a pair of electric blue eyes appeared in a mass of darkness before him.

Struggling as claws grasped his chin and lifted his head, a set of jaws appearing on the darkness in an ugly smile. "It seems like you can finally see me, Child of The War. You're wearing my body, and we are in my memories though it seems like you already know this place. Your own memories are a taint upon mine, weak creature. I wondered who you were for the longest time, whose soul I'd been entrapped within. Oh. Do you feel the emptiness?" A claw reached out to tap on his chest, above where a wicked wound was, the wound that wept blood without end. He hissed in shock at the deep cold from the touch, inhaling a snort as he glared at the shapeless shadow creature. Somehow, somewhere, Aristotle's voice pierced the veil with a clearness to it, "Thedes. The Former God of Death. That is your opponent, Aesior Opheles, Grim of Death."

Taking a breath as he struggled for a moment to control the wheezing breath leaving his chest, "Piss off. Let me out of this forsaken world, wherever the hell we are!" He snarled.

The other's voice suddenly overwhelmingly loud, "HAHAHA! YOU THINK YOU CAN ESCAPE THIS PLACE!? You are forever stuck here, Child of Abandonment!" wicked laughter escaped the shape as it began to change its form into that of a lion, a lion so similar to his own appearance. Pinning his ears back as Thedes' face was pushed into his own with that ugly sneer, "You wear my body and trample in my memories, Grim. I was once the Master of your kind, and to think that my soul was trapped here. Within your weak soul. That damned God of Life, Kallen. I raised that brat like my own child and he turned on me for what? That pitiful scrap of flesh that you called your friend?" A hum, the scenery changing as he squeezed his own eyes shut, the crackle of flame too familiar. He already knew that his friend's body would lay before him, before he had died lifetimes ago himself.

Shaking his head angrily, he opened his eyes to hold Thedes' as a deep snarl ripped out of him, finding his body was able to move as he stepped forward, ignoring the wounds that should have killed him seven times over. "You are a traitor to your own kind, Deity. You cannibalized countless Gods and Goddesses after making them fall to you and your pressures. You were no God of Death, you were an Unnamed God of Calamity and Desiccation! I name you, Thedes the Unnamed Destroyer, Golden Traitor of the Gods!"
"Ohoho. Kitty's got some proverbial claws, huh? Name me all you want, Sunflower Child. Your Son of Cornucopia will not save you now. That God is spent! He lived his last days a fool! THE GOD OF THE HARVEST IS DEAD AND GONE, CHILD OF ABANDONMENT! LET THAT KILLER GO!"
"DON'T YOU DARE TO SPEAK OF ARISTOTLE IN THAT MANNER YOU TRAITOR, KINKILLER, GOD-EATER!" He raised his voice as loud as he dared. What he couldn't control was a sudden tidal pool of bitch black ink rising up around  his legs and swallowing him whole all too swiftly, blue eyes sparking in surprise before everything faded away with a furious hiss from Thedes, "Fall into despair you stubborn bastard!"

For an unknown period of time, he was swallowed in the cold darkness once again. He stayed there for the Gods only know how long before the sensations of warmth and comfort reached him, a sense of all consuming peace overtaking him. For those who had witnessed the Luminary's bodily convulsions and changes over the last few days, they would notice that this had become the quietest period of time that had ensued since he had fallen comatose. He could hear voices, and he could almost swear that he could feel the warmth of sunlight on his body, the sweet and familiar scent of lavender hanging in the air about him. Inhaling as he struggled to open his eyes, a gentle voice reaching him, "Come home, Aesior. You're missed here."

It wouldn't take the man much longer to awaken there, in a field of lavender located not far from the home he had raised his family in. The laughter of children rang in the air, startling him from his thoughts. Was he truly back in time, before tragedy had struck? Back before the executions? It was a tempting promise to believe, though all of his experiences led him to believe otherwise. The thoughts of another world, of the one where he should be awake, were distant and not so tempting as to give into the belief that he was once again at home with everyone again, where starvation, murder and death did not exist, where his children could grow up safely. Where he was happy, kept in the comfort of Ari's presence, in a place where he knew he was loved. Where Thedes did not exist.

It was tempting, so tempting to stay there, in the warm sun that soothed every ache of his battered body. It spoke more to him, the abandoned and hated man that he was, with family and loved ones leaving him at a pin's drop. That had to hurt a lot more than he could articulate, and it did. It bore a hole in his heart. The time he spent there, playing and frolicking in the sun in a whole body with his children, singing songs with his beloved partner, relaxing in the evening sun in a peaceful world. It was a world and place that he didn't want to leave behind. It was a happiness and love that he didn't want to leave. But there was an itch in the back of his mind, a nagging sensation he wanted to get rid of. There was something he had to do, something that had to be done before he could relax there beside his husband with his children settling close.

"Awaken, Dark Smith." He blinked his eyes open as he heard his husband's voice, twisting to roll over and stare at the other with surprise and confusion in his chest. Reaching out to stroke his cheek, he nearly recoiled as it felt like he'd touched a burning iron, "Aristotle? W-What?" he asked, looking at his steaming paw with frustration, reaching out once more and recoiling yet again as his husband's form burst into burning flowers.

"Your time is not yet done, Sunflower. Go back now."

The world came reeling back all too violently and cruelly as the Luminary's only good eye flew open in reality, all of his fur standing on end. Some time in the week that he had been out, his body had changed into that of his Grim body, the lion's form the one he wore when he was thrust back into the ugly reality he lived in. For a good few seconds the Luminary did not breathe, eyes wide open with fear as he struggled, a paw flying to his face and scratching at his mouth and eyes. It felt like he was covered in spiderwebs, in some kind of death shroud. Loud the inhale as his jaws parted, a broken and ragged defeated scream of loss ripping from lungs too weak to hold so much air. Left gasping for any amount of air that he could receive, the lion all but collapsed back upon himself as his stomach twisted and fought him, coughing and sputtering as his claws hooked into the poultice and leaves covering his left eye, flinging the offending herbs far from himself half across the room from himself.

Unsteadily he found himself on his paws as his stomach heaved and he emptied nothing but spit and unsettled acids onto the floor. Shaking as his head drooped to the floor, world spinning as he gave a pained moan as his paws shook, legs trembling until they gave out underneath him, half spilling the barely conscious man from his week-long bed. Head slumping onto a paw he managed to draw close to himself, he shook and trembled as a gray eye stared dizzily out into space, looking at nothing in particular for a while before he inhaled deeply. The unfocused gaze slowly sharpened as his breathing evened, though his head felt like it was split into two and he could not make sense of his surroundings come hell or high water. Taking account of his surroundings, the lion groaned long and deep as he tried to recall where he was, who he was and what he was doing. His ears flicked at a whisper in his mind and the nudge of his shoulder, he was Aesior.

"I am Aesior Opheles, the Luminary of Tanglewood and the Grim of Death. You will not win against me, Thedes."

FEEL THE THUNDER START TO CALL
[ speech ] | [ american lion ] | [ appearance ]
@/teef

Re: IN GREATEST HASTE I SEE IT ALL FALL APART ⚘ awakening - CORRUPTTIMELINES - 03-08-2023

The room felt so empty.

Corrupttimelines had shifted into his domestic feline form for the time being, desperate to see Aesior. Had he not acted so entitled, he would have seen the former much sooner. Seven had made it clear he could not enter in his primary form, which frustrated the dragon and her he held a strong understanding. His being was too large, too obtuse to simply maneuver its scaly surface through the petite doorframe. His head would burst through the ceiling had he even attempted. As such, he obliged to Seven’s wishes. For the past few days he wandered this plane in a body that was abnormal, and yet home all at once. The last he had seen Aesior, this was the form he had uptaken. The day he had parted ways with the former and his son, he could recall being in this flesh. It felt foreign, everything felt so surreal. After he was entrusted with something so…special, he managed to louse it up. At the time, nothing had seemed more important than finding her. How wrong he was.

She had come to him in a dream, pleading for him to come find her. The softness of her eyes and the stiffness of her fur wavering in the rain, it all had felt so surreal. Everything was coming in flashes, fragmented. Her golden hued fur, strikingly different against his own had dazzled in his eyes as a horrified look up took her face. Blood trickled down her side from a claw mark wound as deep as his claws could have done, and she was sniffling and sobbing in agony. Swiftly, she dropped into the mud beneath her feet before his eyes. Her choking sobs wheezed into the sky as she made her plea.

Cory! Please, help me! It hurts! It burns!

When he woke up, Corrupttimelines wasn’t the same. The dream had really unnerved him, and he couldn’t get it out of his head. His brain was tainted with the agony of her cries, and though he could not recognize her, the familiarity was painful. To see her suffer, but not know her name. It was too much for him, and he felt himself sleeping even less than before. How could he, when her face haunted his dreams? How could he, when he wasn’t going after her? She needed his help, and to not give it would be selfish. It was eating him alive.

That was when he made the hardest decision of his entire life.

He invited Aesior over for tea during a stormy day. As usual, he had obliged. The duo spent the entire evening together, reminiscing about the days prior and giggling over Vintara’s antics. Despite the cheerful tone Cory forced upon his voice, his mind was plagued. It was struggling, tormented. Each time the lightning cracked across the sky, he began to feel overwhelmed with the memories of the nameless female upon his brain. The flashes would come back to him, causing his heart to speed up as he tried to repress it.

Crack.

Cory trembled as her face flashed before his eyes, contorted in pain. Her suffering was washing over him, and nausea brimmed in his gut as he forced his breaths to steady, trying not to worry Aesior as he forced the conversation for another ten minutes.

Crack.

He wavered a bit, feeling tears brim his eyes as her screams flooded his head. Relentless, they grew louder and louder in the recesses of his mind. His head hurt, and he felt panic threatening to consume him. Cory repressed it further, his voice lowering to just below a whisper.

Crack.

Your breathing sounds off. Are you alright?” Aesior scribbled down, shoving his notepad towards Cory. The feline sniffled and clamped his teeth down upon his lip, silencing sobs that threatened to spill past his lips. He shook his head, and then sighed deeply.

I ... I need to go in search of someone important. I won't be here for a while, and I don't know when I'll be back. I want you to look after Tanglewood until then,” he pleaded, the tears streaming down his face as he sat. Aesior’s face contorted with shock as he shook his head to and fro. Disappointment and fear encased his expression and body language.

What do you mean?! I wouldn’t have the first clue what I’m doing,” he asserted, scribbling it upon the notepad before shoving it towards Cory again. The feline glanced over to Aesior and frowned further, clenching his paws as he did so. He should have known Aesior would protest. Why wouldn’t he?

You will do amazing. You are amazing…I-” he paused, clearing his throat. He’d never said those words before, and saying them now likely wouldn’t make this any easier on Aesior. Instead, he clenched his eyes shut and let a deep breath escape his maw.

Just…I know you can do it, Aesi. You’re strong-stronger than me. Vintara should stay with you while I’m gone, he doesn’t like to be alone. You know how much he adores you,” he insisted, beating around the bush as he glanced at Aesior. He was hurt, confused, perhaps even afraid. Cory knew him all too well, and the guilt seeping into his brain was rampant. He never wanted to do this to Aesior. He could tell the former was deep in thought, as he didn’t reply for awhile. When he did, it was short but clear.

Okay. You better come back, then.

Cory sniffled and nodded his head. “Of course I will, I would never leave you guys,” he told him.

The two sat there for awhile, taking in each other’s presence, and Corrupttimelines left that same night.

As Cory emerged from his resting quarters, something felt off. His heart was aching, and his brain was wrapped in torment as he recalled the night that sealed their fates. Would Aesior be disgusted with him? He hoped not, after all, he had kept his word. However, he had been gone for so long he partially wondered if Aesior would recognize him. Since he had another child, he figured Aesior moved on. Maybe he wouldn’t even accept Cory here anymore.

As Cory traveled the lands, he struggled to find the spot in which she laid. No matter where he went, he could not find the precise location that haunted his dreams. Just as he was going to give up, he stumbled across a ditch in an area unknown to him prior to these dreams. The memories came flooding back, and Cory was unprepared for what he remembered.

———
Rej! Rej no!” cried Corrupttimelines, scampering towards his sister as she fought against the enemy dragon. He towered over her, slamming her claws into her side as she screamed and wailed. Cory let out a fierce hiss, flinging mud into the dragon’s eyes as he flung himself forwards, latching into its nose and scraping his claws against his face. This caused the dragon to shift away, repulsed. It flung Cory a few feet away and let out a mighty roar, soaring off in the opposing direction. Cory’s body hit a nearby tree, causing him to collapse. He glanced up, and then what happened in his dreams followed.
———
When he got down to the spot, he was trembling horrifically. Tears rolled down his cheeks as the dragon sat beside a grave he had dug with one paw. Atop of it was an old necklace he had left. He was hurt. The sobs that escaped his maw were incomprehensible. Remembering this changed Cory in ways no one would yet know.

As he rounded the corner to Seven’s door, he heard movement and coughs. It took a moment for him to process it, but swiftly he realized that the noises he had heard did not come from Seven. The feline’s eyes widened, and immediately he rushed up to the door. Pressing his ear against it, he gasped. He breathed shakily, trying to compose himself as he rasped on the door.

Is…everything okay?
code by spacexual

Re: IN GREATEST HASTE I SEE IT ALL FALL APART ⚘ awakening - Seven - 03-08-2023

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
WE KNOW WHAT YOU WHISPER!
By the time his motion started to stir, Seven knew it was about time. She had kept a much closer eye on him by the later half of the week. But she didn't expect his cheetah outline to change. Perhaps it was fear that had planted her by the patient bed without movement. Even when he had almost fallen off the bed. But that spurred her to move, gently trying to place him back on.

Hearing him speak nearly brought tears to her blind eyes, but whether or not she was successful in getting him onto the bed, she had almost quickly turned away. "I will alert the others."

Feeling her way to her partially opened front door, she looked at Corrupttimelines' feline body. For a moment she didn't recognize him, but then she opened the door more. "He has awakened. Tread cautiously, he's obviously a bit shaken."
SEVEN - BLIND TIGRESS - SHADOW REGENT OF TANGLEWOOD
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: IN GREATEST HASTE I SEE IT ALL FALL APART ⚘ awakening - Atticus Roux - 03-09-2023

ATTICUS ROUX -
Atticus had been standing outside the door of Seven's home, leaning against the frame with his head hung low and eyes closed. Through weak breaths into his chest, the domestic feline started to drift off. The wait was too long, too stressful. While it kept him on his toes for some time, he was starting to grow exhausted. There was not much else to do besides remain still with ears alert.

As he started to drift off into sleep, footsteps from outside the house alerted him. Coruptedtimelines. Atticus, with one eye open, watched as the other pressed up against Seven's home. Through the silence between them, the sound of another's cough made his head shoot upwards and eyes widen. His ears perked. Could it be? There was no one else in the home besides Seven per his knowledge, so it had to be. Aesior had awoken.

The domestic feline scrambled to his feet with no regard to the former leader and attempted to push through the door, only to meet face to face with Seven. She cautioned them on his shaken attitude, not mentioning his new appearance. It led Atticus to nod back simply, startled by their close encounter, and hurriedly shift past her. What came to his eyes was definitely a surprise.

Whether or not Aesior was back in bed, the leader's new body shocked Atticus. The cheetah was obviously nowhere to be found, so this had to be Aesior. Atticus could only let his jaw hang open for a few seconds, catching up on the multitude of thoughts swirling inside his brain. What did he say? He did not love Aesior, but he held respect for the leader too. Even so, their recent decisions left Atticus unpleased. The smaller feline could only stand still in surprise, thinking of courtesies to offer.

Rather than acknowledging Aesior directly, he turned to Corruptedtimelines with a furrowed browline and a lashing tail. Yellowed teeth gritted together. The timing was unpleasant, but Atticus had a duty to give the truth to the leader. Rather than lingering anymore, he turned back to Aesior. "You have a visitor," he introduced, holding back a rude huff. He was still angry with the former leader, but held his opinions back from the newly woken up luminary. It was not time for drama that could send them back into a coma. 

Re: IN GREATEST HASTE I SEE IT ALL FALL APART ⚘ awakening - CORRUPTTIMELINES - 03-09-2023

Cory hesitated for a moment when Seven answered the door. He took in her advice, nodding his head just as Atticus shoved his way past. The feline offered no reaction to what he had done. Instead, he just shifted his gaze as he grew closer to Aesior. Following carefully behind Atticus, the domestic cat nodded his head. He didn’t get too close for fear of upsetting the leader, instead he hung back. When Atticus addressed him, Cory peered around Atticus and offered Aesior a warm smile.

I’m finally home.
code by spacexual

Re: IN GREATEST HASTE I SEE IT ALL FALL APART ⚘ awakening - aesior - 03-12-2023

The sound of breathing aside from his own was enough of a shock when the lion finally managed to breathe without hindrance, jolting in surprise as he was touched. He felt his body being moved, a startled hiss leaving him, unable to make heads or tails of what was to his left and the pain that came from turning his head around was more than enough to discourage further attempts. Coughing as he was laid back down, his head feeling ready to shatter from every little sound, "Is that you, Seven?", he would rasp, noticing blue fur from his right eye as his closest confidant turned away from him. Was she alright? Closing his eye to save himself the sanity, he breathed out heavily, "Alert the others?" It was a question asked softly, as if he couldn't quite recall who these 'others' were.

Shifting slightly on his bedding with his eye closed, his ear was forced to swivel as he heard the tigress cross the room and open the door. He couldn't make heads or tails by the sound of footfall of who was who but Atticus' scent reached him first, followed by a vaguely familiar but unrecognizable scent. Forcing his eye to open, he would blink as he espied Atticus and another small feline shadowing him. Lifting his head with a grit of his teeth, one paw resting close to his head as he gave a grunt, trying to lift his head to better see the other two. He observed Atticus' reaction as carefully as he could, gleaning some information from his behaviour as he mulled his words in his head. A visitor? Who could it be?

An uneasy growl escaped the lion as his ears twitched, picking up on the second set of paws. Who was this visitor with the familiar yet unfamiliar scent? Huffing out a breath and groaning at the immediate sparks of pain, opening his jaws, "You will have to step closer. I can't see you." He spoke lowly, ears pressing down and back, tufted tail giving a frustrated flick, his eye gradually gaining some clarity despite everything feeling fuzzy, perhaps from the scratches across his face left in his fight with Juniper of The Typhoon. He paused as he mulled Cory's words, "I'm finally home." Was this man a traveler that had returned to Tanglewood after a trying journey and wished for the leader to know? Had anyone helped him to get settled in?

[Image: Untitled103_20230309004605-1.png]
[ f l o w e r  g u i d e ] & [ t a g s ]
[align=center]"speech" | thoughts / writing

Re: IN GREATEST HASTE I SEE IT ALL FALL APART ⚘ awakening - CORRUPTTIMELINES - 03-12-2023

You will have to step closer. I can't see you.

Cory’s heart about lept out of his chest. Aesior couldn’t recognize his voice? Had he really been gone that long? Stifling tears, he moved closer and offered what he could muster of a smile for Aesior. Seeing him like this made the feeling worse, but he knew he had to stay strong for his sake. Soft breaths passed his weary lips as he sat down directly beside him.

I told you…” he said in a soft tone towards him, refraining from touching him for fear of making him upset. “I would come home to you….
code by spacexual

Re: IN GREATEST HASTE I SEE IT ALL FALL APART ⚘ awakening - tanglewoodian - 03-13-2023

The gathering of others by her fathers bedside sent panic through her very being. Dread at what was going on spurred her closer to the bed until she was almost beside Atticus. Then, she stopped. Her heart still racing as she realized he was awake. He was awake and alive and not.. no she couldn't think it.

"Father do you need anything? I can fet you food, drink, or whatever you want. I am so glad you are alright." She was fighting back tears as she shook a little. Ignoring Cory for the moment as her focus was her father.

actions | "speech" | attacking
who would have guessed it

Re: IN GREATEST HASTE I SEE IT ALL FALL APART ⚘ awakening - aesior - 05-02-2023

Uneven and weary the breaths that shook his lungs, mouth dry as he listened to the smaller tom before him. Blinking blearily at him as he approached, fighting back the growl that welled in his throat. This was going to be a problem, his lack of vision was getting to him and putting him on the edge of lashing out. There were only a few bodies in the room but by the Gods it was frustrating and overwhelming at the same time. Looking at the tortoiseshell coat before him with a huff, orange eye roaming what he could see of the other.

I told you ... I would come home to you ...

It felt like he was peering through a fog that distorted Corrupttimelines figure, his voice just as distorted. Groaning in pain, "I'm sorry, but I don't recognize you. You sound familiar, and your scent is too.", there was temptation to make a move to lean into the other, instinctive despite it all. He didn't like that. Another sound pulled his attention from the mystery now sitting beside him, his daughter's voice reaching his ears. Venemousimpulse, he recalled her name quickly, turning his head in her direction, "Child ... Come here", he murmured softly, wishing for the comfort of his family. Surely he could stand the touch of another being, a reminder that he was now alive. That he was with the people that cared about him again. Closing his eye as he lowered his head back to his sickbed, "How long have I been .... under the reign of my dreams? How much time has passed? Has anything happened to anyone?", he rasped as he gathered his strength to himself. Inhaling, the Luminary struggled to rise from his bed, feeling as if vines had tangled his legs, numb all over. Inhaling again, he caught Cory's scent more clearly this time, brow furrowing, "Wait ... home ... Corrupttimelines? Am I for certain not dreaming?"

[Image: Untitled103_20230309004605-1.png]
[ f l o w e r  g u i d e ] & [ t a g s ]
[align=center]"speech" | thoughts / writing