Beasts of Beyond
new day dawning — joiner - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: new day dawning — joiner (/showthread.php?tid=1724)

new day dawning — joiner - lavi s. - 06-01-2018

WE BLAME THE TICK TOCK, THAT TICKS TO OUR SONG
Lavi could never appreciate the feeling of being lost.  Something tells him his twin sister would feel otherwise; she loved adventure, to explore, but he liked being prepared.  He liked knowing where his paws had landed, especially when he could not remember where he had been or what he had been doing before hand.  Not to mention, especially when he was not in his original body.  Then again...

He'd been a ghost.  Now his paws - physical paws - were sinking into the snow.  Vaguely, Lavi could recall a try or two at reincarnation; but the memories were all gone.  He supposed it could be worse; he could still be a ghost, or he could not remember a thing.  Of course, perhaps it was sadder he could since he knew he and his sister could be an entire world apart.  Tentatively, he searched for traces of their bond, but it had gone quiet; perhaps his connection had faded over their time spent apart already. 

The former ghostly pine marten - now a scruffy, rather lost-looking Andean mountain cat - took a deep breath.  He was living and breathing; good.  Focus on one thing at a time.  Where am I?  Somewhere cold.  Covered in snow.  It was a change of scenery, for sure.  The feline felt like he was on the edge of something; a border.  He recognized the invisible line by scent easily, taking care to step back.  He did not want to intrude.

If a clan lived out here they were worth speaking to.  Perhaps it meant a place to settle while he figured things out.
code by spacexual

Re: new day dawning — joiner - Tena M. - 06-01-2018

✯ — female. snowbound. sand cat. demdji. tags.
That was one lost looking soul.  Tena could relate.  She was lost when she found Snowbound as well.  It was not quite home yet, but then again, nowhere ever had felt like home in a long time.  Even home had been... Difficult to live in all those moons ago; sometimes she regretted running, but it had been the only choice for freedom.  At least her older brother had gotten out too but... Well, once more they were split up.  That was the real matter that hurt.  Losing a sibling.  Twice-over.

The sand cat spent a lot of time alone, but her brother had always been a welcome companion.  Now, when she felt solitary, she truly was alone.  Still, life went on, and there was work to be done.  Prey to catch - given they were healthy - and borders to watch.

"Hey!" The demdji waved her tail as she trotted through the snow, a flash of sandy colored fur across a canvas of white.  Something about Lavi struck her as familiar but Tena was rather certain she had never met the feline; it was more his... Presence than anything.  Something calming and recognizable in his aura that she could not quite pin down.  "Can I know your name and business with Snowbound?" Tena had to bite back a childish grin, never getting over how stupidly formal that made her sound.
code by spacexual

Re: new day dawning — joiner - lavi s. - 06-01-2018

The jedi smiled warmly, trying not to think too hard on the fact that a desert cat was in the middle of all of this snow.  Wasn't she cold?  Was she simply used to it, or was she actually comfortable out here?  Lavi shook his head, focusing.  She seemed nice enough, a little sad perhaps, when he focused on her presence within the Force.  He wondered what was bothering her, but decided to hold back on directly asking.  Perhaps later.

"Lavi Solo, and..." Might as well, "I'd like to stay here, if I could."
code by spacexual

Re: new day dawning — joiner - Tena M. - 06-01-2018

✯ — female. snowbound. sand cat. demdji. tags.
"Solo?" That explained it all.  Tena's maw quirked into a broad smile.  She had not been terribly close to the pine marten she had met under that name, but they had been fast friends nonetheless.  The sand cat thought of the little gray jedi rather highly, although she could never get on board with the pacifistic mindset.  The demdji could admit that was due to the fact she had been fighting her entire life, one way or another; through words, rebellious action, or actual claws.  She could admire the marten's resolve at least.

"Nice to meet you, Lavi.  My name is Tena, and there's certainly no issue.  Welcome to Snowbound." She wondered if Lavi was like the pacifistic Solo.  He was rather friendly, but that did not necessarily mean anything; not really.  The first impression could always be misleading, intentionally or otherwise.

"Wanna tour, or would you prefer I take you to camp first?"
code by spacexual

Re: new day dawning — joiner - lavi s. - 06-02-2018

So she was familiar with the Solo family.  He supposed he should not be surprised, and he chuckled softly.  Perhaps she was a friend of Lessa's.  In his good books Tena went, though he still wondered about the shadow hanging over her.  "You must know my sister then," he beamed.  A part of him hoped that meant that Lessa was here, but he knew better.

"Thank you, Tena," he replied, inclining his head politely, "it's nice to meet you.  Perhaps I can you up on that tour tomorrow?"
code by spacexual

Re: new day dawning — joiner - ATBASH CIPHER. - 06-03-2018

ATBASH CIPHER
how could you just walk away and leave me here?
Atbash was, in a sense, always lost. She was always far from home, so she got used of the feeling of being lost. But luckily, Snowbound seemed to fill that hole in for the most part. "Welcome to Snowbound!" Atbash chirped as she came over with a smile. "I'm Atbash Cipher, one of the Flurryhosts here." She went on. Thankful that Tena had brought up the tour, the she-cat went on after Lavi answered, "Maybe I could interest you in some hot coco instead?" That was one of the traditions here, wasn't it? Atbash had been hoping to start honoring Snowbound's traditions, and it was never too late to start them.
bio | female | flurryhost [shp] of snowbound
© madi