Beasts of Beyond
baby shark, do ,do ,do ;; shark bite - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: baby shark, do ,do ,do ;; shark bite (/showthread.php?tid=16641)

baby shark, do ,do ,do ;; shark bite - Cobra - 07-17-2022

BOOTS
WATCHED IT BURN AS I TOUCHED YOUR FACE
informationplotting
water was the bane of his life. always had been. he was fine and could swim, but still. he hated being wet. so, why was he in the water now? he sank a new canoe he made on its test run. he knew he made it to thin. so, now he was swimming to the shore when he felt it.

a super sharp pain in his left hind leg. blood in the water. panicked, he swam swiftly to shore and ran out. a small bit on his leg told him he was lucky. baby shark got him. but, the sight made him realize the pain he was feeling and he yowled in surprised pain.

laying on his right side, he looked at the bite with wide blue eyes.

speaking
code by Reggan

Re: baby shark, do ,do ,do ;; shark bite - Mara-Deighe - 09-04-2022

i see what's m i n e
Swift as a lightning strike, and with almost as much power, a large beast careened straight off a craggy cliff-side and dove. It was merely a shadowy blur, save for the bright streaks of orange like a fire serpent slithering beneath the surface of the water; when the beast finally breached the surface, it had in its mouth a sizeable fish. The fish thrashed about, desperate to be released, and Mara, being the merciful sort that she was, granted such a wish with a hard, crushing pressure and a good, hearty shake. She floated above the surface and enjoyed her catch for a moment while peering about. What a fine day, a very fine day indeed to go for a swim. She couldn't remember a single day recently when it hadn't been a fine day for a swim, but today seemed particularly swell.

She was about to dive back under for perhaps the fifth time, this time to prowl about for something to torment, when a cry echoed across the water from a nearby shore. Taking a quick whiff of the air, she could make out the soggy scent of a creature and the metallic sting of blood. Indeed, the water smelled like it as well, and Mara had just seen a couple sharks scoping an underwater ruins just a minute ago. This time when she dove underwater, she stayed close to the surface to be able to hop up on shore easier. Her dorsal fin cut the water gracefully, a clear sign of her approach. "Oi, are y' all right!?" she called as she pulled herself out of the water and shook off. Her piercing orange-ochre eyes scanned around for the injured party as droplets of water slid off her dark, frizzy fur.

[size=10pt]"shout" | [member=23359]Boots[/member] | Just visiting at first!

Re: baby shark, do ,do ,do ;; shark bite - Cobra - 09-05-2022

[align=center]
Until you kissed my lips and you saved me -

boots would have jumped if the shock wasn't wearing off. the pain was a bit much for him. tail swishing, the tom would let his eyes fix on the stranger. they were asking if he was okay. baby shark bit me. i think i'll be okay. just need to treat it.

he was sure it was fine, but he was not going to be able to walk. that part he left out. he would just tough it out or figure it out. he hoped so anyways.

speaking
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: baby shark, do ,do ,do ;; shark bite - Mara-Deighe - 09-08-2022

i see what's m i n e
Before her lay an injured cat, small but certainly not insignificant. Everyone is someone, that's what Mara believed. Everyone is someone to know or fuck over... Or both! The wolf beast felt no particular desire to be so heartless and cold, especially toward a creature whose luck had already gone bad today; stark cruelty was already so rampant in the world. That being said, she couldn't help the urge to gently poke the tom with her massive paw. He was tiny and wet, just laying there like a limp plaything. She especially liked his paws. "Do you need a bit a' seaweed?" she asked, and without waiting for an answer dove back into the water for a moment. Hanging long and limp from her maw as she returned to shore was a healthy strand of aquatic plant. Mara presented it to the cat, proudly announcing her incredibly obvious return with a sense of triumph and glee, seaweed still in her mouth. "Da-daaahh!" She quickly dropped it on the ground next to the black cat with colorful paws. It was easily five times the length of his body, not to mention how large it was in comparison to his injured leg. But that could be just as easily remedied. The she-wolf eyed the wound, but did not touch until given permission by the cat. She simply sat there tearing the seaweed into manageable strips.
[size=10pt]"shout" | [member=23359]Boots[/member] | OOC

Re: baby shark, do ,do ,do ;; shark bite - Cobra - 09-08-2022

[align=center]

the woman poked him before she asked him a question and then was gone. he never had a chance to even respond, but he was grateful he wasn't alone now. even if this was a stranger, it was better than being here alone with his shock setting in. the female mentioned seaweed and he wasn't sure how that helped.

then again, he was far from a healer. ah.. thank you. he managed as she came back dropping the seaweed. the little tom looked at the seaweed the size of himself. a soft frown on his maw as he looked back up to her.

can you help me out with it? i.. am not much of a healer. he asked with a shy smile through the pain.

speaking
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: baby shark, do ,do ,do ;; shark bite - Mara-Deighe - 09-11-2022

i see what's m i n e
She hummed as she worked, glancing briefly over to the cat as he lay there and spoke to her. Though the strips were not strictly required to be perfect, Mara tore the seaweed meticulously to create a couple shorter, thinner strips and laid each out carefully beside her potential new friend. They were each unfamiliar with each other, but Mara got the sense that this little cat would be a nice friend to have. To be honest, she got that sense about many of the creatures she met, and a few even made it so far as to touch her thoughts now and then. Maybe she touched theirs in turn, sometimes. She smiled over at the cat and said, "aye, that's why 'm here, mate," in an accented tone that radiated all the gentle geniality of a level-headed healer. "Try not to move too much, eh?" With a chuckle she bent down and carefully licked any excess dribbles of blood from the soft little leg, then began to wrap. The blood was so negligible on her tongue she barely tasted it and had no real reason to spit it out, and the seaweed wrap went so smoothly that by the time she ran the fish-bone pin through it to hold it together she was already well into a - debatably - riveting tale about a dragon boiling the sea and creating what she explained was called the "Roaring Scalds".

"-- did nay think it would be such a big deal at the time, but they all learned. Aye, aye. The might of the waves overpowered 'em, tossed them around the Scalds! There you go!" Mara announced without missing a beat. Her work was complete. The seaweed wrap was already beginning to dry nicely in place by the warm sunlight and crisp air. Since the feline had mentioned he wasn't much of a healer, she explained a bit of what she expected from this endeavor. "The seaweed should dry around your leg and help seal the bite while also keeping things all firmly protected. In a day or two, it will either come off by itself, or you can take it off, just depends on how rowdy you'll be! D'you need to go anywhere? I'm Mara, by the way. If we're goin' to be spending more time together, might as well introduce meself!" Her long, shark-like tail swung side to side with the movement of her body as she swayed happily.

[size=10pt]"shout" | Tag | OOC

Re: baby shark, do ,do ,do ;; shark bite - Cobra - 09-11-2022

[align=center]

the words brought a sharp nod from him as he watched her. he understood how moving could cause him issues in the long run. the tom closed his eyes to brace for the pain. the fact this stranger was helping him was a wonder to him, but he was grateful. the story as she worked made him open his yes, paying more attention to that than his leg

it wasn't long before his leg was patched and he was listening to the woman's introduction. thank you. i'm boots, and it is a pleasure to meet you mara. i'll try not to be to roudy for a few days. he replied with a soft purr. after a moment, he remembered he would have to make it home.

home is the only place. ah, this land is the typhoon's territory. i live in the camp not far from here. he admits softly. forgetting that he was in his clans home land. you are more than welcome to stick around here. i am sure they would be grateful for the help you gave me, just as i am. he offered as he slowly pushed to his paws. flinching slightly.

speaking
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: baby shark, do ,do ,do ;; shark bite - Mara-Deighe - 09-30-2022

i see what's m i n e
As the cat spoke, the wolf stood and took a few steps around, caving to her instincts to explore but making a conscious effort not to get too distracted. Her thoughts scattered once more and began to dance, but her ears still listened to what this self-proclaimed Boots had to say. "The Typhoon, eh? Sounds like a good place t' get shipwrecked, so to speak." She peeked up from a blob of nondescript oceanic debris as an idea sparked and her eyes seemed to light up. A wide, wolfish grin tugged back dark grey lips to reveal a mouth full of large white teeth. Were the expression to be put to sound, it would be a crescendo; a slow build of enthusiasm and force which would end in an explosion if not halted or addressed. This was Mara's natural state of existence, having only been curbed by the events which had been transpiring up to this point. It was almost too much to bear, too much to resist. The cogs could be clearly be seen grinding away in her head as she swiftly formulated a plan.

"Oh, rather fortuitous this day," she remarked offhandedly. "Oi, Boots! Would you like a lift? I'll gladly see you return safely to your clan. Dunnae think I've got anywhere else t' be." This time, she did wait for a response, but came to stand by the small feline and ready herself in case he did wish for a ride. "Besides, best not to put too much strain on a newly wrapped leg, eh?"

Of course who would she be without an ulterior motive? Despite this, no one had anything to lose yet by Mara Deighe showing up. Well-- nothing tangible. Everyone is someone to know or fuck over, after all. Mara wanted to know more folks, and depending on circumstances - if it came to such things - she would have very few reservations fucking them over for personal gain. Subconsciously, somewhere deep within her being in a place unbothered for many months, she desired a connection. Something told her this would be it, starting with Boots.

[size=10pt]"shout" | Tag | Pre-Joining

Re: baby shark, do ,do ,do ;; shark bite - Cobra - 10-02-2022