Beasts of Beyond
I DON'T WANNA WASTE MY TIME ⚠ JOINING - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: I DON'T WANNA WASTE MY TIME ⚠ JOINING (/showthread.php?tid=14639)

I DON'T WANNA WASTE MY TIME ⚠ JOINING - VENUS C. - 04-24-2021

/retro to the current weather events

Sploosh. Sploosh. Sploosh. The sound of paws trodding through muddy water could be clearly heard by anyone close by as the feline made its way towards the border, no emotion on its face. While Venus wasn't the biggest fan of all the murky swamp water this... err... what was the group called again? Tanglewood? Yes, Tanglewood. That Tanglewood had in their territory, it was on a mission, and it was determined to see it to the end. Venus had heard tales in the whisperings of rogues he had drank with of the groups that inhabited this massive hunk of land it had found itself stuck on, stories of strange creatures with unbelievable powers, like its own.

That, in particular, was what had caught Venus' interest. For all of the feline's life, it had never found anything with powers like that ones it had. It was an outcast to its parents, thought to be destined for bringing destruction and death to the world. The look of disgust on its mother's face still comes the creature in nightmares, shrinking down to nothing but a moddled scrap of blue, gray, and black fur before her. A nauceous feeling soon rose in Ven's stomach and it would immediately dismiss these thoughts, refocusing on the task at hand.

"I hope it's not slimy like this the whole way through, cause' if so... I'm turning back the fuck around." Venus would grumble sarcastically once the feline reached a dry piece of land before the scent border, shaking mud from its paws. Of course, it wasn't about to let a swamp actually decide if it was going or staying. In fact, on a normal day, Ven actually enjoyed water and mud puddles, but after it had been walking for miles in it? Yeah, no, it was going to complain. "Helloooo? Anyone home? I'm Venus Canopus, I'm here to join Tanglewood." The blue feline would call out, examining its claws while it waited for someone to approach.
the road i walk is paved in gold to glorify my platinum soul
Reggan

Re: I DON'T WANNA WASTE MY TIME ⚠ JOINING - ATBASH CIPHER. - 04-24-2021

ATBASH CIPHER
tired eyes, barely open ,
crippled by a promise broken !
Being a demon, Atbash was used to having powers and abilities. She was born with them, of course she knew about them. Being a dream demon specifically meant that she had powers relating to mental manipulation - controlling dreams and nightmares, causing hallucinations, manipulating memories and emotions - but she wasn't exactly limited to mental-related powers. She had a couple of elemental abilities, being able to control both water and air, though Atbash didn't use any of her powers often. Except for maybe telepathy.

The sound of someone walking through the swamp made Atbash pause in her hunt, ears pricked for a moment before she decided to investigate. "It gets drier close to camp." The savannah mused, a friendly smile on her face as she approached Venus, dipping her head in greeting. "Welcome to Tanglewood, Venus. I'm Atbash Cipher, a Vassal of Commune. I basically specialize with greeting newcomers and whatnot."
female f1 savannah | vassal [hp] of commune of tanglewood | "speaking" | thoughts | "telepathically speaking"
© madi

Re: I DON'T WANNA WASTE MY TIME ⚠ JOINING - VENUS C. - 04-24-2021

Unlike Atbash, Venus was a different sort of breed one could say. It had been cursed with a piece of shit father and a mother who could care less whether her child lived or died- a demigod. It didn't cry itself to sleep at night over these facts anymore, no, not at all. Ven wasn't a child anymore and that stage of its life was long gone. What was in the past should stay in the past and all that guru shit or whatever. So what exactly did their demigod status give them for powers, you ask? A venomous bite, the ability to manipulate water, and gold blood. It was fully possible that it was capable of more than just that, knowing what kind of God its father had been but did it really give a shit to find out? No.

As Atbash approached, one of its ears would flick, face still devoid of emotion. "Thank the gods! I think I would actually throw up if I ingested any more of that disgusting swamp water!" The feline would complain in an exaggerated manner, placing a paw to its forehead like some sort of character in a drama movie would do after hearing devastating news. A few seconds later, Ven would put its paw back down on the ground, a Nick Wilde from Zootopia-esque smirk appearing on its dark blue face. "Just kidding. I don't actually mind it all that much, but I have been walking in it for while, so y'know...  somewhere dry to stay would be nice. It's nice to meet you, Atbash Cipher." Venus would say with a nod before rising to its paws, tail swishing gently as it did so.
the road i walk is paved in gold to glorify my platinum soul
Reggan

Re: I DON'T WANNA WASTE MY TIME ⚠ JOINING - ATBASH CIPHER. - 04-25-2021

ATBASH CIPHER
tired eyes, barely open ,
crippled by a promise broken !
Venus's exaggerated and dramatic response made Atbash laugh, her short tail flicking as she did so. "You can handle just a little more, right? It's not that far from camp though, I swear." Plus it got drier closer to camp, as she mentioned. But Venus would have to go through the mush for a little longer. "It's nice to meet you as well, by the way." With that and not waiting for Venus to answer her original question, the savannah turned towards camp and waved a paw to follow her.
female f1 savannah | vassal [hp] of commune of tanglewood | "speaking" | thoughts | "telepathically speaking"
© madi