Beasts of Beyond
stars above || sherbet: open || burning ice - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: stars above || sherbet: open || burning ice (/showthread.php?tid=14276)

Pages: 1 2

stars above || sherbet: open || burning ice - SHERBET - 03-10-2021

Sherbet aimlessly looked to the stars, it was past midnight, he was sure. On his back, sand sticking all over him from where he rolled over to look at the stars. All the rainbow sherbet tabby could think of is when Drifting-Feather and Rhinestonestar have sat with him and they talked about beliefs and what stars are which. Both of them are gone, and he felt a gaping hole in his heart when he thought about them. He loved Drifting as if she was his own as he did not stay in his first litters' life very long due to wandering paws. He found great company and admiration for Rhinestonestar. She was incredibly strong and commanded justly. He looked up to the ex-leader, not that he'd admit that. He coughed a little as his stress-relief finally started kicking in. Sherbet's eyes grew half-lidded and he became drowsy. He looked up at the stars, and kept his gaze on Orion's Belt, his favorite one, the first one Drifting had shown him.

He wondered if their spirits haunted the Glades, or if they were happy where they were.

He wondered if Rhinestonestar was happy.

He wondered if Drifting was happy.

He wondered if he was happy.

"Speaking" & 'Thinking'

Re: stars above || sherbet: open || burning ice - Ares - 03-10-2021

For the Record, this is self-destructive
For the record, I'm aware of that.
Ares didn't know Drifting. Maybe, if she had known her, she could say the same about what Sherbet felt. She didn't know Rhine that well either. So, really she had no reason to say she mourned the absence of either of them. Now stars? Stars, Ares could talk about. Seeing Sherbet on the beach was a sight, considering Ares never properly saw him. [color=red]"You're that cold cat.. right?" She worded gently, walking up to him.

"I'm.. I'm Ares." She dipped her head toward him, sitting down next to him and setting her gaze upon the sky as well. The 'stress relief' went seemingly unnoticed by her as she just stared up. Orion, obviously, was the most noticeable. Other constellations tried to take her attention but she ignored them.
Reggan

Re: stars above || sherbet: open || burning ice - DRAYDEN CIPHER. - 03-12-2021

[glow=white,1,400]I'LL RUN IN CIRCLES 'TILL I CRASH !, PALM GLADES, 8 MONTHS]。+゚.[/glow]
Drayden, unfortunately, didn't know Sherbet either, but that didn't mean he didn't want to get to know the guy. Hell, if the Gladiator hadn't been out-and-about tonight, he probably wouldn't have came across Sherbet and Ares, seeing them as silhouettes in the distance. Drayden limped closer, ears pricked to try to catch any words to see if there's a conversation going on. "Hey Ares." He greeted, before his gaze flickered over to Sherbet. "My name is Drayden Cipher."[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: stars above || sherbet: open || burning ice - SHERBET - 03-13-2021

Sherbet lazily swished his tail closer to him and patted the sand next to him for the other two, "I am Sherbet, the cold cat." He had an amused gleam in his green eyes, "I am made out of ice cream, I don't know why, but I am." The rainbow sherbet tabby returned his gaze to the stars, tracing them with his eyes, "It's nice to meet some others in the group, I tend to stay away due to being a bit scared of others saying I'm too cold to be around, or I am too strange." It was odd to admit that, but it was true. He only knew a single pawful of animals, and two of them are gone. Sherbet swallowed down a whimper, as he craned his neck to look at the two again a small smile on his muzzle despite his grief, "I can try my hardest to answer any questions about myself if you two are curious. I don't keep anything about myself secret really."

Re: stars above || sherbet: open || burning ice - WINTERHYMNS P. - 03-14-2021

He did not know of Drifting-Feather but Rhinestonestar lingered in his mind, it had been some time since he had heard anything about the former legate and he was much too tired to continue searching for her. He had children to raise and well, he was having some issues with his relationship to say the least and had not seen Magnum for some time now. It was concerning. His mind was filled with many stressful thoughts that buzzed yet he let out a soft breath leave him, he had wandered out into the night to clear his thoughts. That's when he noticed a few of his groupmates were also out at this time, he found a weak smile on his maw as he stepped forward with his tail flicking back and forth "Well... Hello to the three of you." His gaze shifting between all of them, two familiar and a single one someone he had not met.

"I do not believe that we have met. I am Winterhymns Pendragon," He would take a seat curling his tail over his forepaws as he added having caught onto the others name "It is a pleasure to meet you, Sherbet." Letting out a soft sigh would he listen to the other continuing to speak, his mind distracting him for the most part yet hearing that the feline was ice cream made a nonexistent eyebrow raise up. Well, that was rather odd. It made Win rethink about his choice of desserts but that itself made a quiet chuckle leave him. The legate had no current questions to ask of the other so he chose to remain silent, his lavender kissed eyes settled onto the constellations that were above his head.

Re: stars above || sherbet: open || burning ice - DRAYDEN CIPHER. - 03-14-2021

[glow=white,1,400]I'LL RUN IN CIRCLES 'TILL I CRASH !, PALM GLADES, 8 MONTHS]。+゚.[/glow]
"Wait, actual ice cream?" Drayden's eyes widened in awe, his voice coming out high-pitched and fascinated. Clearly, he was definitely interested in the fact that Sherbet was a cat made from literal ice cream, and he reached a paw out to try and touch SHERBET's arm. He flicked his tail in greeting to Winterhymns, but his attention was practically completely focused on Sherbet for the time being. What could he say? This guy was neat![glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: stars above || sherbet: open || burning ice - SHERBET - 03-15-2021

Shifting a bit as Winterhymns joined the trio, Sherbet gave a soft smile, "Hullo, always nice to meet more people in the group." His eyes twinkled at the other's wonder as he felt a little glob of his pelt come off with the touch from [u]Drayden.[/u] With a chuckle, he rolled over onto his stomach, tucking his paws under without bothering any sand sticking to him, "I don't know how, but I am. I even have siblings who are similar. I have a litter somewhere that has my blood as well that has qualities of myself as well."

He swished his tail, the amount of interaction was killing his high, but he was fine with that after a few seconds of thought. He only wanted to numb the pain, but all the others here were doing better than he ever thought his weed could, 'And all they did was talk to me.'

Re: stars above || sherbet: open || burning ice - DRAYDEN CIPHER. - 03-17-2021

Drayden was blissfully unaware of the thought that plagued Sherbet, completely entranced by the fact that Sherbet's fur was ice cream. Startled by the fact that a glob came off when he touched it, but not when Sherbet shuffled about in the sand, Drayden shook his paw, trying to get some of Sherbet's fur off of him. "How do you do that?" He asked. "The-the... not getting everywhere in the sand thing."[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: stars above || sherbet: open || burning ice - SHERBET - 03-17-2021

[div style="margin: auto; background-color: #FF8A81; max-width: 600px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; color: black; padding: 6%; border-radius: 50px 0px 0px 0px; line-height: 17px;"][div style="background-image:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/84/41/c0/8441c02b4b391c6477a38664b188e6e1.gif); background-size: cover; background-position: center; height: 165px; width: 165px; border-radius: 100%; border: 4px #7FCEAF solid; float: left; margin-top: -47px; margin-left: -47px;"]

"It's harder in the summer when it gets really hot, cause it'll stick to everything unless I'm cool." Sherbet admitted, "I've never lived anywhere it got very hot, so I don't know how much I'd melt. I'm 85% sure I won't become a puddle, at least." Brushing some sand from his pelt, he hummed as he thought, "But, I can manage a kinda, almost solid form unless someone's body heat melts a little of my fur. When it's small amounts, it doesn't hurt, per se, but if someone clawed me or took a chunk, it would still hurt quite a bit. Small bits are just...an annoyance or like plucking a piece of hair or fur out. At least it does work like actual fur. So, that's a plus. I can somewhat relate to everyone else when it comes to fur problems." The tabby continued humming as he felt his pelt reform a bit where Drayden touched, mentally noting to groom later to rid himself sand and uneven patches of fur.

(/occ/ me: struggling trying to explain how sherbet's fur works in a realistic way alifgbaleigra)

Re: stars above || sherbet: open || burning ice - DRAYDEN CIPHER. - 03-18-2021

//I feel ya sdjuofijheuri

"That's so cool..." Drayden's words came out in a breathless whisper, his eyes still wide with wonder and awe. "You aren't from here, are you? Like, from this island?" Or planet, he supposed.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]