Beasts of Beyond
SEVEN | flower crowns - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: SEVEN | flower crowns (/showthread.php?tid=14057)

SEVEN | flower crowns - salem - 02-13-2021

[align=center]
♦ | SALEM
Quiet, vine-wrapped paws worked -- dark eyes narrowed in gentle concentration.  A small pattern of yellow 'ilimas slowly meeting in a careful circle.  While the small wildcat could not say where the inspiration originated, he found the repetitive action soothing.  The lack of complicated thought allowed his mind to drift, attempting to avoid the antsy thoughts of the day to come; of a budding hopes and ideas blooming.

The flowers themselves did little to aid in avoidance -- flowers were a staple of romantic holidays, but they were brightly colored and happy.  The kind of flowers he could picture in his sister's fur.  And her favorite; even if the thought did not initially occur to him.

Salem released a soft breath, setting a completed crown to the side, then starting another.  We spent it together last year.  Why not again?
I'll take my heart clean apart if it helps yours beat   salem / faemor / crewmate

Re: SEVEN | flower crowns - Keona. - 02-13-2021

[table][tr][td]
keona sibéal ní faoláin.
the typhoon.
the blind dealer.
information.
[/td][td]
[div style="max-width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #2a4971; text-align: left; padding-top: 8px; padding-left: 10px; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 13px;"]Idir brí is idir muir, Tá mé i dtiúin
Artistic hobbies.  The tiny wildcat had next to none.  Respected them.  Curious.  But never found the time.  Only truly dedicated to a pastime of reading.  A pastime that had grown to include Salem more often than not.  Content having a second heart and mind to share stories with.  A friend.

A friend the petite fae did not know enjoyed flower crafts.  Despite his ability to grow plants, it seemed limited to those that bloomed in autumn.  But there was a strong floral scent surrounding him now.  Keona's head fell to one side, pausing in her tracks.  "Aloha," she murmured, smiling softly.

Her pale hues blinked.  Coming to recognize the scent.  A tropical flower... Easy to locate on the arcipeligo.  'ilimas.  "What're you doing?" She did not hear crinkling paper.  So... Not pressing.  Weaving?  Into crowns then?
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: SEVEN | flower crowns - michael t. - 02-14-2021

YOU NEVER GAVE UP ON ME; WHY DON'T YOU?
I'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU SEE; WHY WON'T YOU?
Ilimas. Michael knew them well, and for a similar reason to why Salem was currently using them – although obviously without the romantic element. While he had never really worked with the small tropical flowers before, the dealer had been glad to do so when it came time to give a gift to Keona. He would've felt awful not giving her a gift for her birthday, so he was glad that Kian had been of some help on that particular front. Of course, the bobcat also knew full well what day was coming up – Valentine's Day. He had his own plans for the occasion, and it seemed as though Kian had some as well.

The thief couldn't help the faint playful smile that spread over his muzzle as he moved over, bordering on a smirk. While Keona may have been fairly oblivious to any feelings being thrown her way, Michael wasn't stupid. While he had been a little thick headed when it came to his own love life in the past, it was pretty clear who Salem was weaving the flowers for. However, he didn't want to make things too obvious, and ruin the journey that the pair obviously had to go through. So instead, the bobcat just sat down comfortably, saying with a little hum, "Hey there, Salem. You Weaving a crown for someone special?" Okay, that was admittedly cheeky, but he couldn't help it.
Reggan

Re: SEVEN | flower crowns - salem - 02-14-2021

[align=center]
♦ | SALEM
Salem nearly jumped out of his fur; too immersed in the patterns and uncertain thoughts to see either Keona, or Michael coming.  Unfortunately, an entire moment nearly past before the kodkod seemed to recognize any implications from the latter -- his dark eyes blinking in confusion.  "Well I was going to give one to ah... Keona...?"  If she wanted one; should've thought this through more.

His friend bore few accessories; despite the increase in crewmates bearing gifts of them.  She wore the necklace he gave her for last valentines day often enough to encourage him however.

"Really, I was just... Giving my paws something to do," he added, words fading off into a mumble.  His brother and sisters had more skill in conversation than Salem ever did.

Suddenly eager to move on, the wildcat rolled his shoulders back in a amiable, albeit sheepish shrug.  "I was gonna make a few more too; just for anyone.  Sometimes flowers are just nice... You know?"
I'll take my heart clean apart if it helps yours beat   salem / faemor / crewmate

Re: SEVEN | flower crowns - ROXANNE R. - 02-15-2021

Valentine's day was one of her favorite holidays, she smiler at the thought of it already having a few things planned out to do with Diya though the captain didn't get much time to let her thoughts flow when Salem, Keona, and Michael came into view making the draconic feline perk up immediately. She hesitated not wanting to possibly interrupt their current ongoing conversation but the draconid femme would approach regardless with a smile on her maw.

"Hello Keona, Salem, and Mikey." Roxanne said in a smooth voice though a mischievous twinkle in her eyes as she brushed up against Michael hitting his nose with the tip of her fluffy tail before setting her eyes on both her dealer and Salem, a toothy grin present "Those are quite lovely." She decided to say not wanting to tease Salem... Yet.

Re: SEVEN | flower crowns - VAYNE CIPHER-VANTAS. - 02-16-2021

[glow=white,1,400]LIKE WE FORGET WHO WE CAN TRUST !。+゚.[/glow]
Although flower crowns weren't something Vayne knew how to do, she certainly appreciated the beauty of them. She had her hobby too, with her seashell collecting. Oooh, maybe she could ask Salem to teach her how to weave things and she could make necklaces from them. Not today, though.

"Can I have one?" Vayne asked, her eyes sparkling as she watched Salem make the flower crown he was supposedly giving to Keona. "They're very pretty!"[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: SEVEN | flower crowns - Keona. - 02-17-2021

[table][tr][td]
keona sibéal ní faoláin.
the typhoon.
the blind dealer.
information.
[/td][td]
[div style="max-width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #2a4971; text-align: left; padding-top: 8px; padding-left: 10px; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 13px;"]Idir brí is idir muir, Tá mé i dtiúin
Ah.  She was correct.  Flower crowns.  A little pastime she had run into before.  Probably because it was relatively well-liked.  The tiny wildcat twitched her ear, bemused.  Michael had a teasing tone of voice, though she didn't see much cause.  Flower crowns weren't unusual.  And they were usually handed out very freely.

Of course, she'd forgotten about valentine's day.  Didn't pay much attention to a holiday oriented towards those... In love.  Salem had been the only one ever to spend one with her.  Spent the night talking about books.  The usual.  He did give her a present then too.  The necklace she wore.  Seashells shaped into an 'ilima flower.

Keona hummed softly, nodding her greetings as others spoke before focusing on Salem once more.  Hopefully this wasn't too much attention for her soft-spoken friend. 

"Mahalo." She gave Salem a soft smile.  Indeed, she didn't accessorize very often.  Didn't care to wear much on her body.  To keep track of trinkets and material things.  But flower crowns were temporary items, and handcrafted.  A token of someone's time and effort.
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI