Beasts of Beyond
I of The Storm / Music - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: I of The Storm / Music (/showthread.php?tid=13993)

I of The Storm / Music - SirDio - 02-05-2021

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound.
Just close your eyes, the sun is going down.

Yet another day in the tavern. Not that it wasn't bad, but he wanted to move into his own hut soon. Eltrous, Ellan rather, found that the tavern was a welcoming enough place for him to play music. He brought fourth a string instrument that appeared to be a guitar shrunken down. From his spot in a back corner of the tavern he picked at the strings, tuning them after having not used the instrument in a while. He hadnt played since.. well.. we don't talk about that.

Gently clearing his throat he started playing, mainly for himself as he played familiar chords. The Tavern, bustling, was too loud for anyone from afar to hear, but those closer seemed to quiet down as he played. Words found their way to his breath and he sang gently, unaware of company.

"Howling ghosts they reappear
In mountains that are stacked with fear
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart.

And as the world comes to an end
I'll be here to hold your hand
Cause you're my king and I'm your lionheart.""

[color=transparent]template by orion

Re: I of The Storm / Music - Keona. - 02-05-2021

[table][tr][td]
keona sibéal ní faoláin.
the typhoon.
the blind dealer.
information.
[/td][td]
[div style="width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #2a4971; text-align: left; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px; letter-spacing: 2px;"]Idir brí is idir muir, Tá mé i dtiúin
Music.  Music had been a steady constant.  As familiar as the rhythm of the ocean waves.  Ever present in her life.  Often in the form of her father, who sang shanties as he worked.  Who hummed on the way... To everywhere.  A habit she inherited, though she rarely lifted her voice loud enough for others to hear.

To hear music in the tavern was no surprise.  Something that happened from time to time.  Only natural.  But the tiny wildcat often found herself drifting towards the sound.  Her sensitive ears perked in attention.

Silently, Keona sat down.  Forgetting wherever she had been headed to originally.  Tail gently resting over her paws as a soft hum built in her chest to the tune of the music.  Familiar words.  Never raising over Eltrous' own voice.  At peace to listen.
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: I of The Storm / Music - michael t. - 02-08-2021

YOU NEVER GAVE UP ON ME; WHY DON'T YOU?
I'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU SEE; WHY WON'T YOU?
Music had never really been a major driving force in Michael's life, at least not in the way that it was in Keona's. However, that didn't mean that the dealer disliked music. Quite the opposite, actually. He loved sitting in his hut and listening to his favorite songs, especially when Trevor was there with him, the coyote laughing softly whenever Michael would raise his voice up to sing along. Some of the bobcat's most pleasant memories were set to a tune, and it was certainly a pleasant surprise to come across someone singing within the tavern.

Although the thief's visits to the tavern had become much less common as of late, Michael still enjoyed visiting for the occasional gambling game, or even just one or two drinks. This time when he stepped inside, however, he was greeted by the sight of Eltrous, playing a small string instrument while others listened on. Feeling a small smile come to his muzzle, the dealer made his way over to sit nearby, nodding his head in Keona's direction. Waiting until it seemed as though Eltrous paused in his playing, Michael spoke with a mischievous little smirk, "Hey there, new guy. You trying to audition to become the tavern's bard?" He certainly seemed like would fit the part.
Reggan

Re: I of The Storm / Music - SirDio - 02-11-2021

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound.
Just close your eyes, the sun is going down.

As his singing and music slowed to a stop he turned to look at Michael and Keona. Heat flushed under his cheek fur, for it had been a long while since he played before anyone. "I.. heh, I suppose so. It's nice to sing sometimes, and if there's no problem with it, I can definitely be the bard." Though he wouldn't sing such personal songs to the entirety of the Tavern. [color=#ffeb84]"I just need to figure out what else I can sing. Don't wish to bore anyone with the same song." He sighed gently, pulling out a book that had a few music notes on the cover.

[color=transparent]template by orion

Re: I of The Storm / Music - ROXANNE R. - 02-16-2021

Since when did the tavern need a bard? She was unsure but the singing was nice regardless, she never thought of breaking into song in front of several people. The thought alone made a soft laugh escape her, she could see her two dealers in the distance with Eltous being the one singing. Her ears twitching lightly at the sound of the other, a toothy grin on her maw as she spoke up "If there was a karaoke night and I wasn't invited, I'm going to be pretty mad." Her voice teasing as she stood next to Michael, her tail lashing to the sides in that moment only to say with an amused hum "You got a great voice, kiddo." There was a pause before she added "You definitely got balls to be singing in front of so many people, I'll give you that."