Beasts of Beyond
waiting for love [★] making supply baskets - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: waiting for love [★] making supply baskets (/showthread.php?tid=13865)

waiting for love [★] making supply baskets - Keona. - 01-20-2021

Keona Ní Faoláin — the blind dealer
[div style="width: 490px; font-size: 9pt; line-height: .1.1; color: #386bab; text-align: justify; font-family: palatino; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 2px;"][i]Idir brí is idir muir, Tá mé i dtiúin
More due to her stature than her eyes, the petite dealer rarely brought gifts to the other groups.  She fit inside most baskets herself.  But she was to gather volunteers to go with her anyway.  And it was an opportunity to visit her cousins in both Tanglewood and the Pitt.  And her father.

Flicking her tail, the tiny wildcat listened to the sound of movement as Natyli carried the baskets over.  Empty for now.  "We should put somethin' together for Tanglewood first."  Diya had emphasized their allies after all.

"Okay!" The draconic jaguar chirped, mitch-matched hues bright.  "HEY!" Keona nearly jumped, brows raising as the eager Roux abruptly raised her voice.  "Anyone wanna help put together some baskets for everyone who helped us in the raid?"

"We should focus on needs firs', like food an' any medical supplies we have to spare, but gifts are always nice too." The dealer added simply, pale hues focused in thought.  After everything with the Iron Forged, they probably shouldn't spare too many of their herbs.  Maybe bring seeds for the Pitt... Its cold there right now anyway...  "I'll need volunteers to come with me when I send them out, too."

"keona" "natyli"
come and fly away with me!
[align=right]Natyli Roux — the chimera

Re: waiting for love [★] making supply baskets - michael t. - 01-21-2021

YOU NEVER GAVE UP ON ME; WHY DON'T YOU?
I'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU SEE; WHY WON'T YOU?
Usually, Michael would avoid a task like this. Not because he had anything against the other groups – the majority of his bad blood with everyone save for the Coalition and Iron Forged was gone – but just because he didn't have the knowledge that others did. Prey was easy to figure out and pack away in a basket, but herbs? That was much more Roan's department. Unfortunately, the soothsayer was still mostly out of commission, having been told to remain in the temple until he felt ready to venture out again. His capture hadn't been as bad as some others – or so he said – but nobody was about to let him go pushing himself so soon, least of all Goldie, his now semi-constant companion. Thankfully, the young medic had taught his uncle just a bit more about herbs as of late – mainly for Goldie's sake, in the case of his and Rosemary's absence – and he felt like he knew a few basic things to send with.

Soft steps brought the bobcat over to where Keona and Natyli were, the male leaning down to place a few small pieces of jewelry in front of them. He awkwardly scuffed the ground, muttering, "I know you said to prioritize the important stuff first, but I don't think they'll mind a little gift like this, either." He then gestured with a paw towards the temple, briefly biting down on the inside of his cheek, "I'm not sure Roan and Rosemary will want to spare too many herbs right now, but Roan taught me a few basic supply herbs you could bring with. I can also go with, if you want." It wouldn't hurt to get out for a little bit, given recent events. Maybe taking a little roadtrip would allow him a brief reprieve from the pile of stress he had been feeling on his shoulders as of late.
Reggan

Re: waiting for love [★] making supply baskets - salem - 01-21-2021

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: georgia; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]SALEM | Dark eyes blinked, smiling softly as he spotted Keona and Natyli -- his step lighter at the thought of sending supplies and gifts to their friends.  Vine-wrapped paws quickly backtracked, as the small wildcat recalled he had some seeds he planned on planting for a personal garden.  They consisted of simple herbs, such as thyme and lavender, along with some flowers he wanted to try growing -- cosmos and sunflowers.  He could find more seeds at a later time; he did not mind giving them away for a good cause.

With a shier smile on his face, the melanistic feline bounded back across the sand with a small bag in tow; seed packages tucked within.  "These are just seeds but... They could be useful."

He shifted his weight from each paw, tail twitching behind him.  "I know you're going to Tangelwood but... Are you... Are you going to the Pitt too?  Since they helped...? I would like to come with you... To both, I mean.  If you are..."  He had yet to check in on the place that his brother called home.  He knew many still felt uneasy with the Pitt, but family meant more than popular opinion.

Re: waiting for love [★] making supply baskets - VAYNE CIPHER-VANTAS. - 01-22-2021

[glow=white,1,400]LIKE WE FORGET WHO WE CAN TRUST !。+゚.[/glow]
Oh, making gift baskets for their allies sounded fun! Vayne didn't really have any experience with the other groups, let alone Typhoon's allies, but she wanted to get out there a bit more. Overhearing what was going on, the little Cipher spawn went off and searched around for seashells and eventually brought a few back. "It's not... super important, but I brought seashells!" She squeaked out as she came closer to the group that was forming, gently placing the small bundle of shells she had down.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: waiting for love [★] making supply baskets - rhosmari - 01-22-2021

The woman was up high, soaring at a slow and sluggish pace and watching what was happening beneath her. She still didn't really understand what they were going on about. Baskets? Slowly she floated downwards, losing altitude so that she could pick up more of the conversation. When it became apparent what this was all about she had a bit more of a spark of interest in the whole ordeal. Supply baskets. That meant something had happened to this place and perhaps the many others that resided around this spit of land. With a large beat of sizable wings the barn owl would push down at a faster pace and rear back to land upon the ground. Though it was a bit unsettling to be on the ground like this she knew she was more or less going to still have an easy chance to escape from any danger. Her tail feathers brushed against the ground as she walked forward, metal claws clinking against the ground as she went to eye the beginnings of the supply baskets. She had nothing to give, she didn't see a reason why she would give anything to creature she didn't care about. They could make do on their own. After all the rest of them were putting in...well, what looked like mostly junk to her. With a roll of bronze red colored eyes the avian would step back.

She guessed she could wish them well or something. The journey would be long though if the creatures didn't come back she wouldn't feel sad over it. ''Perhaps you should bring more muscle than...just that.'' She motioned a wing to the child before looking back to the baskets. Though that was all the advice she was willing to give. A journey to other places could always invite danger but she had no inclination of going herself.

Re: waiting for love [★] making supply baskets - Keona. - 01-24-2021

[div style="width: 490px; font-size: 9pt; line-height: .1.1; color: #386bab; text-align: justify; font-family: palatino; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 2px;"][i]Idir brí is idir muir, Tá mé i dtiúin
It seemed to be mostly gifts so far.  Not the most practical, but it carried a message of appreciation.  Which was probably half the point of doing this sort of thing.  Keona hummed softly, nodding as Michael spoke about the medical supplies.  "Only what's okay to spare," she reiterated.  They had quite a few crewmates in recovery.  Even just some of the most basic herbs would probably be appreciated.

Her head turned on a swivel, ears flicking towards Salem's voice.  She offered him a small smile.  Reassuring.  "I am.  The seeds will probably be good -- I heard there's a cold front blowing through at the moment, so it'll be good to have something to grow when it passes.  You can come, Salem."

"Mahalo, Vayne.  'm sure they'll like them." A staple.  Keona liked seashells a great deal herself.  They made nice gifts.

"Those are pretty, Vayne!" Natyli beamed, beginning to shift everything into two separate groups.  Trying to keep it split even for the baskets.  Idly her ear twitched as Requiem spoke, looking a bit confused.

Between Keona, Michael, and Salem, the jaguar doubted there'd be any real trouble.  Muscle was hardly lacking.  All three of them were capable.  "I wouldn't be so quick to underestimate anyone," she pointed out, shrugging amiably.

"keona" "natyli"

Re: waiting for love [★] making supply baskets - michael t. - 01-25-2021

YOU NEVER GAVE UP ON ME; WHY DON'T YOU?
I'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU SEE; WHY WON'T YOU?
Michael was about to respond to Keona's words when Requiem approached, immediately making the thief's ears flatten down against his skull. The bobcat didn't like Requiem to begin with, but considering she was just completely ignoring his offer of help, he felt an extra rush of anger flow through him. He hissed in her direction, sharp claws digging into the sand beneath him as he spoke, "I know you aren't a fan of acknowledging any of The Typhoon members around you, flying skunk, but I did just offer to go along with them. Not to mention Salem as well, and of course Keona herself. Why don't you shut your damn trap before I stuff a rock in it?" A part of the dealer really wanted to use his earth elementals to shoot at her, considering she had no right to be on their territory, and she wasn't being helpful in the slightest. However, he held himself back, mainly for the sake of Keona and Natyli. He wasn't about to start a fight while the pair was just trying to gather things up to bring to others.

Instead, Michael turned his attention back to Keona and Natyli, a heavy sigh leaving him before he muttered, "Only what's okay to spare... yeah, that makes sense. Thankfully, I think we've still got a few things that we're stocked up on, even with that damn raid." He only really knew his information through his occasional visits to the temple as of late, intent on figuring out where Roan had disappeared off to. While he hadn't managed to find the soothsayer just yet, he had started to note the various herb stockpiles in the back. In spite of the Iron Forged's raid, there were still a few things that they had extras of, such as poppy seeds and bits of other painkiller herbs. He then said, shaking his head, "I'll be back in a minute, then." Shooting another withering glare in Requiem's direction, he then turned and headed off towards the temple, figuring maybe he could check for Roan while he was there. If neither of the medics were there, hopefully they wouldn't be too angry about him grabbing some things without asking.
Reggan

Re: waiting for love [★] making supply baskets - Simon F.M. - 01-29-2021

AND YOU'VE COME SO FAR, DON'T GIVE UP NOW
YOU GOTTA KEEP GOING, KEEP YOUR WITS ABOUT YOU
Diya has been making sure to do her rounds, checking in on everyone managing the tasks she had given them and offering assistance where she could. She would smile at the large group that had gathered, though she would pay no mind to the owl. She'd heard enough and didn't wish to start a fight. "have you decided who's accompanying the basket there?" she asked, glancing over what had been gathered already.

She was glad to see it all coming together and wondered what she could do to assist. She had a few small meager things she could throw in but, didnt know if there was already a set theme meant to be followed. "is there anything specific you'd like added in?"
Reggan

Re: waiting for love [★] making supply baskets - Keona. - 02-01-2021

Keona flicked her ears.  Disinterested in the response the owl had incited.  Encouraging more rage or discontent.  She had a task set before her.  She intended to see it to completion.  Thoughtfully, she inclined her head towards the sound of Diya's voice.  "Michael and Salem," she offered quietly, tail twitching.

"And me!" Natyli would cut in suddenly, grinning.  Salem's interest in the Pitt had reminded her... She wanted to check on someone.  "I'd like to go too."

Keona blinked at her, shoulders loose in a shrug.  Okay.  "'an Natyli.  You can come too though if you want to." She wasn't going to stop anyone from tagging along.  Four would probably do though, all things considered.  Didn't need to bring a massive party anywhere.

The tiny wildcat hummed softly.  Thinking on what was already brought.  No true theme in mind.  Just aid.  "If we have any food, maybe salted for lasting longer -- 'm sure that'd be appreciated."

"keona" "natyli"