Beasts of Beyond
YOU SAID FOREVER ; movie night - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Coalition of the Condemned (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: YOU SAID FOREVER ; movie night (/showthread.php?tid=13795)

YOU SAID FOREVER ; movie night - APOSTLE - 01-14-2021

EVEN THOUGH THE NEIGHBOURHOOD THINKS I'M TRASHY AND NO GOOD,
"If your feelings are still what they were last april, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed... I would have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul and I love... and love... and love you..." his voice breaks off, almost breathlessly as his yellow-green eyes gaze down at the book resting between his great paws. "And never wish to be parted from you from this day on." He sighs, eyes flicking up away from the yellowing pages of Chapters 57-58 of Pride & Prejudice.

He moves to pick up his pipe, discarded neatly on a cushion at his side, and lights a match- he grimaces as he does so, thinking of his mother's own fire manipulation and how he had been born without any such powers that he knew of- so he can light his pipe.

Yellow-green optics return to the book laying between his heavy paws as he pushes a bookmark into the crease and closes it, discarding it on the cushion his pipe (that he puffs on through all this) had once been situated upon. The tick of a clock- a watch he only wore when he was reading- greets his ears then, and the saber-tooth lion looks to his wrist, reminded of his other plans for the evening.

"Would you look at that. Half past four already." he hums, dragging himself to his paws and stretching, his shoulders popping and providing some relief for having been sat in the same position since twelve thirty-two, almost four hours ago. One of his paws moves to pry his watch from his wrist, and he discards that on the cushion with his book, too. Once again, his emerald greens flicker to track the movements of the NPC whose cave he'd invaded for privacy's sake. "I shall see myself out. I shan't intrude upon your privacy any longer." he mutters, tossing his great head as his short mane flies about his face.

At once he moves to the door, and for only a few moments he finds himself humming as he wanders the corridors alone until he finds a large log cabin, his own room, far enough away from the central part of the territory (where he found is often where all the drama happens) that there would hopefully be no interruptions for the rest of the evening and night. He pushes the door open swiftly and finds, not to his surprise, that there are a few NPCs already loitering within the sitting room; they'd been the ones to decorate for the Movie Night.

As he enters he commands in a low tone for one of the NPCs to man the door for the evening and subsequently for another NPC to put out some of the many oil lamps around the room, as well as the deer-horn chandelier. Of course they do so without question, it should be no surprise given his status within the Coalition.

As he seats himself upon a blue beanbag at his side he allows himself to view the room in full; his table (actually just a tree stump) is adorned with a red and white checkered, fabric table cloth and on top sits jugs of non-alcoholic drinks and various bottles sitting in two buckets of ice, as well as three large bowls of popcorn. The fireplace to the left of the room is lit for warmth, though it adds to the atmosphere. On the banister above him an NPC is sat with a hand crank projector ready for everyone else to come filing through.

He'll give them ten minutes, and if nobody shows up before then, he'll watch Dracula (1931) by himself.
I SUPPOSE IT COULD BE TRUE, BUT THERE ARE WORSE THINGS I COULD DO

Re: YOU SAID FOREVER ; movie night - ninazu - 01-27-2021

BURN
BRIGHT
“Ah, I see all the good seats are still available.” Ninazu strode in through the open door, nodded to Diego, and jumped on the most squishy seating he had available. “We’re not watching one of those movie adaptations of your favorite books, are we? Some of your favorite romances are—and I don’t mean to offend—a bit stuffy.” And too romantic to stomach right after the funeral.

After Stryker’s death, Ninazu found herself leaning heavily on her children for her mental clarity. Occasionally, this came in the form of bothering even the most introverted of the bunch. Romulus and Diego both acquired her studious personality, she supposed, even if she had eventually grown out of her introverted nature. So, naturally, when book-bound Diego hosted a ‘party’ of any sort, no matter the size and theme, she simply had to figure out what captured Diego’s attention enough to look away from a book.

The snow leopard sighed into her bean bag, raised a paw to her muzzle, and put on her best menace of a smile. Lopsided, too full of teeth, and far too sharp to be considered ‘maternal’ by any stretch of the word. She plucked a pillow off the floor, then another, and added them to her cozy little seat.

“Depending on how many show, I may just steal one entire popcorn for myself.” Ninazu chuckled to herself and glanced at Diego. Her grin widened as she privately considered that Diego, out of all his siblings… yes, he would be the one to host a movie night without any booze. But the fireplace? That was a distinctive, cozy touch she appreciated.
© MADI