Beasts of Beyond
Clutching a broken crown of fire - O; 'Death' and transformation - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Clutching a broken crown of fire - O; 'Death' and transformation (/showthread.php?tid=13726)

Clutching a broken crown of fire - O; 'Death' and transformation - SirDio - 01-07-2021

MEDUSA, THE FIRESTARTER
Her body ached as she pushed past the house she called home, pawprints scorched into the stone. With each breath came pain, with each pain came a silent laugh from her decaying mind. Finally at the breaking point. Shut up. To think, all it took was the death of your son to cause it! Shut up. I feel sorry for you, having to deal with me, but then again, It's Xhocoatl's fault. He killed me, after all.

"SHUT UP!" Her scream echoed throughout the forest, where she found herself at a small clearing. The heat became a stabbing pain in her chest and she fell. Stheno laughed in her ears, her mind, as it kept breaking. That fire grew higher and higher, brighter and brighter. The devil reached out to the fire with her bloodstained paws and that fire grew red.

Limbs stretched and contorted, fur and skin and scales falling away as though nothing. Body lengthened, face became more of a cat's own, gold and silver eyes becoming a striking blue. Fire warped around her body, leaving a new, powerful form. Leopard fur and Burmese python scales covered her new, larger body. Patches of white fur and scales flickered into form and she appeared to had grown in height and length, 3 feet tall and around 13 feet long including her tail. Cat-like face blinked, scaled jaw parting in a yawn, revealing a nasty combination of Snake and leopard teeth, new ears pinned back.

Her mind felt fresh, renewed. No laughter, no devil speaking in her head. Only her and her thoughts. Muddied memories of this place flooded in, paired with a familiar scent. Where was she? Her head turned to the back of the house. House? Yes, a house. What was her name again?

"Medusa. My.. my name is Medusa.." But where was she? Did she know these lands? Did she know the people who lived here?

"is this home..?" Her deep yet melodic voice rasped into the air, musical yet confused. She rounded the side of the house, eyeing the scorch marks. "Home? But.." She stared toward the beach, a familiar but unrecognizable pain in her heart. She blinked and looked down. "Home..?"

brief summary - a few hours after Sorbet's death, Medusa's mental stability rapidly declines while a sharp pain and heat rapidly increases to the point she feels as though she will die. Instead of death, her body is transformed into a Pied Burmese Python and Pied leopard hybrid. She is confused and disoriented, not quite sure where she is. She might attack whoever tries to confront her.
I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR AN ANSWER BUT I AIN'T FOUND ONE,
I'VE BEEN KNOWN TO TEAR SHIT UP AND GO OFF LIKE A GUN!
Reggan

Re: Clutching a broken crown of fire - O; 'Death' and transformation - RHINESTONE. - 01-11-2021

RHINESTONESTAR ❝ RHINE ❞ LEGATE
"TALKING" || "TELEPATHY"
Sorbet's death weighed heavily on Rhine's mind, just as it weighed heavily on the minds of everyone else. However, the legate knew, deep down, that Medusa would be the most heavily affected by his sudden loss of life. She had looked at him as if he were her own son, and Rhinestone knew how deeply he cared for his children. The thought of losing any of them... it was enough to drive a man – or woman – mad. Considering what Medusa had already been going through beforehand, with her nightmares and obvious mental distress, the serval had been trying his hardest to keep an eye on her. Unfortunately, things had a way of falling through the cracks when one was busy. And these days, Rhine was always busy, moving around his group and trying to hold everything together. They were thriving, but that meant that there was so much going on, all the time. Not only did the feline have to keep an eye on his primus, but he needed to keep an eye on everyone else, which meant that when Medusa began to fall apart... he hadn't been there.

The hybrid's scream echoing throughout the forest caused Rhinestone's head to snap up, black eyes widening in distress and worry. He was quick to rush towards her usual haunt, dark blue paws slipping on undergrowth and leaves as he ran towards where she was. By the time he arrived, however, there was someone completely different in her place. The sight of the new mutated form caused the legate to pause, but then he heard the words slipping from her mouth. It sounded like her voice, and her words... but she didn't sound as sure as usual. His worry only grew, and he moved closer slowly, voice gentle as he questioned, "Medusa...? That you...?" His head cocked to one side after that, his gaze dragging over the patches of white fur and newly colored scales. She certainly looked different, but... familiar, as well. At least she was still her usual vaguely reptile self. He sighed, sitting back on his haunches before he questioned further, "Did you... hit your head? You look different, but... you sound confused, too. You need me to get Vaas?" He wondered if she even knew who Vaas was, in this state. Did she know who he was?
[Image: jGD2qw5.gif]
tags + roleplayed by stilly + the palm glades

Re: Clutching a broken crown of fire - O; 'Death' and transformation - SirDio - 01-11-2021

MEDUSA, THE FIRESTARTER
Medusa's head swung toward Rhine as he spoke, a pang of familiarity in her head paired with a sharp pain. His voice.. His voice was familiar. The more she tried to understand, the worse the pain, the worse the pain, the more agitated she seemed to become.

A blue serval.. was he always a blue serval? No, he was once.. different. A russet colored cat. She snarled against the pain. His name. What was his name? She snarled again.

Who was Vaas? Another familiar name, another pain. Claws scrabbled at the stone flooring of the front yard. She squeezed her eyes shut as a fire flickered by her side. Serpentine but feline in posture it looked to Rhine although it had no eyes.

It seemed to get closer. Examining him. Studying him. After a moment it died out and she opened her eyes again. God, did her head hurt now.

"Who... Who are you..?"
I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR AN ANSWER BUT I AIN'T FOUND ONE,
I'VE BEEN KNOWN TO TEAR SHIT UP AND GO OFF LIKE A GUN!
Reggan

Re: Clutching a broken crown of fire - O; 'Death' and transformation - SirDio - 01-11-2021

Xhocoatl was next to rush up beside Rhine, dropping his mouse before he took a good look at the piebald hybrid. "Medusa? It's me.. Xhocoatl. I... do you remember me, at least?"

He watched her expression change, becoming softer. "I should have been here.. should have been there for you. Some shit friend I am.." Again her expression changed, squinting at Xho. Maybe she was trying to remember?

"Speech"