Beasts of Beyond
DIG THEM OUT | meeting 1/4 - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: DIG THEM OUT | meeting 1/4 (/showthread.php?tid=13691)

DIG THEM OUT | meeting 1/4 - gael - 01-04-2021

[align=center]
GAEL Ó BROIN
A small coat of melting snow had settled over the broken temple and the 'throne' beneath -- the shadow of the blizzard only days before. "Pittians, gather!"  The Ardent stood tall despite the strange weather, eager to get to work.

"Addressing this cold front and the blizzard," Gael began without pause, eyes cold -- straight to his primary concerns.  "I want everyone to be cautious of the canopy.  If we see more snow before the end of winter, it will likely settle up there for the most part but we all know how gravity works; it won't stay up there forever.  I want everyone to keep their eyes and ears open -- I don't want anyone caught in collapsing snow."

"We are the Pitt, we won't be put down by a change in weather." They were made of stronger stock than that -- adaptive and strong.  "I encourage hunting patrols to expand beyond the desert; feel free to take from the Coalition, especially.  They are likely still recovering from the raid and vulnerable.  They no longer hold the Typhoon or Tanglewood, which leaves Elysium to look towards."

Gael possessed no personal reason to care for the Elysites -- nor any to hate them.  "If we can gain a favor from the Elysites, all the better, but we have no reason to risk our lives for them save for dealing another blow to the Coalition."

"In lighter news; both [member=16747]Flame[/member] and [member=16195]Kold[/member] have completed their Blooding.  We welcome you both as full members of the Pitt -- well done.  It may take time to gather the supplies for a proper celebration, but I will see it done as soon as we are capable."

"Furthermore, [member=16195]Kold[/member], if you will accept the position, I wish to raise you to the rank of Marauder." Pride shone in his eyes then, his head inclining in respect.  Kold was dedicated and loyal; he felt confident she would do well.

"In the way of newcomers; we welcome [member=16681]DOMINOEFFECT V.[/member], [member=16344]TOBI.[/member] and the young [member=16951]SAINTKIT.[/member] as well as extend a welcome back to both [member=12555]T. ROUX[/member] and [member=1391]DANTE NORTHWEST.[/member]"

"As I said at the start, try your best to be cautious of the snow and canopy, and if there are no questions; this meeting is dismissed."

// tl;dr
— A blizzard just blew through due a sudden cold front!  Gael is encouraging everyone to be cautious; the jungle canopy might shelter them from further snowfall but if too much snow builds up it could fall through!
— Food will likely be more scarce due to the freak change -- hunting patrols are encouraged to look beyond the desert for food and even take from others, namely the Coalition who were just driven out of the Typhoon in this raid!
— Flame and Kold are hailed as full members of the Pitt for completing their Blooding rituals!
— Kold is promoted to Marauder; congrats!
— A warm welcome to Dominoeffect, Tobi, Saintkit and welcome back to Trygve and Dante!
"I AM A STONE" —-- gael ó broin / faerie / ardent / lamby

Re: DIG THEM OUT | meeting 1/4 - Kold - 01-04-2021

K O L D
How long did you think we could make it?
How far did you think we could take it?
We couldn't be bothered,
We didn't have time
To think
So far
Ahead

The Pittian gathered before the fallen temple with a small energetic pep in her step. Kiln had pushed themselves away from Kold and her body ever since the last raid. She felt a bit more emotional, more free. Sitting down by the front of the crowd, she listened.

The promotion was unexpected, but not something she would turn down easily. "Yes, we will gladly accept the promotion. Thank you, Gael." Yes, I will gladly accept the promotion. Thank you, dad. She wanted to break the habit of referring to herself as a plural being, now that Kiln left the scene. It would take a while, but it would happen.

"Speech"
Reggan

Re: DIG THEM OUT | meeting 1/4 - DANTE NORTHWEST. - 01-05-2021

[glow=white,1,400]WHAT PART OF LIVING SAYS YOU GOTTA DIE ?。+゚.[/glow]
God damn, this place was a wreck, huh? The cold weather bothered Dante and quite frankly, made him more irritated than usual. Although any other time, the hybrid would have been looking forward to a meeting, this month's meeting was something he was dreading, and he let out a groan when Gael's voice echoed through the town.

"Why don't we just get some fire elementalists to fuck with the snow?" Dante called out after Gael finished his announcements, his shark-like tail flicking against the ground, hinting at his unease with the blizzard. He took note of the other announcements of course, but since they didn't really pertain to him (other than the 'welcome back' message Gael gave), he made no comments on them. "Or hell, can't water people manipulate that shit? Why can't we just have them stay out there and make sure this shit doesn't bite us in the ass." Clearly, the hybrid didn't understand that elementalists, despite their abilities, couldn't exactly control the weather - but hey, it's the thought that counts, right? At least he's trying to help out somehow?[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: DIG THEM OUT | meeting 1/4 - Flame - 01-05-2021

Flame | 1 year
Grey Tabby | The Pitt

Flame was happy that she had done her blooding. She listened to the meeting after getting settled. She looked at Dante Northwest when he spoke. Flame wasn't really bother by the snow or cold, she actually was enjoy it. But she didn't say anything, just listened.

After a bit of looking at Dante, she turned her attention back to Gael. She was quiet for once and was actually paying attention. Flame seemed lost in thought about the Coalition, The Typhoon, and Tanglewood.

Re: DIG THEM OUT | meeting 1/4 - SAINTKIT. - 01-07-2021

[table][tr][td]
SAINTKIT
HARDLY KNOW HOW BAD IT GETS
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Honestly, the snow didn't annoy Saintkit so much as it struck a sense of fear into him. After his rather smoldering arrival, the child had never expected the desert to grow so chilled. Not only that, but when the actual blizzard had struck, he had just... frozen up. Unable to do anything but stare until he was pushed on by Aine and grabbed to be taken to safety. He was glad to be alive, but also ashamed of how he had reached, clearly able to remember the sense of horror that had run through him as the sky was bathed in white.

Upon arriving at the broken temple, Saint tried to push thoughts of the blizzard from his mind, at least for now. No reason to dwell on it, especially not when Gael was talking about important things. This was the first proper meeting that the little feline had been present for, but he was fairly sure he got the gist of it. When his name was called out alongside the other welcomes and those being welcomed back, he found a broad smile come to his muzzle. He called up, purple gaze gleaming, "Th-Thank you, Gael!" It felt a little odd to call an authority figure like Gael by his first name, but what else was Saint supposed to call him? Ardent alone didn't sound quite right, either.
GUESS I'LL JUST GO BACK TO BED┆PITT PUP. ━