Beasts of Beyond
on the coldest night of the year // gift giving - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Coalition of the Condemned (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: on the coldest night of the year // gift giving (/showthread.php?tid=13685)

on the coldest night of the year // gift giving - ninazu - 01-03-2021

BURN
BRIGHT
After the Coalition’s reformation of the earth itself, a deep snow covered the boreal forest from treetops to the forest floor. While their permanent homes had yet to be set up or decided upon, Ninazu had taken it upon herself to keep fires burning and shelters built in their temporary camp. The evergreens above them had been cleared of snow, the boulders had been cleared of snow, and several firepits dug for the various families and individuals within the Coalition.

“To celebrate the successful movement of the islands and reshaping Elysium’s mountains, gather around for New Year’s presents!” Ninazu called. She lounged atop a large boulder, cleared of snow, in front of a strong campfire. Her flaming tail-tip brushed against one present; she tapped it out with a hindpaw before it set the whole pile alight.

Wrapped in soft leathers and rabbit furs, the presents piled next to the lioness’s crossed paws in a lopsided, multi-leveled tower. She ran a pawpad over the bundle, tallying up the number for the last time, and nodded to herself. After all, wouldn’t it be quite embarrassing if she left an important one at home? She chuckled to herself at the thought and licked her teeth.

“If you’ve been waiting on delivering gifts yourself, now is a good time to bring and exchange them,” Ninazu added. She shrugged. The guru expected nothing for herself and nobody else to have prepared presents during the Coalition’s turbulent present, but perhaps someone had? Bonus points for effort, if so.
© MADI

Re: on the coldest night of the year // gift giving - rhosmari - 01-04-2021

Ugh, it had been exhausting moving the damn island. Shifting the water flow and forcing the ocean to listen to her was a taxing thing that had left her collapsed more times than she could count. And still she didn't think her energy had returned to her. Every muscle in her body screamed at her, pain shuttering down her frame. She needed to eat. The idea almost caused her to salivate but she pushed it aside as she walked through the snow from one of her walks to check out the place. At least this place had food and that was all that mattered. It was their's and no one else could tell them no. If they did she would be sure to spear them through their guts for it. Slowly her ears twitched as she heard her mother's words about something. She was a bit too far away to make it out so she slugged through the snow to get to the temporary camp.

Shaking herself as she got to more stable ground the curved woman would flick her tail and look up to her mother before she realized what was going on. Gifts hmm? Guessed it was a good time the for her crap to get given. She had been hiding these things for some time but she guessed it was time to roll them out. "I got some stuff. I'll be right back." Twisting the lioness of frosted paws would quickly make her way to her temp shelter, digging through stuff before she came back out with a wrapped ice box. No peeking and she would set it down before waiting to see who would start the gift exchanging.

Re: on the coldest night of the year // gift giving - SirDio - 01-06-2021

BRUTEI TSUNE
"Ahh shit, damn death made me forget about this" the demon groaned, laying in a makeshift bed in the temporary camp. He stood up, walking near Ninazu and flicking snow with his paws. "The only... 'gift' I have is my presence, and that isn't much of a gift to some."

He took a look to the forest. To think, he wouldn't have to deal with the heat of a tropical island! And snow seemed so pretty Now.
MORTAL KINGS ARE RULING CASTLES,
WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF FUN!
Reggan

Re: on the coldest night of the year // gift giving - ninazu - 01-06-2021

BURN
BRIGHT
The lioness nodded to the two as they appeared, glancing down at the gifts clustered around her paws. She identified Sojourn’s—her childrens’ gifts clustered to form their own pile—at once. Picking out a gift suitable to Brutei took more effort, less because of how much effort she’d put into the gift and more because of how the ice demon and her weren’t especially close. Would he like anything? And generic things like soaps or candles could mean she implied he needed to bathe more often.

She jumped down from the boulder, crunching the snow beneath her paws. As she grasped the two gifts in her jaws, the green flames swirling around her neck faded out, least she burn either by accident.

Ninazu walked to Sojourn, her grin flashing in her golden eyes even if her maw didn’t show it. She set the package, a small bundle wrapped in soft blue rabbit fur, in front of her daughter. When Sojourn opened it, the younger lioness would find a gold and turquoise necklace and a few other gold pieces within. They’d been taken from the Typhoon a few months prior, and Ninazu’d stashed them for this particular occasion, as she knew the majority of her children liked such things. “I hope you like them. At the very least, the fur would make a nice decoration.”

Next, she walked over to Brutei and dropped a chonk of a parcel in front of his paws. “Honestly, I wasn’t sure what you’d like.” Within the white rabbit fur, she’d included: a book of of Edgar Allen Poe’s collected poems, a small carving of his previous body, and a grey scarf.

[member=16709]SOJOURN[/member] [member=16137]Brutei Tsune[/member]
© MADI

Re: on the coldest night of the year // gift giving - SirDio - 01-09-2021

BRUTEI TSUNE
While he seemed to daze off for a small minute, the world returned to him when Ninazu dropped the parcel before him. "Ah - well, I'm sure I'll enjoy the gift." He purred gently before taking off the rabbit fur and setting it aside. Eyes traced over the carving and book, and he ran a claw gently over the book. "I'll have to read this." he smiled.

He looked over at the carving, tentatively picking it up and examining it further. "This... is very detailed. Thank you." He placed it on the book then felt the grey scarf.

"These are great gifts. Thank you, Ninazu."
MORTAL KINGS ARE RULING CASTLES,
WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF FUN!
Reggan