Beasts of Beyond
it would burn her as well - collapse - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: it would burn her as well - collapse (/showthread.php?tid=13618)

it would burn her as well - collapse - Ares - 12-31-2020

ARES
You're safe now, and safe may you stay.
For I have a prayer just for you.
informationplotting
Always moving. Always avoiding. Reading. Walking. Swimming. Never in one place, never at one time. Refusing to sleep. Eating and drinking bare minimum to keep herself going. A splitting headache, an aching back. Practically working herself to death.

The child, now of 5 months, had distanced herself from everyone she once knew. Aurum. Salvia. Elsweyr. Dazir. Recent events drove her away from all of them. She wasn't there for Aurums first meeting. Always moving. Always avoiding.

Body seemed at the limit, body shaking, panicking. Slow in movements and thoughts and emotions. She was dealt in, her body had to drop.

She was leaving the town when her legs bowed like twigs, staggering out of sight of the town. She found herself agaisnt a tree, and she struggled to keep herself up. Always moving. Had to keep moving.

No. Her small form collapsed and her vision was black. In her last conscious moments she remembered a few lines from a book she read. Something about a woman who had the longest hair and wanted to get rid of it.

'She decided to set her long hair on fire. In the end it would burn her as well.'
code by Reggan

Re: it would burn her as well - collapse - trojan g. - 12-31-2020

[align=left]there's a chip on my shoulder *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Always watching, it was Moth's motto. She knew from times past that there needed to be someone always watching the members of Tanglewood. There were too many times members got hurt, too many deaths from not being watched... too many alligator attacks. Moth had been one of the many to be attacked by alligators, and she could say, for a fact, that it hurt.

Luckily for Ares, her issue wasn't an alligator coming up to attack her, though what it was was something Moth couldn't quite tell for sure. She saw the younger member go walking out of town, and watched as they began to shake, and that was when the jaguar had decided she was going to get up to come forward, though it seemed as though she wouldn't be able to make it before the other had collapsed.

Chewing on her lip for just a moment - not too long, not even a second - the reaper of medicine soon got to work in moving around the other, quickly looking over her to make sure there was nothing immediately wrong, nothing that would immediately kill her if it wasn't fixed, and when she saw nothing, concern grew within Moth's mind. Prodding the other slightly with her paw in an attempt to get her to wake up, Moth would lean down, softly speaking, "Hello?" She would speak out, "Are you able to wake up, or hear me? You collapsed and I want to help you." If only she knew the other's name, it might make things a little bit easier.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  and it's big as a boulder

Re: it would burn her as well - collapse - Ares - 12-31-2020

ARES
You're safe now, and safe may you stay.
For I have a prayer just for you.
informationplotting
Just as she was about to dream, her mind reacted to a gentle prodding. Ares' eyes felt heavy as she forced them open, a quiet, but shaky, "what..?" coming from the child's mouth. Help? She collapsed? Her head was pounding, like sharp chisels were being bashed into her skull.

She tried to stand, to face Moth with an air of confidence, but her legs again shook and wobbled and she fell again, hitting her chin on the ground. "Ow..."
code by Reggan

Re: it would burn her as well - collapse - rhosmari - 01-02-2021

Worry had long since seeped into her mind since her new position. Was she sound? Was she stable? Was it right of her to have taken it? She hoped that she was right have done something like this. Her tail swayed back and forth and she had other worries too. For the children she had let stay within her home. Since the new beginning of Tanglewood she had not seen Ares. The child seemed almost elusive, all she could catch were small peeks of her. A tail here, a leg here, her eyes, and then she was gone. It worried her, the constant motion that she always seemed to be in but the woman hadn't been able to perceive her. She pushed her own worries away, those that pertained to herself and if she needed comfort she would find Moth, or Firefly to help her. But right now she needed to find Ares.

So she left her front porch and did not have to go far as she saw Moth. She was prodding at something and an intense fear swamped her. One she had never felt before as she saw the small figure laying limp there. Her chest squeezed and she quickly walked over to the area, gaze wide. The king cheetah felt smoke leave her nostrils, fire glimmering at the seams of her shaggy mane but she didn't care. It was here that she stared at the child. What could she do? She didn't know medicine like Moth did and she tried to swallow that fear, turning to look at Moth with vivid green eyes. "Is she okay? Will she be okay?" It was all she wanted really as she leaned down and attempted to drag her tongue across the top of her head.

Re: it would burn her as well - collapse - wormwood. - 01-04-2021

Re: it would burn her as well - collapse - trojan g. - 01-05-2021

[align=left]there's a chip on my shoulder *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
It was good that Ares was able to be awake and standing, if even for just a moment. It pained Moth to not know what, exactly, was going on, but she hoped that eventually she'd be able to figure it out. Whether that be in the next ten minutes or the next ten years she wasn't sure, but she'd figure out what was going on eventually. Using one of her large paws to reach forward towards Ares, the female would attempt to help the other up to a sitting position, offering her paw for stability. She would keep it there as long as she needed to as well to try and prevent Ares from falling over again if needed as well.

Ears swiveling in the direction of Elsweyr as she quickly came over, Moth would nod her head in response at first, glad her brother had answered the question for her, letting her work on thinking about what would be needed. "Ares," She would begin, looking down at the child for a moment, offering her words softly, "I need to know if you're in pain, I saw your legs move weird when you fell earlier, do they hurt at all?" She tried to keep the words simple as she used them so the other could understand what she was saying, unsure of the child's vocabulary up to this point.

Thinking of the different herbs she could need for this moment exactly, Moth turned to her brother at last. "I might need some daisy leaves, if you remember what those look like?" She had taught the lion what each herb that they had in the swamp looked like, though it was hard to remember them. Luckily the type of daisies they had in the swamp worked the same as the other daisies in the meadows, but they were something that she didn't often carry with her.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  and it's big as a boulder

Re: it would burn her as well - collapse - Ares - 01-05-2021

A R E S
They said "Be strong," they said, "Never be weak."
So I cut everyone off and isolated myself. I will never be weak.

The child sat up with Moth's help, head angled down to avoid the gazes of Els and Aurum. Gently she shook her head, "My legs don't hurt.. my head does.." She said quietly, attempting to roll a shoulder. "My back, too.."

The world threatened to swirl around her. "Tired.."

"Speech"
Reggan

Re: it would burn her as well - collapse - wormwood. - 01-09-2021