Beasts of Beyond
i want to feel like it's all or nothing // burning yule tree - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Coalition of the Condemned (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: i want to feel like it's all or nothing // burning yule tree (/showthread.php?tid=13596)

i want to feel like it's all or nothing // burning yule tree - ninazu - 12-29-2020

BURN
BRIGHT
“On this dark and cold night, gather below the Yule Tree for a fright!” The age-old words flicked off Ninazu’s forked tongue. The fire-maned lioness circled the Yule Tree, her claws unsheathed and sparks dripping off her mane and tail-tip.

Her tail caught on an angelic porcelain ornament, and it crashed to a heap between her paws. The lioness stepped over the shards, golden eyes narrowed.

“The winter solstice has come and gone, I’m afraid, but do not think I’ve forgotten one of most important traditions!” Ninazu roared. Her claws scored deep gashes in the Yule Log’s trunk; she glanced up at the teetering branches, then looked to the gathering crowd.

Ninazu’s green flames surged up the tree. Wherever a flame licked the bark, the brown bubbled into boiling black sores, and grey smoke fluttered to the sky. Sojourn’s ice shattered, raining droplets onto the crowd. Ornaments made of dried vegetation caught flame as easily as tinder, and the hungry fire thrashed and grew from their Now outside of her control, the inferno tinted yellow, then orange, and finally came back to a normal red. Green tinged the flames closest to the guru’s paws, and the lioness narrowed her gaze.

The decorations crackled and burned. Ninazu’s carved trinkets—family faces and immitations of sugary delights—popped and deformed. Brutei’s bandana caught aflame. Glass ornaments shivered, trembling as though possessed, and exploded. The dark smoke caught in Ninazu’s green flames wreathed around her neck, and the lioness inhaled the char with a fiendish grin.

The upright tree groaned, the trunk’s shape contorting, until it snapped in two and clattered to the ground. The fire roared, burning faster, greedily consuming the two log halves. The resulting bonfire could be seen for kilometers in either direction, a blight against the night.
© MADI

Re: i want to feel like it's all or nothing // burning yule tree - rhosmari - 01-04-2021

Could she say this was her favorite part? The burning of the Yule tree. It was something that was anticipated, had been done before. She personally enjoyed watching the tree burn and contort, turning black and sending smog into the air. Decorations that were once so pretty caught up into the blaze and becoming nothing but ash. Her own decorations would have a different fate though, they would melt and become steam and vapor. Droplets raining down before they too soon disappeared. Slowly the woman walked forward as she heard the popping and hissing if melting bark and tree flesh, eyes glued to the tree before it fell and caused a mighty chorus. It made her slightly jolt, a sense of fear at how large the fire had become. But she also knew they didn't have to worry about that. Licking her muzzle she would sit down just to watch. No words slipping from the closed maw of the ghoul as she tilted her head a bit. Tis the season for a new beginning as some would say and see was here for it.

Re: i want to feel like it's all or nothing // burning yule tree - SirDio - 01-05-2021

BRUTEI TSUNE
The demon stepped toward the crowd as the tree lit up, watching as his decoration died into the fire. It felt liberating, watching a piece of his old body die. He couldn't help the smile that stretched across his face, nor could he help the quiet him that he let out. Against the warmth of the fire he still felt cold.
MORTAL KINGS ARE RULING CASTLES,
WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF FUN!
Reggan