Beasts of Beyond
everything has changed | joiner - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: everything has changed | joiner (/showthread.php?tid=13546)

everything has changed | joiner - Lokisaurus - 12-22-2020

[glow=#000,1,400]FOR YOU, I'D BLEED MYSELF DRY, IT'S TRUE — 。+゚.[/glow]
Far too much time has passed since Pearlcatcher had been part of a group.  His years were starting to take a toll on his body, far too many years with far too many tragedies within them now weighing on his bones.  He now felt rickety, despite only really being middle-aged for a domestic tabby.  He felt old, overall.  Old and lonely.  It was time to find a home.

So he made his way to the Typhoon, the scent of many creatures filling his nostrils, their scents mixing with the oh-so-familiar stench of volcanic soil and humid jungle air.  It reminded him of the tribe, of Shaela.  He smiled to himself at the memory of his long-dead mate.  He missed her.  Maybe being in a similar territory would soothe the heartache he was so used to at this point.

He waited at the border, as he had done so many times before in other groups, and waited.

template credit to guppy

Re: everything has changed | joiner - michael t. - 12-23-2020

pills don't help, but it sure is funny!  ☆  ☆  ☆
MICHAEL TOWNLEY
THE TYPHOON
DEALER
For a while, Michael had believed that he never really needed a group. He didn't see the point of them, when the only two things he had once needed in life were Trevor at his side and something to steal. However, all of that had changed when he had joined The Typhoon. He had found a new sense of purpose, and family, and he hated to think that he could've easily ended up missing out on all of that. He still liked the same things he had when he had first joined – he was pretty sure stealing would always be high on his list, and one could argue he liked Trevor even more than when he had first joined. Simply put, however, it was a fact that Michael had changed a great deal. For the better, he liked to believe.

It wasn't every day that the bobcat actively went out to glance over the border, but Pearlcatcher just happened to be lucky enough to catch him on one of those days. Michael paused once he grew close, surprise and slightly put off by the unfamiliar scent that reached his nose. It certainly put him on edge, given recent events. Despite this, the dealer pressed forward, short legs moving until he was a few paces in front of the domestic feline. Sitting down, the jewelry covered thief questioned, "Hey there, welcome to Typhoon territory. Could I get your name and why you're here? If not, I might just have to run you out." It was clear from the small smirk on his muzzle that he was just joking, especially given his combat skills. Those, combined with his small size, made it difficult for him to run anyone out, even a domestic.
☆  ☆  ☆  gimme, gimme some of that vampire money, come on!
Reggan

Re: everything has changed | joiner - Lokisaurus - 12-23-2020

"Bah!  You wouldn't dare run me out, how do you know I'm not the most important man alive?"  A small smile played on Pearlcatcher's maw.  Perhaps at one time, he would've been serious about what he said.  Now, it was only a joke for the sake of comfort, to show the group-member that he meant no harm.

"Yes, I am looking to join.  My old bones would prefer a bed and some friends at night rather than the wide-open road.  My name is Pearlcatcher, pleasure to make your acquaintance."

template credit to guppy

Re: everything has changed | joiner - michael t. - 12-23-2020

"How could you be the most important man alive, if I'm here?" Michael said jokingly in response, a lighthearted smirk playing on his dark muzzle. Already, he had a feeling that he was going to like having this guy around. Gesturing with one limb back towards the main Typhoon town, the dealer launched into his usual introduction, "Well, if you're looking to join, then welcome to The Typhoon. My name is Michael Townley-Phillips, and I'm a dealer, one of the heads of the Blackjack Rats division here. It's nice to meet you too, and I can answer any questions you might have. Think your old bones would want a tour around, or do you want to explore on your own?" He wasn't one to give tours too often, but seeing as he had already come out to the border, it didn't seem like too much of a hassle.

Re: everything has changed | joiner - Lokisaurus - 12-24-2020

"A tour would do me just fine, youngster."  Pearlcatcher allowed himself to stretch and wiggle his toes and claws before he continued.  "You talk of divisions and dealers, 'minds me of an old group from here that I once led.  I was a dealer then.  Could you expand on your group's version of such things?

His days of running from group to group, selling and trading unsavory goods and services, came flooding back to him.  The tantalizing taste of catnip specifically lingered in his mind, though he knew of and probably sold much harder substances then.  Blackjack Rats division, the creature has said, implying other paths.  Perhaps Pearl would be able to choose where he would fit in.

template credit to guppy