Beasts of Beyond
BRAVE WERE THE OLD || THE LONGEST NIGHT - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: BRAVE WERE THE OLD || THE LONGEST NIGHT (/showthread.php?tid=13545)

BRAVE WERE THE OLD || THE LONGEST NIGHT - rhosmari - 12-22-2020

FIRE AND "BRYMSTONE"
He could feel it in his bones. Tonight was the night, wasn't it? The age old tradition at the dawn of a new age was upon them. They would soon be celebrating to remember their dead and bring in the new. Younger generations would get to hear the tales of those that came before them. Understand their might and their sorrow just as they too would be remembered. The new King made his way from his room, stalking down the stairs as he watched the metal decorations that chimed from the ceilings. Twisting and twirling, some making noises that were gentle but sounded forlorn in their song. This was not one of his favorite traditions personally and even now would hurt much worse than it had ever before. He forced himself to look unphased though as he dipped his head to Ironfolk that he passed by. It seemed that they were all waiting for him, his thick scorpion tail rattled and popped with the vertebrae that held the poison steeped stinger. He was ready.

As he passed out of the Iron Gates there were more Ironfolk here. Torches were lit to signify a path, food was laid out on preparation for the night and the sun was already hiding behind the horizon. His head tilted up and he sighed before he stood before them all. A pit had been made, lava slowly being funneled to the wood and once it connected it lit up like a massive beacon, fire dancing to reach the skies. "Tonight marks an important tradition for is. This night we will be a day of remembrance for those that have passed, the battles we have won and lost and more importantly the new generation that will follow us!  With the sound of the horns let us begin our Longest Night! Feast, sing, and be merry!" With a movement of his ear the horns sounded deep and shaking the very air.
AND I'M BACK TO MY WAYS, CAUSE I'M HEARTLESS
SEVEN YEARS I BEEN SWIMMING WITH THE SHARKS NOW

Re: BRAVE WERE THE OLD || THE LONGEST NIGHT - Lokisaurus - 01-02-2021

THE PINES WERE ROARING
renlys stormbringer . male . the iron forged . member
Renlys lifted his head to bellow out the loudest roar he could muster.  The Longest Night.  Back on the Peninsula of Storms, the Longest Night was a story told to hatchlings to scare them into staying in the Dragon's Roost in the royal keep.  Now, here in the fiery recesses of Mountains, Renlys was celebrating an event by the same name.

A few faces flashed in his mind.  His wife, his child, his father and grandfather, all lost to the sands of time, perhaps only alive in his memory.  Renlys could feel a sort of melancholy bubble up in his chest.  He was certainly not the last dragon on the mortal plane, but he certainly was the last of his lineage.  A sad fate, Renlys thought bitterly, for my family to die with me in a land not our own.

Quite unable to fully process the amount of emotion that had suddenly stirred up, the dragon swooped down from his perch upon the Iron Gate to alight next to his king.

"The Ironfolk shall dance as free as flames tonight, my lord."  Renlys rumbled conversationally.  "I have no doubt that a hundred swords will be lifted in your honor."
#psychosocial.

Re: BRAVE WERE THE OLD || THE LONGEST NIGHT - VALE - 01-02-2021

[align=center]
graphic gore ★ genderfluid ★ 3 eyed crow
The crow circled the chiming metal decorations, weaving among the noisiest of the bunch and chittering mimics. As Brymstone traversed down the firelit path, the crow quieted and grasped one of the dangling chimes, swinging from the metal chains. The little bird’s red eyes stared down at the Dragon King, listening but not quite comprehending.

Vale swooped down in a flurry of black feathers. Ve attempted to land on Brymstone’s shoulders; ve would fly off back to the wind chimes if brushed away.

“I’ll sing, but only if you do!” Vale giggled to verself, fluttering vis wings and teetering on vis perch. “But I do not have the voice for such things. Anyway.”

The crow tilted vis head at the red dragon, neck angling back as vis beck turned to the right. “Free as flames, you say? Might have to steal that line. Freedom and fire… they do go well together, eh, Renly?”
YOU NEVER TRUSTED ME ★
BUT I’M OVER IT NOW
[sub][W]isker[/sub]