Beasts of Beyond
a tasty treat never killed anyone // open - roasting marshmallows - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: a tasty treat never killed anyone // open - roasting marshmallows (/showthread.php?tid=13511)

a tasty treat never killed anyone // open - roasting marshmallows - VALE - 12-20-2020

[align=center]
graphic gore ★ genderfluid ★ white tiger
Under the sparkly night sky, Vale pranced around a massive bonfire. Literally. A massive bonfire. And, yes, Vale pranced. The tiger hopped, skipped, and giggled away into the night, puffing out flaming exhales to add a bit of umph every time ve completed three circles. Why three? Because it was Vale’s favorite number, of course!

The bandit poked one of the many sticks circling the bonfire. Each tip had a giant marshmallow at the end. No joke, the smallest one was probably about six centimeters wide. Why? Because Vale fucking loved marshmallows, duh. The merchant who’d given Vale the marshmallows was only happy to trade them away, and Vale already forgot what ve gave in exchange. Eh. Probably wasn’t important then, right? It was probably a skin or two Vale’d shed; those tended to pile up in the corner of vis living space.

Once the smallest marshmallows of the bunch (but, again, it was still bigger than one of Vale’s paws) became a wonderfully toasty, swollen golden sugar bomb, the tiger cackled to verself and plopped the marshmallow atop of a block of chocolate, plopped a spoonful of peanut butter on top, and drizzled caramel on the sweet monstrosity. It was! Just like Vale! Replace the rotting blood with fresh sugar, and that little delicacy could be the shapeshifter, in the flesh.

Then, of course, Vale took a bite right out of the thing. It was so delicious, the tiger sprouted wings! And that is literal! Black feathers rained down around the bandit. With an eye on the remaining treat, Vale licked the syrupy sugar off vis lips from the first bite.

“GET ‘EM WHILE THEY’RE RIPE!” Vale cackled. Vis tail flicked, flesh drip-dropping from the end and exposing the last vertebrae. “Don’t make me eat them all by myself! I will, but, you know, my stomach will hate me and probably end up outside my body, hahahaha, so don’t leave me to my fate!”
YOU NEVER TRUSTED ME ★
BUT I’M OVER IT NOW
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: a tasty treat never killed anyone // open - roasting marshmallows - SirDio - 12-20-2020

[table][tr][td]
[Image: Gojira+5.gif]
[/td][td]
THE BEAST
You never said 'I love you'~dark blue western dragon~Your eyes always lied~undiscerned age, presumably in the 65 million year range~honey the devil wears high heels~Sentient and Violent~Even if her lover dies~Attack in [color=#ffd700]Gold + Bold~Especially if his death is by her own hand~Speech in [color=#66cd00]Bold
[/td][/tr][/table]
Chernabog only experienced prancing and bonfires back on bald mountain, where her worshippers would dance and praise her. Taking a nightly flight caused her to catch sight of the fire and white tiger prancing around it, and she decided to investigate. Hearing the cackle, she let out her own rumbling laugh. Vale and vis jests and bonfires. She landed a bit away from the fire and stepped forward, sniffing the marshmallows. [color=#66cd00]"I.. what are these, actually? They smell rather sweet." She tilted her head, looking at the white tiger with a curious glow in her eyes.

[color=#66cd00]"Speech" [color=#336600]'Thoughts'

Re: a tasty treat never killed anyone // open - roasting marshmallows - rhosmari - 12-20-2020

FIRE AND "BRYMSTONE"
Looked like he was in the same boat as Chernabog on this one. He had been walking by when the massive bonfire had caught his attention considering massive fires were a driving force here. The skeletal being made his move, shifting and moving to come to a point where he could look respectfully around the dragon and toward the show that was happening before him. His eyes were fixated on their feathers and every time he saw Vale they were something different, something ever changing and evolving. The King was staring and he never had any real manners so he didn't see the harm in his rather intense watching of the other. Slowly he looked away and he thought about how he appeared. If only he could change his shape then he could be rid of this face, this tail. He could blink like them, change his expression like them and perhaps they would see him as normal. His thoughts became chaotic one more, the idea of changing himself to fit what others would like making a burning anger rise to the surface. Not here, not now. He forced it down and instead let out a cackling laugh as he sat down with the small gathering.

''I can agree with that question. I've never seen anything like this before and where did you even get it? I'm definitely not going to allow for you to eat all of it on your own, Vale.'' He lifted a paw, turning it slightly so that the metal claws that overlapped his normally thick and curved weapons were slightly turned away so that he could try one of the marshmallows. It was an odd sight to see too, this skull jaws opening and plopping the thing right in. Chewing it up they could all see the sticky strains that refused to get off his teeth and his tongue roped in the thick goop of sugar but it was obvious that Brym was enjoying the taste of it, chewing vigorously and shaking his head back and forth as if he was tearing off pieces of flesh.
AND I'M BACK TO MY WAYS, CAUSE I'M HEARTLESS
SEVEN YEARS I BEEN SWIMMING WITH THE SHARKS NOW

Re: a tasty treat never killed anyone // open - roasting marshmallows - VALE - 12-20-2020

[align=center]
graphic gore ★ genderfluid ★ white tiger
Red eyes gleaming, Vale looked up to watch Chernabog circle before her landing. The black wings shuttered and fluttered on vis back, almost of their own accord, as Brymstone came around the bonfire, as well. Vale could scream, this was already more fun than ve’d had in the Pitt when ve’d held a similar impromptu party. Black feathers gently fell through the air, and the flesh melted off vis tail until only the bones remained.

“My friends, you’ve never had S’mores?” Vale snorted and shook vis head and lashed vis bone tail, as though the two’d admitted they had never drunk water. “Why, they’re only my favorite treat in the whole fucking world!”

Ve held out the sugar-filled paw for her to sniff, if she’d like—if she chomped on it, whatever, ve could easily make another. “You can make ‘em anyway you like, though the usual form is with a toasted marshmallow and chocolate squished between two crackers.” Vale glanced down at the crackerless-oozing squish in vis paw, all gooey marshmallow and melted chocolate with rivers of caramel dripping to the dirt below. “As you can see, I heavily depart from the usual. You might like the variation where you burn the marshmallow!”

All the while, Brymstone’s gaze bore into Vale’s body like a radiation gun. Vale’d experienced gawkers before, but this was… different, and the shapeshifter instinctively knew Brymstone didn’t mean to offend, so no offense was taken. After Vale finished explaining marshmallows to Chernabog, the shapeshifter glanced at Brymstone and flicked vis bonetail—each pop of a bone turned the vertebrae into a ball-like construct, until the entire tail became scorpion-like, complete with sharpened bone at the last vertebrae.

Vale chomped another bite off vis marshmallow monstrosity—either the first one or one ve made after Chernabog ate the first one—and chuckled to Brymstone. “Oh, I traded a merchant. I believe she was in love with the… what’d she call it… rare and unique pelts I offered. Hahaha. Turns out when you shapeshift and leave the skin behind, people will actually pay you for that shit.”
YOU NEVER TRUSTED ME ★
BUT I’M OVER IT NOW
[sub][W]isker[/sub]