Beasts of Beyond
They don't know me, and that's fine - Sanctuary - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: They don't know me, and that's fine - Sanctuary (/showthread.php?tid=13483)

They don't know me, and that's fine - Sanctuary - SirDio - 12-17-2020

Long lost words whisper slowly to me.
I still can't find what keeps me here.
MAYE
TANGLEWOOD
TANGLER
Tender and quiet were the sounds of paws walking outside the town, ignoring the whispers and interested gazes by other tanglers. Frost dusted the ground as she inspected the trees and soils, making sure she could safely make a sanctuary there. Finding a quiet spot at the trees behind the town, she anchored herself down and began to expend her energy.

It was a slow start, vines slowly anchoring into trees and ground, making several open areas for others to retreat to, creating several bushels of colorful flowers, the occasional grapevine that would become fruitful during the warmer months, the gentle scent and appearance of lavender. She had just begun before the world seemed to spin before her.

She tried to steady herself, but already tired paws gave in and she fell with a soft grunt. Eyes drifted to the starting sanctuary, noting it's small size. 10 foot radius, but big enough to let her have space for a bed and maybe a dye-making area if she was willing.

Blackish purple blood dripped from her nose, falling to the ground where a small purple flower sprouted. Maye decided to stay there, eyes wide open as always, though now seeming to start to close.

"Speech"
When all this time I've been so hollow, inside.
I know you're still there.
Reggan

Re: They don't know me, and that's fine - Sanctuary - wormwood. - 12-20-2020

NOTHING BESIDE REMAINS — Aurum had an experience or two with overexerting himself as a result of his power use, but never in a case like this. Although he possessed earth elementals, he used his fire ones most often, finding that they responded more naturally to his commands and emotions. This meant that he often used his powers in battle, calling forth powerful flames to sear and wound his enemies, sometimes from the inside out. It certainly led to exhaustion afterwards, but he was usually able to sleep it off, immediately heading to his home once he had the chance and simply collapsing once inside. It seemed as though Maye had done something similar, although she evidently hadn't gotten as far as her home just yet – or perhaps she had, given what she had done with the area.

Looking around the sanctuary slowly, the lion found himself impressed with what Maye had done, even if she considered it to be small. He knew how exhausting using one's powers could really be, and even just a ten foot radius was quite a feat. Once he was done staring in wonder at what had sprouted around her, Aurum turned and moved closer to Maye, gently placing a paw on her shoulder before he spoke, "Maye...? Are you alright? Do you need me to get a medic for you?" He truthfully wasn't sure how much Moth would be able to do, however. Not only was Maye already undead and hard enough to heal, but power usage usually caused internal wounds, rather than external ones. — OF THE MAN WHO WAS BORN AND DIED A KING.

Re: They don't know me, and that's fine - Sanctuary - SirDio - 12-20-2020

Long lost words whisper slowly to me.
I still can't find what keeps me here.
MAYE
TANGLEWOOD
TANGLER
For a good moment she wasn't entirely in Tanglewood, more or less within the recesses of her memory, remembering when she was truly alive, truly in love, truly living. Life was good back then, when she had a loving husband and thoughts of starting a family. But before those memories could turn sour, she felt someone prod at her shoulder. Nearly closed eyes slowly widened and her pale hues moved to look at Aurum.

Groaning gently, She rolled and sat up a bit, giving the angel a small smile. "Oh, I should be.. okay. I'm not used to being undead is all." She shrugged, looking at the little purple flower that sprouted from the blood puddle. "I used to have so much energy.." She sighed, shaking her fur a bit.

"Speech"
When all this time I've been so hollow, inside.
I know you're still there.
Reggan