Beasts of Beyond
We're living in the fast lane -- O; Peg leg fixing - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: We're living in the fast lane -- O; Peg leg fixing (/showthread.php?tid=13446)

We're living in the fast lane -- O; Peg leg fixing - SirDio - 12-12-2020

The sound of clanging metal sounded from the forge, and the powerful Jaglion body could be spotted from a corner within the area, working on something. Her spike leg was removed, which proved to be somewhat difficult for her to stand, but she managed. DeadWonderland heaved a heavy sigh as she looked at her work. Her new leg was nearly finished. It sported new, intricate markings along it, shining as though lava had been caught in the grooves. Away from the forge, the shining would be gone.

She nodded to a few of the ironfolk who approached her, seemingly looking to help, which she promptly refused. With their leave, she began to fasten her spike leg into the hold on her leg, checking the specs. Everything seemed okay, but the spike itself was crooked. The jaglion rumbled in disappointment before going back to straightening it.

OF CANDY, AND JAM, AND ICE CREAM! [color=#ac778f]"Dead Speaking"

Re: We're living in the fast lane -- O; Peg leg fixing - mars. - 12-14-2020

Unwelcome may be his observation, staged rather late into the process but lingering as conclusion seemed well within grasp, minimal, if even present, his concern over such. Known the other only in manner that may fit her with the moniker of acquaintance, proximity gleaning only a trivial amount of information, yet his intrigue was peaked. Possibly breached her personal space in desire to widen horizons rather restricted as they were, comfortable his placement upon spiralling stairs for now.

No such doubt was apparent in those who deemed themself as worth her time, disturbed the smooth and familiar cycle. Polite the rebuff of each within turn, another always there to replace the departing, believed better their chances. Humourless the chuckle that pulled lips back as next fled with indignation barely subdued across visage, though short his observation of them as her work seemed to end. It never did, or at least seemed so. Practice made easy her fitting of the faux limb into placement, evident the cause of her annoyance as check came up with fault.

Pushed into action Dylluan made his own approach, brief the diversion of his attention, his own prosthetic was left beyond his reach, however, and he had no work he may pretend to be busy with. Rather than such craven tactics he approached so Dead may know his end goal, about her chosen forge circling. He bore no words of assistance, merely looked upon her work, traced the intricate lines carved into the metal.

"Rather pretty, might need to get my next one from you." The mirth lacking from before coloured his words as he lifted his eyes, mimicked the action with that which remained of his own lacking extremely, a few inches off the shoulder.
[table][tr][td]
[Image: k2x-Lnjom-CJal.gif]
[/td][td]
such a daring disguise, look me dead in the eyes and cry when every stare has you gasping for air. won't you tell me why you're here, there's blood in the bag leaking love isn't fair, you can crawl back from where you came because I don't hear you the same
[/td][/tr][/table]
code by Wisker

Re: We're living in the fast lane -- O; Peg leg fixing - rhosmari - 12-20-2020

FIRE AND "BRYMSTONE"
He didn't know what it was like to lose a body part. Nor did he truly understand the feeling of pain as it were but he never thought about it. He just thought it was normal to a certain degree. The feeling of a missing limb he almost equated as being the same in that regard. Or was it worse, did it hurt much more than any wound could ever? He sighed softly as he shook his body from where he had been watching, attempting to repair an old sword that had been given to him. It was just a patch job he had said he would do for them but he was also starting to wonder on something. He needed his ceremony done soon, to make things official. Shaking his head a bit he turned away from his small task to approach the two, metal claws scrapping gently against stone. Easy enough to tell that he was approaching and he allowed his gaze to rest on the both of them. Like a bobbing light prancing in shadows his gaze watched them but it was naturally hard to tell what he was thinking until he decided to open his mouth. And slowly his bones began to part on a thick tongue that moved to pronounce his words.

"I've always wondered if...it hurts? Especially when you have to take it off and put it back on or...has it healed all the way?" Perhaps he was being insensitive to both Dead and Dylluan considering they were both missing parts of themselves and he would assume they were both important parts. But to him it was more important to be alive and he wouldn't mind missing something if he could still go. If he could still move to keep pushing himself forward and to continue to prove himself and his self worth.
AND I'M BACK TO MY WAYS, CAUSE I'M HEARTLESS
SEVEN YEARS I BEEN SWIMMING WITH THE SHARKS NOW

Re: We're living in the fast lane -- O; Peg leg fixing - SirDio - 12-26-2020

The jaglion's eyes drifted to Dylluan, a smile peeking at her lips as he spoke. She chuckled, rolling her eyes. "You definitely can, you'll just have to pay." She worded cheekily, taking another look at the straightened peg leg. She was about to say something before Brymstone arrived, making her do a small double take of sorts with his words. But she smiled and looked to her missing leg. "It don't really hurt, actually. Sometimes I'll get phantom pains like my feetsie is still there, but those pass quickly."

OF CANDY, AND JAM, AND ICE CREAM! [color=#ac778f]"Dead Speaking"