Beasts of Beyond
CANDY TRAGEDY / joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: CANDY TRAGEDY / joining (/showthread.php?tid=13306)

CANDY TRAGEDY / joining - COSMIIX - 11-22-2020

Loneliness.

That's what the liger had felt after the monthly meeting and having spoken to Roan's family that day, he couldn't believe that he had already met them and the two if them were just acquaintances. He could remember the other talking about his home called the Typhoon and frankly, Paintbrush had been curious so he had asked several loners for directions and they had been kind enough to show him the way to the place called the Typhoon. He walked across the tracks only to feel the sand underneath his paws did both of his ears perk forward seeing where he was and stared at the gates in front of him. The striped brute would frown for a moment unsure of where his friend could possibly be though the scent of death lingered with the aroma of salt water. Paintbrush should probably gift the other flowers or possibly make the other a wreath of flowers, he didn't want to be rude but the smell bothered him to a large extent.

"Ah, there's a bell." Paintbrush mumbled under his breath as he took a few steps forward and rose to his hind legs only to stretch out one of his forepaws to push at the bell only to smile at the soft jingle that rang out. He took a few steps back and sat down curling his tail around his paws, he had already bandaged up his wound and all... He just wanted some company instead of living by himself and trying to start conversations with passing birds. Maybe it would be a good idea to set down some roots after his long trip, after all, Roan was here and he was familiar. He bit the inside of his right cheek feeling his face starting to heat up a bit and let out a soft breath "You're probably a pain in the ass already... He was just humoring you at the meeting." He whispered to himself as he glanced down at his paws for a moment. "Paintbrush Osiris, here to join!" He finally spoke out with a slow nod of his cranium, he hoped that same familiar face would come to greet him.

Re: CANDY TRAGEDY / joining - Keona. - 11-22-2020

[table][tr][td]
keona sibéal ní faoláin.
the typhoon.
the blind dealer.
information.
[/td][td]
[div style="width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #2a4971; text-align: left; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px; letter-spacing: 2px;"]Idir brí is idir muir, Tá mé i dtiúin
The petite fae perks her ears at the ringing bell, pale hues blinking as she quickly turned towards the sound.  Perhaps she should start patrolling the border daily given the intake of newcomers.

This newcomer seemed on top of matters, calling out their name and intentions without any prompting.  Keona inclined her head upwards, partially relieved to have a voice to track before having to say a word herself.  Paintbrush Osiris.  Artsy.

"Aloha," she offered quietly.  "Welcome to the Typhoon then. 'm Keona Ní Faoláin, a dealer here."
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: CANDY TRAGEDY / joining - roan ; - 11-23-2020

SOOTHSAYER ❝ ROAN ❞ THE TYPHOON
Of all those that Roan had expected to show up at the border, Paintbrush was very much not one of them. Not because the soothsayer disliked the other, or didn't want to see him. Rather, he had just expected the other to be comfortable where he was. He had seemed perfectly at peace with just wandering about and interacting with anyone that he came across. Roan had just happened to be one of those anyones that Paint had come across, although the feline's circumstances at the time hadn't exactly been great. He almost regretted how hostile he had been in their first few moments of interaction, but it wasn't as if that had been for no reason. He had been crash landed and alone, faced with a large and unfamiliar liger that could've just been looking for something - or someone - to eat. However, his impressions had changed when Paintbrush had spoken up, and he had to admit that he had been glad to see the other at the Monthly Meeting. Not that the medic would ever admit that, since it would mean getting closer to someone, which only ever brought trouble with it. He knew better, after already losing so many of the people in the past that he held so dear.

Roan had been in the temple when the ringing of the bell echoed across the territory, and the soothsayer hesitated before sighing and grabbing his bag of herbs. Slinging it over his shoulder, the zombified feline made his way towards the tracks, figuring he might as well say hello to whoever had decided to show up on their territory. Of course, when he heard Paintbrush's name getting called out through the air, he found himself pausing, blue eyes widening. He would've been lying if he said his steps hadn't sped up a bit, the male eventually coming up to stand beside Keona. It took a moment before Roan spoke up, stitched up tail twitching as he spoke, "Paintbrush... hey. I didn't think that you'd end up coming here..." Realizing that must've sounded a bit like he didn't want the other around, he hastily added on, "I'm glad you're here. I'm sure that you'll end up enjoying your time here. After all, it's my home, and... I don't really have any complaints." He offered a bit of an awkward smile, not sure why he felt so odd about all this. Paintbrush was his friend, so it was natural for him to feel happy the other was here, right?
DON'T ASK FOR HELP, YOU'RE ALL ALONE
YOU'LL HAVE TO ANSWER TO YOUR OWN PRESSURE!
Reggan

Re: CANDY TRAGEDY / joining - COSMIIX - 11-23-2020

Suddenly, a small feline approached him and she was minuscule in comparison to him though he refrained from making any rude comments about Keona's height as his striped tail lashed to the sides with both of his ears perked forward as he spoke with a small nod "It's a pleasure to meet you, Keona." His whiskers twitched as he offered a smile though it didn't take the larger male to realize that the small wildcat in front of him was blind though he made no comment about it. "A dealer, huh? What exactly do you do? I'm new to the whole jobs stuff in groups seeing as I lived in a small town with my family." He was genuinely curious and well, it would be nice to make some first good impressions... He hoped that Keona wouldn't mind his questions so he would add with a soft chuckle "If you don't mind me asking anyways," He rose to his paws letting his toes stretch out unable to help but love the feeling of warm sand underneath him, the smell of salt water was comforting to say the least and he couldn't help but imagine waking up every day here. Warm. "Kinda like a paradise," He mumbled out rather absentmindedly as he stood there though he snapped out of his thoughts when a familiar voice reached his ears.

The smell of death making him inwardly wince, he would have to get used to it eventually but he ignored it for now unable to help but smile wide when the other came over to greet him. He was about to answer but then the zombified feline had beat him to saying something first, he closed his jaws only to blink when it almost sounded like he might have been intruding though the other added in a rather hasty manner as if to make up for his first response to him being here. Paintbrush was silent for a few moments only to part his jaws to speak as he ducked his head slightly with embarrassment "Yeah, well, it gets rather lonely on that island... And it was boring... Especially when you aren't there for me to pick on for poor sailing skills," A mischievous smile was now on his maw as he snorted quietly as he lifted a paw to rub behind his neck awkwardly "It seems like a really nice place... A permanent vacation if you will just with pirates and... Pfft never mind," He dismissed whatever he was going to say next as he glanced around with half closed eyes.

Re: CANDY TRAGEDY / joining - roan ; - 11-28-2020

SOOTHSAYER ❝ ROAN ❞ THE TYPHOON
It seemed as though both Paintbrush and Roan were awkwardly stumbling through their interaction, despite the soothsayer's best efforts. However, the zombified feline simply couldn't help it. He was far from used to having close friends, and he was especially unused to having close friends that made him feel the way that Paint did. He couldn't exactly place what it was that made the other so different, but the effects were definitely there. The way that his heart quickened, and the way that his face seemed to heat up beneath his fur whenever the other was around. Perhaps if the medic was a bit more open and perceptive to his own emotions, he would've been able to process it all as being a crush on the liger. As things were, however, the tabby was simply unable to even consider that as a possibility. He had never had a crush on anyone before. He had never thought of anybody in that way, and he had certainly never envisioned himself in a relationship like the one his mama and Diya had. However, that didn't mean that things couldn't change.

Paintbrush's little jab about his sailing skills caused the heat in Roan's face to grow, a soft huff leaving the soothsayer before he spoke, "Listen, I'm just a bit sailing challenged. It's not as if it's a skill I've ever really needed to use before. I'm not the one who goes out and sails the seven seas, I'm the one who stays home and picks the flowers for when the sailor inevitably gets hurt." He spoke with such confidence in that moment, his chest faintly puffed out. He would not have his sailing skills in question, when he had a permanent rusty streak with them. When Paint then moved on to comparing The Typhoon to a "permanent vacation," Roan couldn't help the small bit of laughter that rose up from his throat. Shaking his head from side to side, the zombified tabby warned warmly, "Don't let any of the others hear you say that. They'll be sure to pile plenty of work on your shoulders to make sure you don't think of it that way again." Roan had never really thought of The Typhoon as a vacation, although that wasn't just because it had been his home since birth. It simply would've been impossible for him to picture it that way, considering how much work he did as a medic.
DON'T ASK FOR HELP, YOU'RE ALL ALONE
YOU'LL HAVE TO ANSWER TO YOUR OWN PRESSURE!
Reggan