Beasts of Beyond
somewhere at the bottom of the ocean || another nightmare || i am floating - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Coalition of the Condemned (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: somewhere at the bottom of the ocean || another nightmare || i am floating (/showthread.php?tid=13285)

somewhere at the bottom of the ocean || another nightmare || i am floating - kinglykingstone - 11-18-2020

I'LL HAVE YOUR HEART ON A PLATTER
Thick was the strife within the ailing guru as ghosts plagued his every waking moment, and every sleeping one on top of that. His nightmares hadn't let up, though they hadn't been nearly as destructful as the one many nights ago, when this began. The foliage on his back had been yet to heal and any new growth was shredded over night. His tail, normally thick and goopy, had thinned out and wasn't as nearly goopy as before.

Tonight though, the nightmares would ratchet upwards again, worse than before. Whines would leave the feline from his cave, panting as he trudged outside, once again seeming to search for something, claws digging up the dirt as he walked. Sleep only barely lingered as whispers surrounded him, perhaps able to be caught by one of keen hearing. 'coward.' cried the wind as the guru shook under the moon, heaving. 'down below.' it informed as he began to dig slowly. 'remember.' it pleaded as his eyes slid open and he collapsed, a whisper of the words dancing around him before he was met by silence.

He laid in the freshly turned soil for a moment, panting, as he screwed his eyes shut and whines. 'it will come.' promised the wind as he shook his head. 'remember. Remember. REMEMBER.' screamed the wind as it whipped around his shoulder, fronds and leaves from his own back flying into the air before drooping and slowly floating downwards as the wind abruptly cut out. He let out a pained whine as he felt something tug at the plants on his back, felt roots give way, and heard them thump against the ground. "you will remember" growled the wind into his ear, feeling the hot breath of some beast, but as his green eyes slid open, he was alone with no evidence of another being, were it not for the torn plants littered beside him.

He laid there, panting, on his side as green eyes stared at the stars above him.
YOU WERE NO FOOL, YOU WERE NO CHUMP
NOW ALL YOU'LL BE IS A SPEED BUMP
Reggan

Re: somewhere at the bottom of the ocean || another nightmare || i am floating - SirDio - 11-24-2020

Ezrakel Tsune - Male - Oriental Shorthair 
[Image: pEeXKGc.png]
Ghosts were something Ezrakel had experience with, even if it was only one ghost and that ghost happened to be his brother. Often he was kept awake, eyes staring at the wall across from him in his home, the words of his brother echoing like raucous bells in his ears. Tonight was one of those nights. And as he stood up and pushed his way from his home, he noticed Chaz in the distance, panting and just staring at the sky. With a tilt of his head, he started for the Guru.

"You okay?" He whispered gently, noticing the torn plants. "Something attack you or something?" He sat down next to the margay, tail placed tentatively on his shoulder.

Re: somewhere at the bottom of the ocean || another nightmare || i am floating - kinglykingstone - 12-01-2020

The guru's panting slowed as he managed to center himself, green eyes landing on the oriental. A gentle brush against his shoulder caused him to shudder, huffing lightly. He shook his head, pushing himself up into a sitting position. "Nothin but mah own mind..." drawled the margay, looking towards Ezrakel. Curiosity flooded the Guru as he attempted to push past the awful nightmare he had gone through. "What had ya up so late? The moon ain't a common companion for most/"
Reggan

Re: somewhere at the bottom of the ocean || another nightmare || i am floating - SirDio - 12-02-2020

Ezrakel Tsune - Male - Oriental Shorthair 
[Image: pEeXKGc.png]
His eyes settled on the Guru as he sat up, a hum coming from the oriental. At Chaz's question, he shrugged, "Couldn't sleep. I'm used to it by now." he looked at the moon, "not sure if I would call the moon a companion of mine.. More like an ever present watcher." Just like his brother. Ezrakel swore up and down that his brother was watching him. What else would cause that feeling of being watched, even during the day?

Re: somewhere at the bottom of the ocean || another nightmare || i am floating - kinglykingstone - 12-02-2020

The guru rolled his shoulders, wincing at the pain as he did so. The pain made him feel nautious, as he felt the gaps where plants should be taking root. He nods as the other mentions being unable to sleep, turning his eyes from the moon to the other. "If you'd like, ah have got 'erbs that can help ya with sleepin'" he offered, gesturing to the den he had crawled from, where he kept his stocks.

At the other's comment about the moon, he shook his head, gaze returning to the brilliant light in the sky. "Is ah watcher not a companion, as they do remain near?" he questioned, eyes momentarily skating to the shadows surrounding shadows before resting on the oriental. "Ah know watchers, the moons grace is nowhere near as malicious" he comments, his gaze falling the the ground. "She offers protection, friend, shining light on an otherwise dark path."
Reggan