Beasts of Beyond
lock it up - [COTC INVITE] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: lock it up - [COTC INVITE] (/showthread.php?tid=13221)

lock it up - [COTC INVITE] - Stryker - 11-09-2020

Another day, another damn group to deal with. Instead of coming in person this time, the Kingpin sent a red parrot across the neutral grounds with a vibrant, blue bow around it's neck and a note entangled in the ribbon's knot. After unrolling the scroll, the Palmclan warriors would come to find a message within it:

'Palmclan,

Time to unsheathe your claws and trudge on over to the swamp shitshow. Claim your prey, rest up, whatever you want. I don't like the snow either? It's too cold and I blend into the white aspects too much... Anyways, I'm rambling. Come soon. Will ya? I'm getting lonely over here. The Tanglewood idiots keep screaming and getting themselves hurt after revolts.

Cya soon,
Stryker

The Kingpin made sure to don his note with his own flare so they would know it was him. At the bottom, he provided a large pawprint and a very badly drawn sketch using the dyes from his island.

[Image: 0idzEv5.png]

Thread here!

Re: lock it up - [COTC INVITE] - METEOR - 11-10-2020

Quasar’s belly rumbled loud enough to tremble his toes. He squinted down at the letter and reread it for the third time. Stryker’s rambling and his gnawing hunger prevented him from fully understanding the whole thing, but the vaporwave mess understood the gist.

“Hey, PalmClanners!” he shouted. His three tails wagged behind him as he lifted his head. “The forked tongue asslicker kept his word! We’re hunting on the Tanglewoods!”

Now, Quasar grinned at that. The apprentice, quite honestly, never heard of the Tanglewoods before and assumed it was the general name for a patch of land—presumably, woods with lots of tangled up undergrowth. The garish pastel rainbow had no idea a group actually lived there, nevermind that Tanglewoods was their name, rather than the general stretch of forest.
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: lock it up - [COTC INVITE] - rhosmari - 11-10-2020

Truth be told he was uncertain about this. Uncertain about the raids they were supposed to be helping in and even more so invading other places that were home to other animals. He was not the fighting type,  and that was rather clear considering well...just look at him. He didn't know how to fight and he tried to barter and talk his way out of any situation that could potentially get him hurt. So the news that they would be going through with taking food from others hit his ears he was emotionally torn. What had they done to them? Had these Tanglewood creatures harmed Palmclan in some way? He didn't know but he was hesitant all the same. Standing nearby the large maine coon would watch with his tail curled against his side.The prospect of getting a good meal and staying someplace warm was very alluring and he felt the twisting of his gut. But still his conscious was nagging at him and he sighed sharply before waiting to see if anyone else would go. Maybe he could possibly sneak off.

[sup]template made by tikki[/sup]

Re: lock it up - [COTC INVITE] - RHINESTONE. - 11-11-2020

LEADER ❝ RHINE ❞ PALMCLAN
It seemed as though Stryker had kept up his end of the bargain, not that Rhine had particularly expected him not to. The lion was clearly a conniving bastard, but he was also a bastard who knew what was best for him, and Palmclan's help was best, at least for the moment. The prospect of new hunting grounds was hopelessly tantalizing, especially considering more and more of their prey was now fleeing underground. It was because of this that the leader had a sly smile on his face, chuckling as he inspected the note. He turned to Quasar and Dovah, stating firmly, "Good, he kept his end of the deal... remember, we're only going there to hunt. I have no reason to want to see the Tanglewood members hurt, but we need prey. So feel free to come along, if you want to." He wasn't doing this in order to hurt Tanglewood, or cause them distress. Rather, he had made the deal because Palmclan needed the food, and things just worked out for them. So, with a flick of his tail, the feline then made his way in the direction of Tanglewood, eager to get his claws on something good – even through his sickness.
NEVER OPENED MYSELF THIS WAY
LIFE IS OURS, WE LIVE IT OUR WAY
Reggan

Re: lock it up - [COTC INVITE] - VASS . - 11-11-2020

Vaas didn't need to read the note. His apprentice's words were loud enough, tanglewood the name tasted familiar, even on the edge of the Collation it felt bitter in his mouth. What a gnarly piece of land it must be to get the name. He knew nothing of a place such as this- maybe it was were the collation drew up their own homes, in a swamp. Vaas wouldn't be surprised.

There was weariness in his eyes, but a snarl filtered onto his face as he took his own trun to read the note. "Don't think it's wise we sent anyone alone there. Rey?" the tail end of the comment was directed at rhinestone. the tiger's natural awareness of the presence cutting into his sense: it shouldn't but there was a clear dismissal of the leader if he ever saw one, the ex-boss was quick to catch up to him. Dark jade eyes noting the set in his stance.

For a moment, vaas allowed the quiet. There was need, and taking from another clan- from tanglewood would cut them away from the clan that had once taken home there, but if they really were that weak, to be controlled by that bastardizing lion well- either that lion had a lot more than just talk, or the tanglewoods themselves were not as grand, or as plentiful.
[table][tr][td]
[Image: a.gif]
[/td][td]
"take me into your heart , accept me as your savior nail me to the fucking cross and let me be reborn" — an antagonist with a silver tongue , a pirate with nothing to loose and everything to gain .  vaas montenegro ; he who lives to fight demons should be weary he himself does not become one ." it's not like i am fucking crazy — "
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: lock it up - [COTC INVITE] - number nine. - 11-11-2020

The deal with the Coalition... Number Nine couldn't deny that he was uneasy about it. Stryker had a silver tongue, and he certainly offered good things for Palmclan, but the jaguar also didn't want them falling into some kind of trap. So, as he made his way over at Quasar's call, Nine couldn't help the slightly grim expression that was set on his face. Upon hearing Vaas, he snorted just a bit at the other's words, nodding before he rumbled, "You're probably right... we don't want anyone getting outnumbered, or something happening." However, Nine found that he was reluctant to go, himself. Tanglewood did represent prime hunting, but they also hadn't done anything to earn his ire. They hadn't harmed anyone that he knew of, nor were they a group involved with any one of his bounties. The bounty hunter also knew, however, that he had pledged himself to Palmclan. He was no longer beholden to just the jobs that he took, or himself and his husband. He was also a part of the clan as a whole, which meant that he had to be able to contribute. With this in mind, Nine briefly bit down on the inside of his cheek, thoughtful, before muttering, "Maybe I'll go, too..." Maybe he wouldn't. Only time would truly be able to tell, and Number Nine knew it.
HELLBENT ON MAKING YOU LOVE ME TOO