Beasts of Beyond
FALL INTO THE HANDS OF SORROW -- Open - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: FALL INTO THE HANDS OF SORROW -- Open (/showthread.php?tid=13131)

FALL INTO THE HANDS OF SORROW -- Open - SirDio - 10-31-2020

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ — Thaw. A small rise in the general temperature. It was enough for Medusa to move. She had begun to clear out the snow from the path, thinking. Starclan: the group of divine spirits of Palmclan. Dead ancestors. They were looked to for guidance, for hope. But where were they now? Lives were at risk - hardly any food within the forest. The ocean was definitely freezing now; any cat unfortunate to fall into it would get hypothermia.  How were the cats doing? How was Rhine? Vaas? Quasar? Everyone seemed distant now. Physically and emotionally.

Tired, the hybrid climbed her way to the top of the house, facing the sun, the sky, where stars were outshone. Anger boiled inside her, anger at the stars. "Where are you? Are you not supposed to guide them? Guide me? Are you not supposed to help?" Her voice became louder and louder until it was a ripping scream. "WHERE ARE YOU, STARCLAN. PALMCLAN NEEDS YOU. ARE YOU HIDING? WHY? DO YOU DARE TURN YOUR BACKS ON THE ONLY GROUP ON THIS ISLAND WHO BELIEVES AND TRUSTS IN YOU? THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG!"

She slumped a bit, but rose her head again to meet the sun. "IF THAT IS THE CASE, I HAVE ONLY ONE THING TO SAY! I SAY FUCK YOUR 'GUIDANCE', WHATEVER THE FUCK THAT IS. YOU'RE A BUNCH OF DEAD, MAD CATS WHO DARE SUADE PALMCLAN BASED ON YOU! YOU! YOU AND YOUR FLAWED EXISTANCE! YOUR FLAWED FUCKING DESIGN! YOU HOLD NO POWER OVER THIS FUCKING WORLD IF YOU CANNOT HELP THE CLAN THAT HAS PUT IT'S FUCKING FAITH ON YOU. In you- WHATEVER. THINK WHAT YOU FUCKING WANT. YOU CAN'T DO ANY-FUCKING-THING TO STOP ME." She heaved heavy breaths, letting out one last wordless scream into the forest.

[color=#0C7805]"Speech"

Re: FALL INTO THE HANDS OF SORROW -- Open - RHINESTONE. - 11-01-2020

LEADER ❝ RHINE ❞ PALMCLAN
Rage was an emotion not often felt by Rhinestone, although not for lack of want. He often felt anger bubbling under the surface of his skin, especially after events like the hurricane, or the recent vicious blizzard that had hit them. However, he often kept these emotions strictly to himself. What kind of leader would he be, if he let his emotions get the best of him, and ultimately control him? So, even in the face of everything that was going on, Rhine was attempting to remain calm. If he broke apart, and he let everything out, there was no guarantee he could put it all back together again. Just the thought of that terrified him, especially after all the work that he had already put into making sure that they were strong, and ready for something like this. The storm had been unexpectedly vicious, yes, but the tom was hardly the type to give up. So, even as prey began to flee underground and the waters began to freeze over, he refused to back down. Refused to give in.

That being said... hearing Medusa's screamed out words was a release. Even if Rhinestone didn't want her to be in such anguish, he did agree with her. Starclan had done nothing to help them, and he still hadn't heard from them, even after this latest hardship. It was enough to drive a man mad, and the ruddy tom silently wished he could've been screaming right alongside the hybrid. Despite this, he instead opted to keep himself quiet, making his way towards Medusa with quite a bit of effort. Unlike some within the group, he couldn't just fly over, which meant a rather long trek through plenty of snow – difficult for a tom so used to warmth and safety. He made it all the same, however, staring up at Medusa for a moment before he eventually spoke, "Medusa... please. Take a deep breath. I don't want you hurting yourself from screaming, or slipping down from up there. We can't afford any injuries right now..." He didn't say anything regarding her words for the moment, but his eyes said enough. His gaze was full of sympathy and hurt, pale eyes briefly drifting up towards the traitorous stars above.
NEVER OPENED MYSELF THIS WAY
LIFE IS OURS, WE LIVE IT OUR WAY
Reggan

Re: FALL INTO THE HANDS OF SORROW -- Open - SirDio - 11-01-2020

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ — It seemed all that energy that had risen with her anger toward the stars vanished - she sat slumped, breathing heavily. But her eyes spoke so much more than tiredness. There was anger, rage, fury, so many negative emotions churned into one. With Rhine's words, she slowly turned to look, eyes burning bright. She lept down from where she stood, landing near Rhine. The fur on her back had puffed out to the point it looked as though she had a mohawk. She forced a smile - he seemed to be doing okay. "Yeah, you're right. No sense in injuring myself right now. Herbs seem to have gotten cold-shock and refuse to grow." She didn't mark the point about her thalassophobia, though it certainly had a say in where she'd go for herbs or medical needs.

[color=#0C7805]"Really gotta get mad sometimes, though. This persecution hits me too hard to not yell or even scream. Their silence does no one any good."

[color=#0C7805]"Speech"

Re: FALL INTO THE HANDS OF SORROW -- Open - RHINESTONE. - 11-04-2020

LEADER ❝ RHINE ❞ PALMCLAN
Ultimately, Rhinestone knew that Medusa was right. There was a sort of infuriating calm that had fallen over the territory since the snow storm, which definitely didn't fit with the churning thoughts inside his mind. While they sat down here in chaos, barely managing to hold themselves together as their territory laid in snowy shambles, Starclan remained eerily silent. They offered no sign of help, or hurt, although Rhine couldn't help but feel as though they had made their feelings heard. After all, which so much misfortune falling atop their heads as of late... Starclan had to be angry with them, right?

For the moment, the tom just shook that thought off, a strained little sigh leaving him. He needed to remember to remain within the moment. If he didn't, then he would end up losing himself to the sense of despair that lingered at the edge of everything these days. He responded to Medusa with a light chuckle, returning the hybrid's tired smile, "Yeah... herbs aren't the only thing a bit cold-shocked right now. But... I understand what you're saying. I was taught my entire life to put my faith in Starclan, and to know that they would always help Palmclan in a time of need, but... it definitely doesn't feel like that these days." He then looked up at the sky above, wondering if anyone was listening to their conversation. Were those cats within the clouds laughing at he and Medusa right now? Or were they scrambling to help, just not able to do anything right this moment? He couldn't help but desperately pray it was the latter.
NEVER OPENED MYSELF THIS WAY
LIFE IS OURS, WE LIVE IT OUR WAY
Reggan