Beasts of Beyond
YOUNG AND SWEET ☆ paintbrush - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Neutral Grounds (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Forum: Private Rendezvous (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: YOUNG AND SWEET ☆ paintbrush (/showthread.php?tid=13049)

YOUNG AND SWEET ☆ paintbrush - roan ; - 10-22-2020

SOOTHSAYER ❝ ROAN ❞ THE TYPHOON
The sea. Roan had never been a huge fan of it, despite the group that he was a part of. He knew that many within The Typhoon felt a profound connection with the ocean, but the soothsayer had just never been all that enchanted with it. He saw it more as a resource, rather than something he felt a deep spiritual connection with. Thus, he didn't often find himself out on open waters, not unless he had something he really wanted to do. This time, what had drawn him out had been fish. He could've just gone and asked for some fish at the tavern, but he had always preferred hunting his own prey, and freshly caught fish really were just the best thing to sink his teeth into. So, he had taken one of the smaller boats from the dock – with permission, of course – and had gone out to sea, intent on bringing back a few fish for himself, as well as others. All hadn't gone to plan, however. The waters had been a bit more rough than he had expected, tossing his boat around like a ragdoll and slamming him from side to side. Unable to escape in time, Roan had simply felt his head slam into the wooden side of the small boat before all went dark.

When he awoke next, the soothsayer found himself somewhere different, and distinctly smelling of something not Typhoon. He slowly pushed himself into a sitting position, rubbing at his skull and cursing the dull ache that ran all throughout his body. He could see the remains of his boat beginning to wash ashore, split into pieces and definitely not ready for anymore sailing. Letting out a frustrated noise, Roan took a few minutes to check himself for any injuries before he got up, heading a bit further inland. The air was still, but the overwhelming scent of something other told him that some group made their territory here. Taking a deep breath inward, the zombie cat dug his claws into the sand before he called out, caution be damned, "Hello? Is anybody out there? I just washed up here!" He could handle himself if things went south. After all, he had his electrical elementals, not to mention the fighting skills he had picked up through training.
DON'T ASK FOR HELP, YOU'RE ALL ALONE
YOU'LL HAVE TO ANSWER TO YOUR OWN PRESSURE!
Reggan

Re: YOUNG AND SWEET ☆ paintbrush - COSMIIX - 10-27-2020

I'M IN TROUBLE, I'M AN ADDICT
The sound of someone's voice made the boy's tufted ears perk forward with a small frown on his maw, Paintbrush wincing slightly as he shifted his leg that he was holding up in the air as to not put pressure on it. He had his own trouble at the moment but, Paintbrush was never someone to turn down an individual who needed help or simply asked if anyone was out there. It wasn't in his nature so, with a muffled hiss, the liger rose to his paws trying to ignore the pain that he was currently feeling. He had been travelling for some time now and had gotten lost as well as losing his satchel that had most of his belongings, he hoped that he would find it all but part of him was doubtful in a sense. He began to limp over in the direction where he had heard the voice only to stop in his tracks as the smell of death clung onto the air causing the fur on his spine to prickle. Did the voice have a companion who died? No, he thought with a wrinkle of his snout not catching any other scents that were living... Just death. It made his stomach twist with unease.

Moving past the foliage that surrounded him, the liger eventually came face to face with a small feline with a rather odd appearance. But the scent of death definitely was coming from the smaller boy, he swallowed trying to fight the urge to say something about the smell. His wounded shoulder hidden within the foliage away from the eyes of the stranger, Paint wanted to be cautious. "I guess I'm that anybody, huh?" He began to speak with a sheepish grin slowly forming itself onto his maw, his ears flicking back as he glanced behind the other to see the remains of what seemed to be a boat. "Seems ya really ain't cut out for sailing..." He mused with a lash of his tail before introducing himself "I'm Paintbrush... You lost wayward soul,"
I'M ADDICTED TO THIS GIRL, SHE'S GOT MY HEART TIED IN A KNOT
AND MY STOMACH IN A WHIRL BUT EVEN WORSE I CAN'T
STOP CALLING HER, SHE'S ALL I WANT AND MORE
Reggan

Re: YOUNG AND SWEET ☆ paintbrush - roan ; - 10-28-2020

Seems ya really ain't cut out for sailing. As true as that comment was, it still caused Roan to wrinkle his nose slightly, the soothsayer feeling a wave of irritation at this new stranger. It had always somewhat upset him, knowing that he would never have the same connection to the sea that so many within The Typhoon had – having it pointed out just made him more irritable. Despite this, the feline knew he was better off not snapping, or making some snide comment. After all, he was lost and all on his own, and the boy in front of him was much bigger and undoubtedly stronger, although Roan immediately noticed the injury the other had. His gaze briefly darted down to the other's leg, a glean of concern within his eyes before he hastily shook his head. Now wasn't the time to be worrying about the injuries of strangers, now was the time to be worried about himself.

Even with the other's injured leg, Roan wouldn't be able to fight a liger off, which meant that he needed to be careful. With this in mind, he found himself hesitating before he finally spoke, "...My name is Roan Ó Foaláin-Roux, and I'm a soothsayer of The Typhoon. A healer." He wanted to make who he was known right away, both for the sake of simplicity, and for his own sake. Perhaps if Paintbrush knew he was dealing with a healer, he wouldn't get it in his head to fight – not that it seemed like that was in his head at the moment.

With his eyes briefly scanning over the island that lingered behind Paint, Roan muttered, a bit annoyed that he couldn't recognize the scent that was on the air, "And no, I'm not really a sailor. I was just out on my boat to go fishing, when the seas suddenly swelled, and I ended up here." He grimaced at the thought of it, heavily disliking the feeling of fear that had welled up in his chest, choking him in the moment. He shook it off before continuing, his tone inquisitive, "What... what even is this place? I've never seen somewhere like here in all of my travels around my home island, and I've been to quite a few places around it..." The thought of another island on the horizon seemed so foreign to Roan, as he had grown so used to there only being The Typhoon's archipelago, and the larger island it was attached to.
Reggan

Re: YOUNG AND SWEET ☆ paintbrush - COSMIIX - 11-03-2020

I'M IN TROUBLE, I'M AN ADDICT
Paintbrush took note of how the other's snout seemed to wrinkle at his comment though he couldn't help but let out a snort, his ears flicked back with a nonexistent eyebrow raised slightly though a smile was still present on his maw. He noticed how Roan's eyes briefly darted to his leg injury though it didn't last long and soon enough, the feline was beginning to introduce himself. Oh boy, that's a pretty long name, the liger would think to himself twitching his whiskers as he tried to think of what to say or do next. The other already knew that he was injured so he went ahead and stepped out of the foliage, the striped brute would sit down slowly with his tail flicking to the sides. "Roan, huh? Well, it's nice to meet ya," He began to say rolling his shoulders a bit before he would begin to introduce himself with a tilt of his head "M'names Paintbrush Osiris, I'm a bit of a healer too and I'm far from home." It was true, he had decided that he was going on an adventure of sorts and well, he wasn't very good at it though he wouldn't ever admit that to a stranger. He had some pride, after all, even if it wasn't a lot.

The liger would sit down curling his tail around his paws as Roan began to speak some more though Paintbrush didn't seem to mind at all, he hadn't had company in a while now so it was nice to find someone to talk to even if it might have been brief. "I see... A tip as a non-sailor, maybe wait a bit to see the how the weather is before setting sail. The weather and ocean can be unpredictable but, it's best to wait instead of almost losing your head." He had to do his best to ignore the scent of death that seemed to be coming from Roan's form, it made him uncomfortable to be reminded that life was short and anyone could die at any given moment yet he didn't want to be rude to his new acquaintance so he would bite his tongue and just continue the conversation. He was removed from his thoughts when the Typhoon healer began to speak once more getting his attention, his whiskers twitching briefly only to answer with a shrug and sheepish grin on his maw "I'll be honest... I have no fuckin clue... I was just exploring and ended up getting lost... Getting this pretty sick gash on my leg and losing my satchel with my shit in it. But I do know that it would probably be smarter to stay here and not get lost in the woods," He let out a thoughtful hum only to be reminded of his wound, oh yeah, he had to deal with that.

"Do ya happen to have any marigold? I could probably find some cobweb or make a makeshift bandage with some leaves." He said with an awkward chuckle as he lifted a paw up to scratch behind his head. Hopefully, that wouldn't be much of an issue though if Roan didn't have marigold, Paintbrush would probably have to go into the woods for some. He turned his head to glance at the woods behind him with a small thoughtful frown, he let a soft sigh leave his slightly jaws. "And in turn, I could probably make us a shelter until we can figure out how to help you get back home." He added glancing over to the zombified feline only to flinch as a droplet of rain hit his nose, it seemed that it would be rain soon. That was great.
I'M ADDICTED TO THIS GIRL, SHE'S GOT MY HEART TIED IN A KNOT
AND MY STOMACH IN A WHIRL BUT EVEN WORSE I CAN'T
STOP CALLING HER, SHE'S ALL I WANT AND MORE
Reggan

Re: YOUNG AND SWEET ☆ paintbrush - roan ; - 11-04-2020

"I'm a bit of a healer too." The words caused Roan to relax slightly, albeit not all the way. It was comforting to know that he was in the presence of another medically minded person, but there was always a chance Paintbrush was lying. Roan would've loved to just believed the striped male at first glance, but considering what he had dealt with in the past, he found that he just couldn't. Despite this, the sewed up feline continued to make conversation, his claws briefly digging into the sand before he muttered, "Well... I suppose it's nice to meet you too, even if this is far from the circumstances I'd want to meet anyone in." His words had a hint of a bitter edge, with his usually grumpy manner tending to show through. He would've loved to be as relaxed as Paintbrush seemed to be, but he very much needed to get home. Briefly scratching at the top of his own head, Roan hesitated for a second before continuing, "Well... I'd say we could both bond over being far from home, but I'm honestly not sure if I am. For all I know, The Typhoon could be right nearby, and this is just an island I never noticed." That certainly seemed like an unlikely possibility, unless the island had somehow perpetually been covered in fog up until now, but Roan wanted to hope that he was still close to his family.

Paintbrush's request for help was enough to soothe Roan's frustrations for the moment, even if it would only be temporary. After all, the soothsayer had always felt more at ease when he was helping someone else. It gave him some time out of his own mind - or, in this case, time away from his predicament. Taking a step forward, the tabby reached out to lightly lift Paint's leg up, blue eyes narrowing as he spoke, "You're right in not going into the woods. It would be easy to get lost, but you could also easily have this get infected on you, too. Although I suppose you knew that..." After spending another brief moment inspecting the liger's leg, he eventually just shook his head, turning to head back towards what remained of his small boat. He supposed he should just be glad that it was some random tiny boat, rather than one that was important to him, or someone else. He nosed lightly at the broken parts of the ship, his gaze scanning through the various bits of wood before he eventually lit up. Letting out a soft pleased noise, he spoke half to himself, and half to Paint, "Ah, lucky... it actually managed to survive this whole mess." With one slim limb reaching forward, Roan hooked his claws on the strap of his herb satchel, pulling it close and beginning to look inside for what had stayed intact.

After a couple of minutes of pawing through the now soggy satchel, Roan managed to pull out several herbs that had remained, although they were definitely in rough shape. Marigold was one of those herbs, and he ended up shoving a stack forward, muttering as his tail flicked from side to side, "Alright, I've got a little bit of marigold that survived... it should be enough to help with your wound, at least for now. I've also got some cobwebs... all my proper bandages entirely fell apart from the water." There was a scowl of focus on the small feline's face, the boy clearly thinking about how he would need to replace nearly the entirety of the contents of his satchel. He briefly sighed, being broken from his medical based thoughts when Paintbrush mentioned shelter. Roan's ears flattened against his skull, the zombified male clearly not pleased at the thought of needing to stay on this island for more than a few minutes. Despite this, he ended up nodding, letting out a frustrated grunt before he stated, "A shelter would be good. Maybe I can try tying the pieces of the old ship together to form a raft. Or... perhaps it would be better to just use them to help prop up the shelter." As he glanced over at the pieces of the small ship, he found himself wincing, seeing that it had mostly broken apart into smaller bits that were now rotting from water exposure.
Reggan