Beasts of Beyond
smells like teen spirit && halloween tasks & ooc prompts - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: smells like teen spirit && halloween tasks & ooc prompts (/showthread.php?tid=12960)

smells like teen spirit && halloween tasks & ooc prompts - METEOR - 10-10-2020

The pastel explosion sat on his haunches in the camp, one eye squinted a tad tighter than the other. His idea for Halloween spirited tasks had been approved by Dadorito, but the glittery eyesore hesitated at the execution phase. His blue gaze darted to the meeting rock for a moment, and he lurched towards it for a moment before sighing into stillness. Even with a flimsy grasp on PalmClan culture, Quasar guessed that would be a bad move.

He cleared his throat. One tail flicked, thumping against the sand. Quasar closed his eyes (to avoid seeing people laugh or flat out ignore him) and took a deep breath. “GET YOUR GHOSTLY TASKS HERE! RHINESTONESTAR-APPROVED FESTIVE STUFF STRAIGHT FROM THE SPARKLEDOG’S MOUTH!”

{ let me know if you'd like an ooc prompt here as well c: }
© LEXASPERATED

Re: smells like teen spirit && halloween tasks & ooc prompts - number nine. - 10-10-2020

A call of attention from someone besides Rhinestonestar was enough to cause Nine to lift his head, half out of curiosity and half out of genuine attention. Slowly pushing himself up onto his large paws, the jaguar headed in the direction of Quasar, resisting the urge to squint his gaze against the direct sight of the other. Those sparkledogs really were colored like a unicorn had exploded on them, weren't they? Despite this, Nine was enchanted with the thought of a ghostly task, so it wasn't long before he settled nearby, chuckling, "Alright, I'll bite. Gimme something good, Quasar kid." Nine doubted that Quasar would be pleased with being called kid, especially considering he was technically an apprentice, but Number Nine couldn't help it. Quasar was tiny compared to him, so therefore, the kid was... a kid.
HELLBENT ON MAKING YOU LOVE ME TOO

Re: smells like teen spirit && halloween tasks & ooc prompts - VASS . - 10-12-2020

The light of day revealed the tiger's own form amungst the shade of camp. Dark jade green eyes lifting up from private musings to the sight of the apprentice Quesar. Ah, such a bright fucking kid; with Rhinestone's influence he had become a lot more kinder, happy it seemed in comparison to how he had been.

Still, it was the other's words that had drawn the other from his spot. Sunlight hitting the stark colors of the tiger's own form as he grinned along- making an entrance with a familiar shout of "cachorro!" Familiarity would hopefully shake off the distaste for being called something so childlike, not that the tiger much cared himself. It was rare that the ex-boss gave out nicknames as it was- forms of endearment were weakness- it was bred into him to expel such things

yet

"I'll take one of those tasks as well!" Something to get him out of his own rut of things to do, if nothing else.

/ay hmu with a prompt as well!
[table][tr][td]
[Image: a.gif]
[/td][td]
"take me into your heart , accept me as your savior nail me to the fucking cross and let me be reborn" — an antagonist with a silver tongue , a pirate with nothing to loose and everything to gain .  vaas montenegro ; he who lives to fight demons should be weary he himself does not become one ." it's not like i am fucking crazy — "
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: smells like teen spirit && halloween tasks & ooc prompts - RHINESTONE. - 10-12-2020

LEADER ❝ RHINE ❞ PALMCLAN
Halloween tasks. Rhine could remember approving of Quasar giving them out, but it still felt a little surreal, hearing his son call out for people to gather around. Well, surreal, and also enough to produce a warm feeling of pride within his chest. The kid really was doing well, and Rhinestone had no doubt he'd probably be in line for advancement, given his current pace. Getting up to his paws, the tom moved out of his den, padding over to where both Vaas and Number Nine already stood, requesting their own Halloween themed tasks. Sitting down beside Vaas, Rhinestone allowed his tail to fall over his paws, a faint purr leaving him, "I'll take a task too, Quasar. Be sure to give me something good – this just happens to be one of my favorite times of the year." Christmas was good too, and Thanksgiving was his absolute favorite, but Halloween held a special place in his heart. Candy, pranks, costumes... it was all just so fun, and a refreshing break from the ordinary.

( prompts for rhine and nine both, please? <3 )
NEVER OPENED MYSELF THIS WAY
LIFE IS OURS, WE LIVE IT OUR WAY
Reggan

Re: smells like teen spirit && halloween tasks & ooc prompts - METEOR - 10-13-2020

The dog’s eyes remained tightly shut until he heard the pawsteps shuffling towards him and the words of acknowledgement. One at a time, his blue eyes opened, and he put on a nonchalant expression to mask the insecurity. But he was relieved, even if he didn’t show it, that an entire group of people showed up. Even Vaas and Rhinestonestar! And that vegetable jaguar! He couldn’t keep the excitement out of his voice, and he rattled off the tasks quick as a lick.

“Grassy Ass, tell spooky stories around a campfire! Hopefully one from your home before PalmClan!” Quasar yipped, nodding up at the taller feline. He acted as though he hadn’t just called Nine that, but, if the jaguar was going to call him kid, then he’d fire back with his own insults. { [member=7593]number nine.[/member]  ooc prompt: Late at night, Nine encounters his worst fear…! Bonus points: incorporate techniques to show Nine is an unreliable narrator in this specific scene.}

“Vaas, paint some ghosts and skulls around! I’d love to see what your psychedelic art looks like with Halloween motifs!” Quasar’s tails wagged; the apprentice planned on doing something similar, himself, but he wasn’t going to blow the surprise. { [member=16248]VAAS .[/member] ooc prompt: Take a leaf out of the haunted house trope! Vaas investigates reports that one of the buildings on the boardwalk is haunted. Bonus points: heavily reference the setting of the scene, breaking out of “white room syndrome”}

“Dadorito, clear away fallen leaves and debris from well-trafficked areas. Make some leaf piles to dive in! Or spooky Halloween sculptures out of the branches!” Quasar hoped that would satisfy Rhinestonestar’s itch for a good Halloween task, but his ears flicked back momentarily anyway. { [member=15694]RHINESTONE.[/member] ooc prompt: Survival horror time! Rhinestonestar finds himself lost, either in PalmClan’s territory or outside of it. How does he make his way back home? Hopefully with a spooky scare or two! Bonus points: include at least two details evoking each of the five senses.}
© LEXASPERATED

Re: smells like teen spirit && halloween tasks & ooc prompts - Grimm - 10-15-2020

[align=center][div style="font-family: arial; font-size: 11.5px; width: 310px; text-align: justify; line-height:120%"]Any bearing even basic senses were more than well equipped to make an easy call on the bad blood present between the two, single sided as it supposedly was. Yet there was no basis for it, lacking the familial bond forged during the days spent within a landscape of rotting wood softened beneath salt laden air, alone the other in holding such. Emotions are a fickle thing, however, the sensibility behind each not wholly necessary.

Closer did he tread in wake of rust hued monarch, annoyance dawning along gentle visage, present in irregular movement of tail, low held. Requested made prior filled with a rather unnecessary touch, the sharp curl of a frown further accenting his distaste for the given nicknames. "Want one." Further expanded his vocabulary within the two months that had passed him by, purposeful the choice of more simple words, downward turning vision once Foam had spoken all he needed.

( might I grab a prompt, please and thank you )

Re: smells like teen spirit && halloween tasks & ooc prompts - METEOR - 10-15-2020

Quasar squinted down at the silver tabby kitten, blinking slowly as he turned over tasks in his head. The kitten’s age stumped him, since plenty of tasks weren’t suitable for such a youngster. “Foamkit, why don’t you create and decorate a scarecrow?”

{ [member=16080]FOAMKIT.[/member] ooc prompt: Deja Vu unsettles us all. How does Foamkit deal with his first run in with this spooky phenomena? Bonus points: meaning! sense! clarity! these are the ingredients that make the perfect foundation of clear prose. Focus on using simple language to convey what is happening in the scene, from the mundane details to any complex metaphors you weave. }
[sub][W]isker[/sub]