Beasts of Beyond
STAY IN YOUR LANE BOY || sand dollar collecting - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: STAY IN YOUR LANE BOY || sand dollar collecting (/showthread.php?tid=12918)

STAY IN YOUR LANE BOY || sand dollar collecting - Seakit Roux. - 10-01-2020

IF MY LIFE IS GOING
TO MEAN ANYTHING,
I HAVE TO LIVE IT
MYSELF.
tiguar . young . he/him
demigod of the deep
When it came to sea related objects, it was easy for the brightly colored beta. He could dive deep within the ocean's waters, thriving for long periods of time where his body would utilize gills and act like a fish. As cool as the things he could bring were, there was nothing that beat the joy of finding a whole sanddollar on the beach. He'd gotten up early this morning to go searching, a large pile of mostly whole sand dollars showing how much work he'd put into it. Still, none that didn't have imperfections.

It was with great joy that he held one up in the air, freshly lifted from the sand. Allowing the water to rush over it and clear it of any sand, he held up a fully whole sand dollar. "Hell yeah!" he cheered, a massive grin on his maw. Carefully moving over to his pile, he set the perfect sand dollar next to his other pile. 

Re: STAY IN YOUR LANE BOY || sand dollar collecting - bubblegum - 10-02-2020

DEAR FRIEND as you know,  your flowers are withering
your mother's gone insane, your leaves have drifted away.
but the clouds are clearing up
and i've come reveling, burning incandescently,
like a bastard on the burning sea.

YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER,
BURIED DEEP UNDER THE WATER.
The tigress had always found herself a collector, though much less so into her adulthood, of things in general. She liked the look of shiny things, pretty toys and knickknacks, and she always found uses for them whether they'd become decorations, gifts, or they'd sit in her storages to eventually become one or the other. Who knows, maybe one day she could bury some of her chests and send others on treasure hunts for the various things she's collected over time. Specifically, though, she isn't sure she'd taken the time to really collect any sort of seashell - maybe a few sometimes if she found them particularly interesting, but overall she left them to the hermit crabs in the sand and any other fish that may end up using them for tools.

"Oi, son, whatcha' doin' there?" the female asked with a small smile upon her features. She was always glad to see Seapaw up and about, keeping sure to visit him every day even with him moving out, always offering food for him and a bed if he ever felt like spending the night. She was glad none of her children seemed too desperate for recognition or power, while she felt perfectly fine with how young she'd jumped into politics, she didn't want to see her own children doing the same. To avoid them getting hurt as much as she could was a relief, and she was proud of what each of them were doing, and it always brought her joy to see them doing anything that wasn't too strenuous. Especially with something as recreational as gathering sand dollars.

Re: STAY IN YOUR LANE BOY || sand dollar collecting - roan ; - 10-05-2020

SOOTHSAYER ❝ ROAN ❞ THE TYPHOON
Truth be told, Roan had never been much of a collector, unless one counted collecting herbs. He just didn't really see the point of collecting things, considering they often ended up just sitting around inside your home, doing nothing but taking up space. Despite this, he didn't have anything against those that did decide they wanted to collect things. Especially not when that person was a child, since it was natural to want to get your paws on absolutely everything within reach. Sometimes out of curiosity, and sometimes just because, if he was honest, kids were kinda greedy. Either way, Roan had been on his way back from Diya and Roxie's house when he heard Seapaw's shout of triumph, causing him to lift his head in surprise.

With his tail flicking behind him, the zombified cat turned and headed towards Seapaw, following the other's scent and where he had heard the excited call come from. He carefully moved past the large pile of damaged sand dollars, wondering just how much time Seapaw had spent combing over the entire beach. The soothsayer eventually came to settle down beside Goldie, offering his cousin a small smile before he turned back towards Seapaw, "A sand dollar? Did you actually manage to find one that was whole? Looks like you've been at it for... a while." He gestured his paw back towards the small pile Sea had left behind, a little tired chuckle leaving the medic as he did so. He didn't doubt that Seapaw was proud of his accomplishment, but it also surprised him to see Seapaw out and about collecting things again. After Sam's death, Roan had figured that the tiguar had entirely abandoned his old hobby – even though the soothsayer was fairly sure Sam wouldn't have wanted that.
DON'T ASK FOR HELP, YOU'RE ALL ALONE
YOU'LL HAVE TO ANSWER TO YOUR OWN PRESSURE!
Reggan

Re: STAY IN YOUR LANE BOY || sand dollar collecting - ROSEMARY - 10-07-2020

[align=center]
THERE’S VACANCY IN EVERY NIGHTMARE

The ocelot walked to the small Roux gathering, her forked tail flicking over the sandy beach. Her steps were slow, as she carefully maneuvered around shells and rocks. Her lower pair of eyes scanned the ground, while the other flicked from speaker to speaker.

“That’s a lovely little pile you’ve found,” Rosemary said. And she meant it; as a sort of collector herself, mostly of assorted plants and odd curiosities, she instinctively understood the simple joy of finding a neat bundle. “Are you going to use them to decorate your home?”
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: STAY IN YOUR LANE BOY || sand dollar collecting - Seakit Roux. - 10-16-2020

IF MY LIFE IS GOING
TO MEAN ANYTHING,
I HAVE TO LIVE IT
MYSELF.
tiguar . young . he/him
demigod of the deep
Seapaw's dual-shaded gaze fell on his mother and get greeted her with a wave of his massive tail. He used a paw too quickly usher her over, pointing at the singular perfect sanddollar at his feet. It was only a few inches wide but, perfect none the less. "I managed to find a perfect one!" he said proudly, looking up at her and hoping for some kind of positive reaction.

His head would turn as Roan approached, a small touch of apprehension hitting as the faint scent of death wafted towards him. It was something that he was much too familiar with and he didn't appreciate the way it lingered in his cousins odd pelt. "It was super hard too find! Sometimes I would even think I found one and I'd pull it out of the sand and it would be missing a chunk!" he cried, a touch dramatic. He would make a goofy face at Roan before looking at his approaching great-aunt. At her question he would thoughtfully tilt his head, thinking about it. "Nope! I'll keep this one but, I'll return the other ones! Did ya know that crabs will eat them? It's good for 'em!" he gestured at the broken pile. "Unless you want some of them?" he asked, looking at the ocelot thoughtfully.