Beasts of Beyond
hurry up and wait . migraine - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: hurry up and wait . migraine (/showthread.php?tid=12808)

Pages: 1 2

hurry up and wait . migraine - Lawlocked - 09-17-2020

Lawkit was an avid reader, he enjoyed spending his time alone. Yet being alone didn't agree with him, it sat like a stone on his throat and hummed in the back of his mind. He couldn't stand being quiet- being still yet he longed for the scent of ink and dusted tomes. Liked to pull out pens and ink and scrap against the pages some hint of information. It was a buzz on the back of his mind, and he couldn't find the quiet that he enjoyed because of it.

It built, throughout the day. That buzz that turned into a steady throb at the front of his head. It pressed behind his eyes and he closer them, trying to reliev the moment of pain. Stopping a moment where he had been walking towards the temple to just... stop. Think over the throbbing pain in his head.

When he stopped, when he focused down on the feeling of the pain it was almost devastating. Thoughts came screeching into a halt. A whine escaped his maw as he sat down. Bringing up a paw to his head and feeling it move under the strain. Headaches, Lawkit had been having a few recently, but nothing this big, nothing so disastrous as a... super headache- migraine? He could still see though, couldn't really thing- but

"Spoken"
[glow=#FEF1B5,2,300]He told me I should take it in,[/glow]

[glow=#FEF1B5,2,300] listen to every word he's speaking[/glow]

Re: hurry up and wait . migraine - ROSEMARY - 09-18-2020

[align=center]
THERE’S VACANCY IN EVERY NIGHTMARE

Rosemary wandered by, nearly missing Lawkit’s plight. She often passed out over a book, and she assumed the child shared her bookworm enthusiasm. She couldn’t even begin to count how many times she fell asleep with a book in her paws as a child.

However, the moment she heard his whimper, the witch paused. Then she rushed over to him, scanning the kitten for any outward signs of injuries.

“Lawkit, what’s wrong?” she asked, voice low and soft. After she spoke, she squinted in concentration. Surely, if he were able, he would’ve called out for help? Perhaps he simply tried to hide the pain. Or he couldn’t.

“Can you speak?” She placed a paw gently between his. “If you can’t, squeeze my paw, okay?” She didn’t want to establish a mind link with a child—their minds were so brittle, and Rosemary’s magic too loud—but she could.
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: hurry up and wait . migraine - Windowmemer - 09-19-2020

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ —      ɪɴꜰᴇʀɴᴏ | ʙᴀʙʏ | ᴄɪᴘʜᴇʀ-ᴠᴀɴᴛᴀꜱ

ɪᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ
ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴀ ɢʀᴏᴀɴɪɴɢ ɴᴏɪꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴍᴀʟʟ ꜰᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ ʟɪꜰᴛ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅ, ᴍᴀᴡ ᴘᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ɢʟᴇᴇ. "ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ'ꜱ ɪɴ ᴘᴀɪɴ!" ꜱʜᴇ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴅᴇʟɪɢʜᴛᴇᴅ ꜱQᴜᴇᴀᴋ, ꜱʟɪᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ'ꜱ ᴠɪᴄɪɴɪᴛʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ᴅɪꜱɢᴜꜱᴛᴇᴅ ʜɪꜱꜱ. ꜱʜᴇ ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ꜱʜᴇ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀɴ ᴀɴɪᴍᴀʟ ᴀ ʙɪᴛ ʙɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴀᴛ ɪᴛꜱ ꜱɪᴅᴇ. "ᴡʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ?" ꜱʜᴇ ᴀꜱᴋᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ɴᴀꜱᴛʏ ꜱᴍɪʟᴇ ᴏɴ ʜᴇʀ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ.

ᴏᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ

"ꜱᴘᴇᴇᴄʜ"

Re: hurry up and wait . migraine - michael t. - 09-19-2020

REAVER ❝ MIKEY ❞ THE TYPHOON
The sound of others speaking about Lawkit and pain in the same sentences was what drew Michael over to the scene, a frown curled on the bobcat's muzzle. Even if Lawkit wasn't technically one of his nephews, he fill felt a sense of protectiveness over the young hybrid, just as he did with most of The Typhoon. However, the thief also knew that there was very little that he could practically do to help if Lawkit was really in pain. He wasn't Roan, and he only had experience with patching up wounds that were on the outside. A migraine didn't exactly count for that, which caused the reaver to sigh as he sat down nearby. Kneading a little anxiously at the ground beneath him, Michael questioned Rosemary softly, "If he's in pain, you can give him something, right? Like poppy seeds?" His mind was solely on Lawkit for a moment, but once he realized what Inferno had said, the fugitive's ears flattened down against his skull.

Glaring down at Inferno, he scolded the child in a hiss, "You shouldn't take pleasure in the pain of others... Jesus, what the hell is your mother even teaching you?" The male then just shook his head from side to side, once again unimpressed with Aphra's parenting skills. He had known that she would end up screwing the kids up – how could she not, with the way she lived – but to this level? It was beyond disturbing, and Michael once again just wanted to toss the pure white feline out on her ass.
AND ALL THIS TIME I HAVE BEEN LYING
OH, LYING IN SECRET TO MYSELF
Reggan

Re: hurry up and wait . migraine - Windowmemer - 09-20-2020

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ —      ɪɴꜰᴇʀɴᴏ | ʙᴀʙʏ | ᴄɪᴘʜᴇʀ-ᴠᴀɴᴛᴀꜱ

ɪᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ

She cast an uninterested glance at the large male who approached and lifted her shoulders in a shrug as he proceeded to scold her, his lobes flat against his head. "You think I'm scared? I don't need parenting. My mother? I have as little value of her as she has of me." She curled her lip in disgust. "She teaches us nothing, might as well die for all I cared. And yeah, we're messed up. Whatever. Gotta learn to deal with it. Go on, kill me. Tear me to pieces. This world is meaningless anyways." Her eyes were calm with a hint of amusement dancing inside them, mocking the other male.

ᴏᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ | ɪᴄ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴꜱ!

and this is seriously ic opinions

yikes that's a grumpy fellow eep

"ꜱᴘᴇᴇᴄʜ"

Re: hurry up and wait . migraine - APHRA CIPHER . - 09-20-2020

[glow=grey,1,400]OH YES, I'VE HEARD THE STORY OVER AND OVER AGAIN !。+゚.[/glow]
Aphra certainly wasn’t happy when Inferno had gotten out of her sight, so of course the stark she-cat was in search of the one kitten that seemed to like to blurt things out.

And it seemed like Inferno was doing just that as she arrived. ”Holy shit, Inferno. Shut the fuck up.” The kid acted like she abused them physically when she had done no such thing - yet, anyway.

Not to mention, she had been trying to teach her kids, that is... to listen to her and only her. And while Vayne and Alia seemed to be perfect little robots, Inferno was definitely a trouble maker in comparison.

”Don’t act like I haven’t done anything for you or your sisters.” Aphra continued to hiss at Inferno. ”I have tried to teach you things, but your dumbass won’t fucking listen.” God damn. She was fine with everyone assuming she didn’t treat her children right because yes, it was true in a way, and Aphra liked to argue against them to see how much proof they had.

But Inferno acted like she straight up abandoned her! Aphra looked over at Michael and frowned, ”Fuck, I’m so sorry about this one. She’s a little uncontrollable.” Not to mention, the bickering probably didn’t help with whatever poor Lawkit was going through.

//mobile, please excuse any mistakes![glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: hurry up and wait . migraine - Lawlocked - 09-20-2020

It was easy to be in the quiet, to be alone. Lawkit used to be able to enjoy the silence, but now it simply [glow=grey,2,300]r a n g[/glow]. It echoed in their spine all down their tail, their bones felt feeble- weak and their organs throbbed. Law felt the presence of another, a soft paw of a similar voice cutting into their hazy vision. When did they... there was another paw squeeze if you're in pain. Another high whine in their voice. Earnest, sorry, ashamed. Lawkit moved to squeeze it, stumbling as he moved his much smaller paw atop Rosemary's in a gentle press down. Lawkit wanted to go lay down, wanted to close his eyes but there was the ever presence of the sun hanging inside his lids and it made him ache.

His wings vibrated at his sides, sudden fine pressed feathers shaking to life and a vibrance as they fluffed up: Showing for every pair of eyes upon them the child's own discomfort. But there were other's there, soft voices some- cutting into his skull and he felt so much worse. Michaels' voice was a balm, and Law's wings hunched over themselve, hitting the horns atop lawkit's crown to cover his face, blocking the sun.

He could... he could think just fin, it was just hard to overcome the pain and think clearly. "Poppy... yeah, maybe some lavender..." Lawkit muttered under his breath, looking up just to catch the sight of Aphra and her child. The cruel one, by the growl in Aphra's voice it was because of a reason. Lawkit... didn't think past that- didn't let himself. Instead looking down at the small feline that smiled up at him with wicked gleam. "yeah, lavender..." he affirmed, mostly to himself as he moved- a sudden action that caused his unsteady fotting a clumsy action.

Black fur collided with the frame of Rosemary Lawkit moving to seek reprieve at her side. "c't focus well, Rose... lead me to the temple?" He knew Rosemary, another sage like him, and lawkit was- a kit but they were there to learn together, or at least- be on probation together if nothing else. In truth both Roan and Rose taught him more than anything, more than the books could since he could barely stand to sit still as it were.
[glow=#FEF1B5,2,300]He told me I should take it in,[/glow]

[glow=#FEF1B5,2,300] listen to every word he's speaking[/glow]

Re: hurry up and wait . migraine - Windowmemer - 09-21-2020

ɪᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ

Oh joy. Her mother was now here. She rolled her eyes as Aphra began chewing her off. "Yeah, whatever." Her lip curled in disgust at her mother's behaviour in public. She was just asking to get hit and Inferno wouldn't hesitate to be the one to deliver the first bat. She continued letting the woman speak, whilst nodding to show she was at least paying a bit of attention and making noises like mhm. "Oh I do listen alright. I just refuse to show it because I don't like you."

ᴏᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ | ɪᴄ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴꜱ!
Youre fineeee ^^

"ꜱᴘᴇᴇᴄʜ"

Re: hurry up and wait . migraine - michael t. - 09-22-2020

DEALER ❝ MIKEY ❞ THE TYPHOON
When Inferno initially turned and spoke to him, Michael immediately found himself recoiling, a soft hiss leaving him as he heard the child. What the fuck was wrong with her? He grumbled lowly, just shaking his head at Inferno's absolutely baffling words, "Jesus, kid... you really need to get some therapy or somethin'." Those were some bold words, coming from him, but at least he wasn't as insane as the child in front of him. In fact, she was at such a level that even Aphra seemed tired of her bullshit, coming over and immediately telling her to shut up. Normally, Michael would think that was a bitch move on Aphra's part, but... was Inferno just legitimately cursed, or something? Either way, the bobcat briefly looked over at Aphra before he muttered, sighing at the feline, "Drag her over to Rosemary, or Roan, or somebody... anyone who can check out her brain. Seriously." The kid was what, three months old? That definitely meant that something was seriously wrong. It had to be, for someone so young to be asking others to attack them.

Eager to get his mind off of Inferno and her disturbing nature, Michael then turned his attention back to Lawkit, that same worried frown returning to his face. Sighing, the thief moved over to one side of Law, gently pressing against the child as he muttered comfortingly, "C'mon, Lawkit. I'll help Rosemary get you to the temple... you seem like you could use it right now." The fugitive had gotten a migraine or two in the past, but they were often violent stress migraines, and were the kind that ended up keeping him in bed for days, curled up and sleeping as much as possible. He remembered when he had gotten his first one, and Trevor had been so panicked because Michael was practically acting like a zombie on Earth. Lawkit sort of reminded him of that right now, albeit on a slightly smaller level. Part of the dealer just wanted to pick the kid up by the scruff of the neck and carry him to the temple, but there were two issues with that. One, he didn't want Lawkit to be embarrassed, especially with his still very recent promotion. And two, he wasn't even sure he was big enough to pick the growing hybrid up, at least not in his bobcat form.
AND ALL THIS TIME I HAVE BEEN LYING
OH, LYING IN SECRET TO MYSELF
Reggan

Re: hurry up and wait . migraine - APHRA CIPHER . - 09-22-2020

[glow=grey,1,400]OH YES, I'VE HEARD THE STORY OVER AND OVER AGAIN !。+゚.[/glow]
Genuinely, Aphra was in shock and horrified by what Inferno said; while yes, it was definitely true she didn't treat her children like most mothers, the kitten was acting as if Aphra had threatened her. Which was... not the case. Aphra moved aside whenever Lawkit started talking, moving so that Rosemary could lead the kid to the temple - she probably didn't need to, but everything going on her was just so awkward and awful.

"I don't care what you think of me, Inferno." Aphra shot back at her daughter, glaring down at the kitten with her ears flattened. "But this isn't..." Normal, She wanted to say, but how the hell was she supposed to word that in the least disrespectful way possible? "This isn't something you do in public, okay?" The succubus looked over at Michael and nodded, appearing to agree with his words about how she needed to take Inferno to see a sage or something - perhaps she'll do that later on this evening, when Rosemary wasn't too preoccupied with Lawkit. Dealing with the Roux family wasn't something Aphra wanted to do, nor did she want her children around them, but if they were sick or in trouble, well... She didn't have much of a choice, did she?[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]