Beasts of Beyond
aloha ʻoe [★] one more light - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: aloha ʻoe [★] one more light (/showthread.php?tid=12784)

aloha ʻoe [★] one more light - natyli r. - 09-15-2020

[table][tr][td]
NATYLI ROUX
BETA
TAGS && INFO
[/td][td]
[div style="width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #76b8cc; text-align: left; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px"]COME AND FLY AW[color=#6897be]AY WI[color=#628ab9]TH ME
The waves washed gently over the shore, gliding over the young jaguar's paws.  She sat, stiff, gazing across the endless expanse of water.  If she stretched her wings... Learned to fly... She could get lost in that sky.  And would she find him there, in those clouds... Or would it simply lead her back to the empty place in her heart.  Missing piece.

"Ha`aheo ka ua i nâ pali."

Soft.  She doesn't raise the sound over the gentle tide, mix-matched hues still fixed on that infinite sea.  Wandering.  Wondering.

"Ke nihi a`ela i ka nahele, E hahai (uhai) ana paha i ka liko."

She wished it would have rained.  Poured.  The weather had no business... So clear after...  When it felt her pain could drown the ocean itself.  It wasn't fair.

"Pua ʻāhihi lehua o uka."

Pause.  Breath.  Her eyes must have grown misty at some point.  Heart against the chorus.  Stubborn.  Denial.

"Aloha ʻoe, aloha ʻoe," farewell to thee, farewell to thee.

"E ke onaona noho i ka lipo."

"One fond embrace, A hoʻi aʻe au.'Ere I depart.

"J-Jaime?" Already gone.  Sinking.  Sinking.  "J-Jam?" Sinking.  Drowning.  Tears streak down her cheek.  Boiling over she doesn't quite feel, her lungs fighting against her.  "Jam?"  Please.

'Not Jamie.'

"Until... We meet again."
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: aloha ʻoe [★] one more light - Simon F.M. - 09-16-2020

Take what you need while there's time
The city will be earth in a short while
If I'm not mistaken it's been in flames
You and I will escape to the seaside
Diya hadn't known Jamie, regretfully so. Maybe his passing had been part of what had pushed her to get to know the rest of Roxanne's family. It had been a slow process for the generally intoverted feline but, she had been working on it.

She hadn't intended on running into Natyli today, though, had been surprised to see the young Roux settled on the beach. The soft music reached her sensitive ears, the grief clear in the tone as it cascaded across the beach. She would slowly move forward, settling herself next to the grieving jaguar. She wasn't sure what to say, unsure if she had a right to say anything. Instead, she settled for silent comfort, wrapping her tail around the other's back.

Re: aloha ʻoe [★] one more light - roan ; - 09-16-2020

SOOTHSAYER ❝ ROAN ❞ THE TYPHOON
Jaime's death had taken a toll on all of them, although Roan had been trying his damnedest not to think about it. He still blamed himself, on some level, for not being able to see that the other was suffering. Really, it only made him more glad that he had decided to keep his soothsayer position, his stubbornness winning out in the end. He only hoped that he would be able to prevent such tragedy in the future, the siamese not knowing if his family would even be able to take it. Roxie was slowly recovering, most likely with the help of Diya, but what of the rest of them? Roan was simply trying his best, and he had no idea of how Ry was possibly taking the news. Now, it was pretty clear just how hard Natyli had been taking it, a fact that caused the soothsayer pain that he'd never be able to express. After all, he didn't want Natyli to feel guilty about her grief. She had a right to it, just as he had a right to his own way of dealing with his younger brother's death – unhealthy as it may have been.

Surprisingly heavy pawsteps carried Roan over to where Natyli and Diya were, the medic almost not wanting to interrupt his sister's clear moment of sadness. However, she deserved support, and he could offer that. Coming up on the opposite side of Natyli, Roan leaned down to touch his nose to Natyli's shoulder, his voice just above a whisper as he spoke, "I'm sure he would've thought that was beautiful..." That was all he offered for the moment, instead just opting to drape a wing over Natyli's back alongside Diya's tail. He had never been the best with words, despite wishing he could heal others with them, as well as his paws.
DON'T ASK FOR HELP, YOU'RE ALL ALONE
YOU'LL HAVE TO ANSWER TO YOUR OWN PRESSURE!
Reggan

Re: aloha ʻoe [★] one more light - Lawlocked - 09-21-2020

Many could blame a sickness to Jamie's death, but there was the fact of the matter that they were hybrids. Supernatural mixes of animals that were conceptually different for a reason. It made Roan and Natlyli both a pair of miracles in comparison to where their brother had died, or at least it was the feeling. A mutation that was so drastic to give most of them wings-horns that didn't belong to the natural born animal. It made something catch to the attention of Lawkit's own litter mates as well. Such differences in their parents created an odd offspring, out of all the differences physically seen, what about what lay on the inside?

The haunting melody of Natyli's voice echoed across the area, drawing Lawkit from his spot nearby. Silver eyes narrowed onto the trio of people that gathered there. He was slow to slow to approach. wings drawn up to his sides as he looked at the pair of siblings and Diya. Roan's words cut into Lawkit's thoughts and he spoke up "It was beuatiful" he corrected, watching them all and offering a wavering, solemn smile.
[glow=#FEF1B5,2,300]He told me I should take it in,[/glow]

[glow=#FEF1B5,2,300] listen to every word he's speaking[/glow]