Beasts of Beyond
ROOTIN TOOTIN SHOOTIN ☆ archery - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: ROOTIN TOOTIN SHOOTIN ☆ archery (/showthread.php?tid=12782)

ROOTIN TOOTIN SHOOTIN ☆ archery - S. PENDRAGON - 09-15-2020

WHEN THE COLD WIND IS A-CALLING
One thing that always reminded her of home was sparring and archery, she enjoyed archery quite a bit too. Glancing around at her home, Sophiea would leave with the egg tucked closely to her side, she had knitted a small carrier where the egg would be with her at all times. She needn't worry bout it growing cold either since it was pressed close to her side, she drew a soft breath through an item that she held within her grasp. A bow. Sophi had stole a few arrows from her cousin with the decision to try her paw at archery after such a long time, she could still remember the poise she had to take and such. Familiar. Once, she found a good clearing with nobody around would she drop the bow and few arrows, she ran to a tree deeming it as her target where she used charcoal to slowly make the bullseye ignoring the fact that her pristine, petite stark paws were going dark from the charcoal as well.

Moving back, she nodded slowly feeling quite satisfied with herself and picked up the bow slowly only to move it so it rested on her shoulder. She fumbled around a bit with the arrow but it wasn't long until she held down onto the nock with her teeth and one of her paws pushing the bow until it was stretched far enough. She concentrated her attention onto the bullseye, closed her own eyes for a moment, then reopened them eventually releasing the nock. The arrow shot through the air and hit one of the outer rings... Not the bulleyes. "Damn," She hissed through her teeth, she had hit one of the rings, at least. Sophiea would place another arrow forward, lifting the bow a bit and trying to figure out how to hit the bulleyes. Maybe a bit of leverage and stepping back is what she did, pulling the nock once more with her jaws. She took a moment before letting it go, this time a bit closer to the bulleyes but she still hadn't hit it.

She sat down setting the bow to the side, Sophi taking a moment to look over the egg to make sure none of her movements had bothered it in any way. She brought forward her journal beginning to scribble a few things down with pencil, Sophi glancing up a few times to look at the bulleyes. She would have to probably pester Eternalknight on how he managed to get a bulleyes the first few times, she would huff out with a shake of her cranium "Lazy sod," She had to drag him out of the house at some point.
AND THE SKY IS CLEAR AND BRIGHT
MISTY MOUNTAINS SING AND BECKON, LEAD ME OUT INTO THE LIGHT
Reggan

Re: ROOTIN TOOTIN SHOOTIN ☆ archery - wormwood. - 09-15-2020

ANGEL ❝ AURUM ❞ TANGLEWOOD
Truth be told, Aurum had never been a big fan of weaponry. It had only ever been used very rarely by those within his old pride, with most of them believing that weaponry was used to just make up for weakness. The lion didn't dislike weapons because of that, however. Rather, he just preferred using good old fashioned claws, and teeth. Of course, he also understood that some couldn't do that, not if they actually wanted to have a chance at winning in battle. Not everyone was as massive as the African lion was, and not everyone could do as much damage with a single swipe of their claws, or clench of their jaws. In those cases, he could understand the use of weaponry, and it wasn't as if he had ever shamed anyone for using a sword or a knife, or, in this case, a bow and arrow. In fact, he actually found using a bow to be quite impressive, considering how much effort it took for four legged creatures such as he and Sophiea to wield such a weapon.

Initially, the lion had ventured out into the swamp in order to hunt something for his lunch, wanting to stretch his legs and get used to moving again, even with his injuries. However, his earlier goal was easily forgotten when he came across Sophiea out, aiming at a nearby tree. It was easy to connect the dots when he saw the bow that she was carefully holding with her front legs, and the broad bullseye that was painted in charcoal on the side of the tree. Tilting his head to one side, Aurum grew closer, inspecting the arrows that were already embedded deeply into the tree. He chuckled a bit as he saw where the arrows were, his tail flicking behind him as he spoke, "Archery, huh? I don't remember the last time that I actually saw anyone use a bow and arrow..." Reaching one of his large paws up, he flicked playfully at one of the arrows that was already in the tree, letting out a soft chuff, "Although, from the looks of it, you haven't been using them in quite a while, either. Not that I could really do any better... especially not right now." He would've gestured with a paw to get his point across, but he already knew how much pain that would put him in, and he didn't want to risk that when he was pretty sure Soph already knew what he was talking about.
BUT SINCE IT FALLS UNTO MY LOT
THAT I SHOULD RISE AND YOU SHOULD NOT
Reggan

Re: ROOTIN TOOTIN SHOOTIN ☆ archery - suvi. - 09-15-2020

[table][tr][td]
SUVI KIIRA NÍ FAOLÁIN
TANGLER / BETA
TAGS && INFO
[/td][td]
[div style="width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #c48d85; text-align: left; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px"]and͠ I w̙͐a̗͘n̠̓t ̨̄a̩̓ mom̶̜̿eṋ̌t̞͐ t̘̋ŏ̝ ̺͞be r̳͘é͚al
Hard to say, who it was... Suvi... Kiira... The pacifist.  As a dedicated study to the practice of healing, the petite vixen could not recall ever using a weapon.  She'd only ever attacked someone once in her more recent memory... An accidental defense if anything.  Only mental.

There is some... Faint memory.  It must be Kiira's... Of knives.  She knew somehow, she could handle one.  But she didn't want to.  She wouldn't.

Shouldering her satchel, the arctic fox had initially been on the hunt of a few extra herbs.  Only to stop with a frown when she noticed Aurum.  Her ears flicked back, a sigh building in her throat as she padded after him.  Stubborn...

Her mix-matched hues glanced at Sophiea curiously, studying the bow and target.  Unsure.  Quietly, she tugged her journal out, followed swiftly by her quill.  That looks difficult.  Wow.  Bright.  Can I watch you try again?
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: ROOTIN TOOTIN SHOOTIN ☆ archery - ETERNALKNIGHT. - 09-15-2020

I'LL NEVER BE YOUR CHOSEN ONE
Said 'lazy sod' would be mildly miffed if he heard himself be called as such. He knew he had been laying around a lot recently but, to be fair, he was struggling. That and he found it hard to stray too far from his cousin, wishing to be a watchful eye over her. That is what landed him here, approaching the small group of three with interest. He recognized them from their appearance in the home he shared with his younger cousin.

He was surprised to find the feline practicing with a bow and arrow, wondering where she had gotten the supplies. He ought to check his stash when he returned, having a feeling he would find some missing. He would come to a stop beside his cousin, greeting the other two with a nod of his head. He hadn't been able to properly practice in a long while, finding his prosthetic to cause issues. The paw that was now made of plastic had been the one to hold the bow steady before. While he hadn't practiced since they reached the marsh, he had brought the bow and arrow for when the knight decided to pick it up. It had taken some time to adapt but, he was sure that he could get it down again if given a few minutes.

"Are zou 'aving fun?" he would ask, eyes looking at the arrows sticking out of the bark. He hadn't been around for the firing of said arrows so, he could place no critique on her posture. He lifted up on hind paws, front paw pressing against the bark as he squinted at the arrows. Yeah, definitely his. Huffing, he dropped back down to all fours and shook his head, giving her a stern look.
SO CRAWL ON MY BELLY 'TIL THE SUN GOES DOWN
I'LL NEVER WEAR YOUR BROKEN CROWN
Reggan

Re: ROOTIN TOOTIN SHOOTIN ☆ archery - S. PENDRAGON - 09-22-2020

WHEN THE COLD WIND IS A-CALLING
Glancing up from her writing, she turned over to see that Aurum had approached her or rather the arrows that were embedded within the tree's bark. Sophiea watched him with a blink of her icy blue eyes only to speak up "Nor do I, the last time I've seen anyone fire an arrow was both my bugger of a brother and my cousin." That had been months ago before she had came here to Tanglewood, she remembered firing her own arrows but her movements had been guided by someone very dear to her "And Chevalier." She would say in a quieter voice as her eyes took on a distant glow to them yet she managed to shake herself out of it. Upon hearing what Aurum said next, the small femme would snort quietly to herself before replying with a tilt of her cranium "Admittedly, I have not... Due to personal reasons and actually settling down here. Archery wasn't priority at the time,"

Once more, the vulpine showed up at the scene and Sophiea can only imagine how frustrating it was to follow after her patient like a nanny would with a child though the thought itself made her amused, it didn't cease the nagging in her mind. Sophiea watched intently as Kiira pulled out her own journal before writing down that what Sophi was doing now looked rather difficult and it was for first times anyways but it had been hard to get used to the feeling after it being months of using a bow. "It is quite difficult though after you get used to the feeling of the bow and arrows, it gradually gets easier. I can't say the same when you actually fire and aim though, that takes practice." Then Kiira requested if Sophiea could fire once more, the feline saw no harm in that and would nod slowly "Of course." Setting down her own journal, Sophi would pick up the bow once more though her movements were a bit delayed upon the arrival of her cousin.

"Yes," She would answer though she watched as he stood on his hind legs to get a glimpse of the arrows and see if they were his, Sophiea only blinking as he shook his head at her wearing a stern expression. She couldn't help but roll her eyes as she would say "Don't give me that look, they were collecting dust. Besides, I believe I could use these a lot more than you." Not waiting for any form of argument, Sophiea adjusted her poise raising the bow once more and placing an arrow forward before pulling on the nook. Lifting it just as bit before letting it soar through the air and penetrate one of the arrows that were already there. She set the bow down only to glance over at Eternalknight with a faint smile on her maw and a devilish glint in her eyes.
AND THE SKY IS CLEAR AND BRIGHT
MISTY MOUNTAINS SING AND BECKON, LEAD ME OUT INTO THE LIGHT
Reggan