Beasts of Beyond
THE STRANGER | m+g / ask me anything - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: THE STRANGER | m+g / ask me anything (/showthread.php?tid=12671)

THE STRANGER | m+g / ask me anything - gael - 08-31-2020

[align=center]
GAEL Ó BROIN
The vulpine never presented himself as anything other than how he was.  He saw no cause to be anything but straightforward.  Consequently, it may seem odd to those who knew the Faerie as more private to reach out in a social manner -- in light of his recent rise to power however, it served as a perfectly logical course of action.

With a number of newcomers stepping into the scene, Gael had it in mind the socialization would be beneficial.  However diverse the Pitt may be, they stood strong as a united people -- community and comradeship were essential to a faction against the world.

Sitting among the marketplace, the new Ardent observed the daily hustle through golden eyes.  Might as well.  The vulpine rarely diverted from his daily routine after all -- a new routine would likely begin soon however, with new responsibility.

"Consider this something of a meet and greet! I know there are many of you who are new." Gael rose his voice, ears twitching.  "Feel free to ask me anything -- or each other, as you feel comfortable."

"For those who don't know me, I am your Ardent, Gael.  I lived among the Pitt for a little over a year now, and will do my best to answer any questions you may have."

// Mobile
"I AM A STONE" —-- gael ó broin / faerie / ardent / lamby

Re: THE STRANGER | m+g / ask me anything - aine. - 09-01-2020

[table][tr][td]
AINE NÍ BROIN
FLESHWEAVER
FAE DRUID
INFORMATION
[/td][td]
[div style="width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #2e8b57; text-align: left; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px"]I'LL C[color=#36829c]OME BACK WHEN YOU CALL ME
A meet and greet?  Aine wasn't so sure she heard right.  Her father usually left such things to... Well anyone else.  He just wasn't that social.  Twitching her ears, the petite deer-fox slowly trotted over.

She hummed softly, taking a seat close to him, glancing at her hooves for a moment before deciding... She might as well.  Say something.  "'m Aine.  I um- 'm a Fleshweaver.  Or um.  Healer here."

"'an... 'm Gael's daughter."

Her wings shuffled at her sides.  "I.  I don' have any questions, da," she murmured after a moment.  He was her father after all.  What was there to really ask?
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: THE STRANGER | m+g / ask me anything - T. ROUX - 09-02-2020

you think you know about me
Next to approach was the draconic jaguar, his tufted ears perked forward at the call of a meet and greet. His whiskers would twitch lightly in thought wondering if he really wanted to learn more about the vulpine that housed him. He already knew Gael but he supposed that it wouldn't hurt a little more. Walking over with a lash of his mottled tail, the boy would approach both his best friend and her father with his heterochromatic eyes fixated onto the recently promoted Ardent.

With a cocky grin on his maw, Trygve would finally speak "I needn't introduce myself since you sigh at the mere mention of me." He would sit down slowly curling his tail around his large paws nodding a bit "But I'll humor you." Tongue swiped across his lips, he took a moment for that to sink before he would utter his name "Trygve Amadeus R-.... Just Trygve..." He appeared troubled in that moment though it was brushed off. He didn't feel as if he could introduce himself as a Roux, it felt odd... Wrong in a sense. A Roux in the Pitt. The only time that was a thing was when family was captured not because they had chose to stay there. He was not a Roux was his conclusion, he couldn't be... Elduin had said so.

"Uhh... Of all games that you make me participate with you... Why chess?" Yeah, that seemed like a decent enough inquiry.
BUT YOU DON'T KNOW REALLY WHAT YOU'RE TALKING 'BOUT
YOU ACT AS IF I WAS BORN YESTERDAY, BUT WON'T YOU SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH
Reggan

Re: THE STRANGER | m+g / ask me anything - VALE - 09-03-2020

“I heard a rumor you were an immortal little weirdo. Fablability? Fly-air? That true, little boss man?” Vale asked. The sarcasm dripped in zir voice, as much as the blood dripping down zir neck. The jaguar’s jaw cracked and splintered, splitting into two halves.

The melanistic feline huffed, sighed, and stopped to sit down for a second. With one paw, ze pushed one half of the jaw up. The bones cracked again, then stitched themselves back up. In a second, ze looked normal as ever. Except for the giant pair of leather wings jutting out of zir back.

“Sorry about the gore, the jaw is always the most annoying thing. Did you know it’s usually the densest bone in any given animal’s body? Makes it a pain in the ass when shapehifting goes awry. Sometimes literally!” Vale sighed dramatically, pushed zir jaw to the side, and grimaced as it popped twice. “So much better.”

The jaguar’s tail flicked, kicking up dirt, and Vale looked back at the ardent as if ze only just remembered ze asked him a question. “Oh, while we’re talking about your species, do you happen to lay eggs? Eggshells are an awesome source of calcium, and my favorite way to supplement my diet to keep this weird jaw shit from happening.” Ze rolled zir eyes. “Ugh. You don’t look cool enough to lay eggs. Usually you gotta have feathers or some shit.”
pittian ★ melanistic jaguar ★ literally chaos
[sup]template made by tikki[/sup]

Re: THE STRANGER | m+g / ask me anything - gael - 09-04-2020

[align=center]
GAEL Ó BROIN
The sight of his daughter is a warm one -- inciting a gentle smile as she offered her own introduction.  The lack of questions made perfect sense, of course and the vulpine twitched his ear as Trygve followed Aine's appearance; an increasingly common occurrence.

The Ardent nearly did sigh, brows raising briefly as the draconic jaguar offered his question.  "If you have to ask, then you're missing the point, Trygve.  There are many lessons to be learned in a game of chess."

Gael then inclined his head as Vale spoke -- more mildly bemused than disgusted or irritated.  The vulpine had seen enough 'gore' in his life; the jaguar's unique manner of shifting hardly affronted him.  It came with the inquiry of whether ze felt pain in the movement or had simply grown accustomed to the rough-looking changes however.

"Faerie," he answers simply.  "I will rather refrain from specifying how old I am exactly but it does mean I am rather ageless if that suffices to answer your question." In truth, centuries of time dulled his interest in keeping track.

"I may be fae, but I am still a fox, Vale -- no eggs."  The vulpine had no inkling as to where that thought could have originated, a rare glint of bewilderment in his eyes.
"I AM A STONE" —-- gael ó broin / faerie / ardent / lamby

Re: THE STRANGER | m+g / ask me anything - VALE - 09-07-2020

Vale’s muzzle scrunched, the fur rippling from zir lips all the way to zir temples. Zir skull cracked open behind both ears, ram horns twisting out and caked in goop. Blood dripped to the sand—nothing more than three drops on either side. “How disappointing. What’s the point of being a faerie if you’re basically a long-lived fox? Boring!”

Rolling zir red eyes, Vale tilted zir head, testing out the weight of the continuously growing horns. “What a shame. Do we have chickens or something running around here? I mean, I can munch on bones all damned day, but I get bored of the taste, you know? Need some variety to my diet.”

pittian ★ jaguar sprouting horns ★ literally chaos
[sup]template made by tikki[/sup]

Re: THE STRANGER | m+g / ask me anything - TIXIJ - 09-08-2020

[shadow=black,left]THE QUIET ONE[/shadow]
condemnant quo non intellegunt
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Quiet came almost as if she had been there the entire time. For a moment, there was nothing but thin air at the back of the crowd. The next, the maned wolf sat there, materializing without a sound to peer curiously at the group of Pittians surrounding their new leader. They were conversing, it seemed, bouncing questions off of Gael.

Quiet wasn't sure how to vocalize her own questions. She hardly knew him. Every night since her joining, she had looked at the night sky, hoping to see Silent's imposing figure nestled comfortably in the shadows—he had been there, during her Blooding, and then he had disappeared, leaving another to take up his duty as their leader.

A leader she did not know. She wasn't sure how to feel about that.

"What—" Her voice came raspy and uncertain, hard from the many months she had gone without speaking. It was the first time she'd ever formed words since joining the Pitt, and honestly she would have preferred to go longer, but she doubted she could ask any questions without speaking them first. Her curiosity grew the more their new leader spoke, and she finally indulged, allowing more words to slip past her teeth. "What is a faerie?"
[table][tr][td]
5 YEARS
[/td][td]
PITTIAN
[/td][td]
THE PITT
[/td][td]
SHE/HER
[/td][td]
© AUDACITY
[/td][/tr][/table]
A SWEET SHOT OF KEROSENE:

Re: THE STRANGER | m+g / ask me anything - j a c k . - 09-08-2020

"good question." Jack strolled over with quiet's voice on the cusp of the wind. He felt no stiffness in his joints, though they ached. The winter in his spine on the cust of the decaying horizon. No the jungle didn't feel the taint of fall as freshly as most other places. But it were in the air, the taste of fallen leaves, it was felt in the dirt, when in the humid branches of a spring growth. New life; Fall promised new growth, of renewal. Salem was such a softie- always looking at the brighter sides of things. No - the death came after- didn't it? It was rare for anything to survive a winter. Winter hardened life, it solidified the gentle breeze into feral teeth nipping at any weary person.

His bones ached, but it wasnt truly because of the turn of the seasons, such a thing were trivial- it were common. No it were the creek of power in his bones. It bursts out in an unsteady torrent. It breathed ice and constricted the air in his own lungs: felt a lot like holding his breath. After a while it would become uncomfortable.

Of course, this kind of interrogation wasn't for Jack, and he didn't answer. Only smiled in a way that held the tiny veil of teeth. It wasn't a threat- but the slit flash of fang was not something that should ever be ignored from a hunter. One of bugs turned bloody- savage. hardened not by winter but by desert sands. Kill or be killed. A poise of a gentleman was only so telling- after all.

"Gael, where do you see yourself in five years?" Jack asked- a deflection but- the interest that sparks the small creature's frame is there. Childlike, curious; chilling- intent. Something ancient and ageless stirs in a few of them, Jack's own reflecting in his eyes for a small moment. Wise beyond his appeared age. Something staring back towards the ardent like a dare, a challenge poised in such a careful question. "How about the Pitt?"

Re: THE STRANGER | m+g / ask me anything - T. ROUX - 09-13-2020

THE GOLD IS SLEEPING IN THE RIVER
His snout wrinkled at the answer that he had gotten from Gael though he was amused by it, chess wasn't his most favorite game but it definitely kept him still in one spot for several hours. It was tiresome and made him realize that his horns tended to make his neck hurt from their weight, probably another reason why he should trim them down though that was due to sitting for hours, he supposed. Many lessons. Like what? His ass hurting for sitting so long? "Maybe I'd learn a bit better if ya let me win, old man." A smirk on his maw at this point but he was messing around with Gael, he knew he could do so without being sent away by a gust of wind but the draconic boy also was aware of not stepping over boundaries. After all, he respected Gael and cared for him.

He'd listen to the others questions and it made him think a bit, he wondered what he could or couldn't ask though he decided to remain quiet until a question presented itself in his mind. What could he ask Gael? The Pitt. His paws shuffled slightly only to find himself speaking "When you were deciding on places go join... Why did you pick the Pitt?" He was genuinely curious and hoped that it wasn't too personal, he would add with his ears pinned against his head "Just curious," Maybe if Gael and Aine had come to the Typhoon... Things could've been different but even now, he was happy where he was and couldn't complain too much.
BUT THE FLOWER'S IN MY HAND
WITH A PALER LEAF AND BROKEN PETAL, I'LL PAINT THE KING AND QUEEN
Reggan