Beasts of Beyond
I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A COWARD // Tanglewood visit - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A COWARD // Tanglewood visit (/showthread.php?tid=12611)

I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A COWARD // Tanglewood visit - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 08-26-2020

[glow=white,1,400]LOOK INTO MY EYES, WE ARE NOT THE SAME !。+゚.[/glow]
God, he didn't want to do this. Going to someone for help was a sign of weakness in Vigenere's eyes, and despite the fact that The Typhoon were allies, he felt ashamed of having to go to them to seek help - especially after Goldenluxury had gone out of her way (not to mention, ALONE) to rescue him.

Sighing, Vigenere sat down at the gate and rang the bell to signal he was here. Better now than never, I suppose.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A COWARD // Tanglewood visit - GEORGIA. - 08-26-2020

Georgia didn't know what she was doing by the edge of the territory. She'd hardly left her home; much less traveled to the outer reaches of their territory. She gained no satisfaction by realizing she was by the bell, her paws in the sand. The water wasn't but a few feet away; Georgia stared at it emptily, using her abilities to push it away from the shore. She reluctantly turned her gaze onto Vigenere, and was met with a marshy, swamp-like smell of Tanglewood.

"What do you want?" She asked bluntly.
© LEXASPERATED
[align=left]
THE SEA WAVES ARE MY EVENING GOWN:

Re: I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A COWARD // Tanglewood visit - Keona. - 08-26-2020

[align=center]
If I fall, get knocked down, pick myself up off the ground
When the scent of the swamp reached the tiny dealer, she turned on her paws swiftly and headed for the gate, ears perking at the clear sound of the bells.  While she did not know the Luminary well, she more than appreciated the time he had brought Goldenluxury home.  If he hadn't been there... Well.  He had saved their captain and that was what was important.  A feat the petite fae did not plan on forgetting.

Her pale hues flickered upwards, curious.  "Aloha, Vigenere."  In the light of recent news, Keona suspected this was no simple visitation.  "What can we help you with?"
✯ — keona sibéal ní faoláin. female. dealer of the typhoon. blind. rusty spotted cat.  ref. bio.

Re: I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A COWARD // Tanglewood visit - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 08-26-2020

Vigenere wasn't expecting to be greeted by such a blunt tone and simply blinked at Georgia at first, though he quickly shrugged that feeling off whenever Keona came over; it was likely that Georgia hadn't been around for whenever he had saved Goldenluxury, so how would she would've known about it?

"Hey, Keona. I came here to ask if you guys had any medics you could spare for some training in Tanglewood." Vigenere replied to both Georgia and Keona. "Delilah just, ah... passed away a couple days ago, which leaves us without anyone with medical knowledge." He frowned. "I hate to ask for help like this, but I know nothing about herbs or medical knowledge, other than some basic things, so I was hoping one of your medics could stay for a couple of days and teach us." Just in case an emergency came up, y'know?[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A COWARD // Tanglewood visit - roan ; - 08-27-2020

Vigenere. So, this was whom Goldie had gone on her ill-advised little solo trip to The Pitt for? He certainly didn't look like much, and Roan couldn't help the almost nonexistent level of respect that he felt for the other as he padded over. He knew that Tanglewood was an ally, but why did cousin Goldie have to stick her neck out, when it was obvious that he couldn't handle things? He had let himself get captured, and now he was saying that the group didn't even have a medic? It was pitiful, although Roan kept those thoughts to himself as he sat down next to Keona, listening to Vig's plea. A soft sigh left the Soothsayer before he spoke, "I suppose that you would be looking for me, then. I am Roan, and I'm the Soothsayer here in The Typhoon. While I do believe that anyone in the Necro Mambas would be able to assist you, I'm the one with the most formal training, and experience." He glanced towards Keona and Georgia, biting down on the inside of his cheek before continuing, "I would be willing to go and teach some of you... although The Typhoon is currently in the process of searching for some sages of our own. I'd like to make sure that everyone is safe, before I go anywhere." He knew that the Necro Mambas could handle themselves, but none of them usually showed up as quickly as he did. Could he really risk being gone, even for just a few days?
ROAN Ó FOALÁIN-ROUX - THE TYPHOON - SOOTHSAYER
[sup]template made by tikki[/sup]

Re: I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A COWARD // Tanglewood visit - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 08-28-2020

The sigh that escaped the newcomer - Roan, as he introduced himself - caught Vigenere offguard, and the savannah frowned. Roan revealed that The Typhoon only had one official medic (and more with the 'Necro Mambas', whatever that is) and that he was really the only one with the proper knowledge. That was worrying too; what if something happened why Roan was gone?

Tanglewood could visit The Typhoon for training, but at the same time, leaving the camp vulnerable like that wasn't smart at all; it couldn't happen. "I completely understand that." Vigenere responded, dipping his head in respect to Roan. "If need be, I can send a couple of people at a time, perhaps? If that would make it easier on you?"[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A COWARD // Tanglewood visit - roan ; - 08-30-2020

Tanglers coming around for training in The Typhoon... it was hardly a bad idea, especially considering it was obvious Tanglewood would need some protection to stay behind. The thought of teaching even more pupils made Roan cringe slightly, but he was never one to back down from a challenge, not even when he felt exhausted. Regarding the other leader with a short nod, the draconic feline spoke softly, "You sending members here to train sounds good to me. That way you get the training you need, and neither of our homes are left entirely undefended. I'm fine with that... and I'm sure Goldie would be as well. She's never really been one for rejecting allies in need of assistance." Part of the soothsayer was even surprised that Goldie hadn't yet come over to greet Vigenere. However, she had been going through a lot lately, so he couldn't say he blamed her. It wasn't as if he or Keona couldn't go and tell her what the Tanglewood leader had come for, either.
ROAN Ó FOALÁIN-ROUX - THE TYPHOON - SOOTHSAYER
[sup]template made by tikki[/sup]

Re: I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A COWARD // Tanglewood visit - bubblegum - 08-31-2020

DEAR FRIEND as you know,  your flowers are withering
your mother's gone insane, your leaves have drifted away.
but the clouds are clearing up
and i've come reveling, burning incandescently,
like a bastard on the burning sea.

YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER,
BURIED DEEP UNDER THE WATER.
The smell of Tanglewood on the female's senses was curious, but not particularly surprising. Perhaps Vigenere had seen it fit to offer gifts after his absence and return, or maybe he'd more information they didn't go over before. Or maybe he was just saying hi. Either way, the tigress would see to it she'd approach, even if it appeared she was a little late, based off the crowd already gathered around the male. Her feathered ear tips swiveled forward, listening in so she may not be behind once she did get there. The request she managed to hear was unexpected, but familiar. Though the situation was much more different now than when she'd attempted to sneak herbs to the Rosebloods. The thought of such a thing, though, did cause slight worry. She did not wish for the Typhoon's greatest ally to suffer the same fate as the rest. (Maybe that, too, was a curse she'd not considered before.)

It seems they'd figured out a negotiation that would work for both sides thanks to Roan, though his seeming coldness to the leader did take her off guard. "You should see to it you learn more than the basics, too, Vigenere. Thas' an important skill for everyone t' have." She'd offer both as a slight lecture as well as advice. She did not mind the idea of them coming for help - they scratched each other's backs, after all. "We have plenty o' books in our lighthouse for the subject as well." Although, didn't Tanglewood have their own library? They could study on their own turf as well.
[div style="font-size: 11px; color: #008ab5; font-family: georgia; text-align: center; line-height: 100%; word-spacing: 10px; padding: 3%;"]ϟ    ϟ    ϟ
[i][b]whose side are you on? [color=#008ab5]what side is this anyway?

put  down  your  sword  and  crown,
come  lay  with  me  on  the  ground.
you come beating like moth's wings, spastic and violently,
whipping me into a storm shaking me down to the core.

Re: I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A COWARD // Tanglewood visit - ROXANNE R. - 09-01-2020

me dejaste, me dejaste en un tango
Ah, it was Vigenere.

Walking over with both ears perked forward, the Officer would move to brush against Roan offering a soft smile. Though her mismatched gaze would turn in the direction of the Tanglewood Luminary, her whiskers twitching lightly as she nodded slowly in agreement to what Goldenluxury had said. If Vigenere lacked healers, it was best that he learned the basics himself. A leader who couldn't treat his own wounds would only provide more work to future healers if they were ever absent, Roxanne would keeping note that she would likely do the same and attend Roan's lessons. "Definitely, an important skill... Especially if you're far from home," Oh, how convenient it would have been to have that knowledge when she had been stuck in the Pitt.

EN EL ALMA SE ME FUE, SE ME FUE EL CORAZÓN
YA NO TENGO GANAS DE VIVIR, PORQUE NO TE PUEDO CONVENCER
QUE NO TE VENDAS, ROXANNE
Reggan

Re: I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A COWARD // Tanglewood visit - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 09-01-2020

[glow=white,1,400]LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH AGAIN !。+゚.[/glow]
Ah, there was Goldenluxury - who was soon joined by Roxanne, of course. Vigenere dipped his head towards the two (mostly Goldie) and nodded in agreement with Goldie's words. "For sure, I definitely plan on stopping by whenever I have the time to." He replied, tail flicking in thought whenever Goldie brought up Typhoon's libraries. "Tanglewood has one, too." He confirmed the Captain's thoughts, despite not hearing them (he had no right trying to pry into her mind anyway). "I don't think anyone has tried to clean it up after the tremors, though, I doubt we'll be able to find one." Not quickly enough, anyway.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]