Beasts of Beyond
AND IF VENICE IS SINKING + RECONSTRUCTION TASKS - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: AND IF VENICE IS SINKING + RECONSTRUCTION TASKS (/showthread.php?tid=11961)

Pages: 1 2

AND IF VENICE IS SINKING + RECONSTRUCTION TASKS - toboggan - 05-27-2020

There'd been some structural damage that the territory sustained due to the recent tremors, though the brunt of the breakage occurred in the town. Broken things do not fix themselves, so in order for the group to resume a state of fortitude, a collective effort must be made. In the past, the weekly tasks that were handed out composed of lighthearted feats which focused on community growth and interaction; the tasks that Leroy had in store for volunteers today weren't of that sort. These tasks were laborious, and centered on restoring the weakened territory to what it once was. Not everybody was required to assist, and tasks would be issued out to individuals based on their known capabilities.

"Tanglewood!" he hollers, loud enough to hear his gruff voice reverberate off of some distant buildings, "c'mere if ya'd like to do somethin' about the earthquake that decided to fuck us over!"

Re: AND IF VENICE IS SINKING + RECONSTRUCTION TASKS - Blazic - 05-27-2020

[align=center]
[align=center]
SNARL

[align=center]

Snarl was waiting for this announcement, since the leader had announced it was coming. Quick on the drop -- some part of her mind mused that someone had to be, what with Wormyboy gone -- she trotted up towards the town center.
"Can help. Someone's gotta do the lifting, eh? Whadda ya want?"

The hyena still looked half-starved, fur still lusterless; but today her eyes were bright. Things to do. Always more things to do. She wouldn't be dissuaded.

Physical || Scent || Group ||   Roleplayer

Re: AND IF VENICE IS SINKING + RECONSTRUCTION TASKS - BLOODHOUND. - 05-28-2020

They had spent the better part of the day dressing the crow's wing with a few scraps of fabric they had torn from their own nest of blankets, delicately trying to set the bones of a very upset bird in pain. They had not given up on the little thing yet, but doubts had begun to form in their mind. It finally had settled in to rest, after all the struggling and prodding, and Bloodhound decided that perhaps.... they needed time to think.

Was this right? Keeping a bird away from the wild like this, even if it was injured? What if its wing never did heal? What then?

Lost in their thoughts, Bloodhound had not been far from the square when they'd heard Leroy's voice. The gruff tones snapped them out of their thoughts, and they ventured closer, eager to help where they could. They found themself eyeing the hyena next to them out of curiosity, she was a bit thin and scrappy, but her eyes were filled with determination. It was certainly something that renewed their own, especially with how low the spirits were, as of late.

They supposed introductions could happen later, but they did note that she smelled very unfamiliar. Like burnt fur and flesh. Perhaps she was new, as well.

"I too, will lend my strength. What do you need?"
THE TRUE TEST IS BEFORE THE ALLFATHER.

Re: AND IF VENICE IS SINKING + RECONSTRUCTION TASKS - alaric g. - 05-29-2020

Becoming host to a displaced family wasn't Alaric's preference, but with how many were homeless due to the collapse of worn, rickety homesteads, he'd tried to be as best of a welcoming roommate as he could. Doing so hadn't been incredibly hard so far, save for the first few days where his new "friends" had yet to learn of Alaric's disinclination for needless social interaction.

Nevertheless, the newly-promoted Chaser would approach the Tanglewood general in order to receive a task of his own. "I'd like one as well," the tabby stated flatly. He wasn't as large or physically gifted as Bloodhound or Snarl, but he was sure that Leroy would find a way to put his talents to use.
don't do love, don't do friends

Re: AND IF VENICE IS SINKING + RECONSTRUCTION TASKS - toboggan - 05-29-2020

A minuscule smile broke out upon his visage in reaction to the initial volunteers' respective arrivals. Snarl, having recently reentered the daily rat race after a stint of inactivity, seemed eager to help out. Taking her less-than-stable bodily condition into account, Leroy figured that assigning her a demanding task would be inappropriate - though, he appreciated her keenness, and did not plan to entrust her with an effortless job. Also appreciated was the presence of Bloodhound, whose stay with the tribe began recently. They displayed strong will during the tremors, selflessly running into the fray with the hopes of providing aid, and that was a choice that the general had no intentions of forgetting. And, lastly, there was Alaric. The fresh Chaser had an aura of potential about him, and his decision to support the reconstruction endeavour demonstrated his gusto for accepting vital responsibilities. Leroy liked that.

"Good ta see all of ya," he greets, dipping his noggin in an obliged gesture, "can't say these'll be as fun as other miscellaneous weekly tasks, but your service is immensely cherished." There were a good few tasks he had in mind for himself, as well. For example, the hound planned to survey the landscape and the landmarks that dotted it, in an attempt to discern which points of interest needed to be torn down; and which spots could be perfect for new ones. "Now, let's see here..." he begins, flipping through his mental list of tasks he'd thought up, "[member=8853]Snarl[/member], I need ya to head on over to the junkyard, and stockpile some sturdy material. I'm talkin' steel, blocks of concrete, bricks, maybe even gypsum. In order to build new stuff, we need materials, and I'm confident that you're able to accumulate some of the heavier stuff; and feel free to get others to tag along as well."

Next, he fixates his attention on Bloodhound. "[member=14157]BLOODHOUND.[/member]," he commences, "the meteor didn't do much to the majority of our forest, but its force knocked down a good amount of trees in the westernmost reaches of our territory, especially towards the Typhoon; I'm guessin' this is because of gravity or somethin', since it was really low in the atmosphere at this point. Those fallen trees make for exceptional lumber, so your task is to haul back as much wood as you can. Like what I said to Snarl, feel free to enlist some helping hands. Ya should bring some saws to cut the wood smaller (but not too small), and find a sled so that ya can move it easily."

"And, [member=12638]alaric g.[/member]," he says, finally, "your job is to clean up that fuckin' library. It's a fuckin' mess in there, and books're all over the place. But, I think you've got the patience to handle a task like this. The books need to be picked up, and sorted along the shelves; I don't care how you sort 'em, as long as it's not done randomly. Capiche?"

Re: AND IF VENICE IS SINKING + RECONSTRUCTION TASKS - KETER. - 05-30-2020

A BED BIG ENOUGH TO SLEEP IN AS I ROLL AROUND AT NIGHT
The wolfdog was still in their bed, when they heard the call to action. It wasn't far, and they felt obligated to help where they could. Especially after what the other Tanglers had done for them. The level of kindness and understanding that they had been given meant a lot to them, and they were happy to have an opportunity to give back.

Keter had gotten out of bed and stretched, shaking out their fur, and headed over towards the sound of Leroy's voice. A few others had arrived before them, and had already received their tasks.

"I want to help too." They say, eyes bright and tail wagging.
[div style="width: 62%;font-family: georgia;font-size: 8pt;color: #hexcode;text-align: right;margin-top: -5px;"]code by spacexual

Re: AND IF VENICE IS SINKING + RECONSTRUCTION TASKS - ROXANNE R. - 05-31-2020

[glow=white,1,400]I LOVE YOU, CANNIBAL QUEEN !。+゚.[/glow]
Walking over with a small skip in her step, the Reaver of the Typhoon made sure to approach rather calmly. She had offered to help Tanglewood as much as she could seeing that she was from a close ally, both ears perked forward and a small smile tugged on her maw. Her gaze locking onto the Tanglewood general unable to hold her breath much longer and parted her jaws to speak "I'll take a task and help as much as I can," The feline would sit down slowly only to curl her tail around her forepaws neatly, things were going to be quite busy within Tanglewood but that was a good thing. They would rebuild what was lost. Or that's what she was aiming for anyways, a sigh left her. This was going to take a lot of work and cooperation. [glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: AND IF VENICE IS SINKING + RECONSTRUCTION TASKS - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 05-31-2020

[glow=white,1,400]YOU FUCKING DISAPPOINT ME !。+゚.[/glow]
Should he be sitting down and letting his paw heal? Yeah, probably. Was he going to? Nope, fuck that. "I'll take one, Leroy." Vigenere spoke as he came over, trying to hide the limp in his step as he walked. There was no way he was just sitting around doing nothing.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: AND IF VENICE IS SINKING + RECONSTRUCTION TASKS - OCTANE. - 06-01-2020

[align=center]
[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
OCTANE AND CAUSTIC
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
[b]"I'll take a task, Leroy." Octane says, memeing his way to the area.

"The same for me," Caustic nods, coming to the daredevil's side.

[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Original code by lexasperated / artwork by quibbs, commissioned by dangerjunkie

Re: AND IF VENICE IS SINKING + RECONSTRUCTION TASKS - suvi. - 06-01-2020

[table][tr][td]
SUVI KIIRA NÍ FAOLÁIN
MEDIC / BETA
TAGS && INFO
[/td][td]
[div style="width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #c48d85; text-align: left; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px"]T͏O̴G͠ETH͏ER̕ ÁT̴ ̸T̕H̶E ST͏ART̶ O͏F̀ ̵TI̡M͏E
Strange.  To be walking through the town from a different house.  Displaced, when the roof caved over her home of two years, the petite vixen had found herself residing in Torren's house for the time being.  She didn't want to bother anyone else.  She knew her friend wouldn't mind.  The wildcat himself was likely out seeking his wanderer of a sister.  The medic hoped he hadn't been injured by any tremors.

Silently, she padded into the crowd, offering a simple nod in request to Leroy.  She'd help however she could, the best she could.
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI