Beasts of Beyond
DEAD MAN WALKING ☆ visiting - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: DEAD MAN WALKING ☆ visiting (/showthread.php?tid=11134)

DEAD MAN WALKING ☆ visiting - redvox. - 01-26-2020

REDVOX "VINNY" ABRAMO - cis male - goat-bat hybrid - harbinger
[Image: pEeXKGc.png]
It had been quite a while since the hybrid had let his wings linger against the edge of the Pitt's border, his nose filled with the scent of the desert along with a heavy lingering stench of blood, although the latter had somewhat faded as of late. This place had once served as his temporary home, and although he had left it, that didn't mean that he had felt any sort of resentment for it. Sure, he hadn't agreed with their practices, and that's why he had gone off to reform the Halls, but that didn't mean he hated or even mildly disliked those that lived within the Pitt. They had been like family to him for the brief time he had been here, and while he had still interacted with some of them semi-recently – such as Gael and Aine – there was one person in particular that had been on his mind ever since he had left. One canine that he had become fast friends with, and who had wormed his way aggressively into the gat's heart, even when he hadn't been expecting it at all. That was, of course, Auggie. August had been an unexpected addition to his little group of friends, considering the other had once been a slave, but not an unwelcome one. The two of them had interacted kindly with each other, and Vinny had loved their simple and quiet moments together.

The harbinger of the Halls had tried his best not to let his mind linger too much on the emotions that Auggie had made him feel. After all, the other had just been a close friend, that was all. Sure, he'd occasionally make Vin go speechless when he said something sweet or did something particularly cute, and Vinny had been willing to protect the other to the death back when the attack on the Pitt had happened, but that didn't mean anything... Bertille, he was really in deep, wasn't he? If Vin had ever taken a moment to be honest with himself, he would've known well that he had it bad for Auggie, to the point where, when the other had disappeared after Kydobi's death, it had been a motivating factor in him leaving. He just hadn't been able to wake up every day and do his normal routine minus the one canine that was able to make him smile so wide the sparkle of his fangs rivaled the sun. However, after Gael and Aine had come to attend the Festival of Bertille within the Halls, Vox had heard that apparently Auggie was around the Pitt again, and Vinny would've been lying if he said that hadn't made his heart soar a little bit.

So, after the Festival had ended and things had finally begun to wind down again in the Halls, Vinny had left Aslisk in charge for a couple of days, putting together a large basket of flowers and herbs and even a few bits of jewelry to bring to the Pitt. He might've been going just for Auggie deep down, but that didn't mean he couldn't bring the rest of the group a gift, right? The trek to the desert that The Pitt resided in had been an arduous one, and Vin was infinitely glad when it was over and he was finally resting at the edge of the jungle the Pittians called home, but he still didn't regret a second of it. Clearing his throat, the hybrid hesitated for only a moment before calling out, "'Ey, is anybody here? It's Redvox, th'leader of the Halls of Hiraeth. I used t'live here, and I wanted t'come and visit everybody. Uh, Auggie, in particular? If he's here..." His voice was slightly timid, wary of any newcomers that might've shown up after he had left, but he hoped he wouldn't have to deal with anybody attacking him on sight.

[member=4568]-- august[/member] 

Re: DEAD MAN WALKING ☆ visiting - fulzanin - 01-27-2020

decisions to decisions are made and not bought
The smell of blood and burnt earth had quickly become ordinary enough to be ignored by the insect. After all, Astiar practically lived here. The insect was no stranger to leaving the territory in search of food. Hunger was a massive problem. Prey was scarce for those who ate flesh, and plants were seldom as well. The massive dragon was of the latter group, surprisingly enough, but thankfully it meant that Astiar was rather harmless. The creature didn't have to eat food that, with his appetite, would likely prove problematic for the group that he tended to reside in. Eating plant matter meant that he was less of a hindrance. Eating mostly trees only furthered such a thing. Emotions and relationships were far over the cicada's head. They didn't click in his simple mind, they didn't apply. However, emotions and relationships not clicking didn't mean that he wasn't able to use such a thing. Curiosity was his best exhibition of Astiar's basic usage of emotions. Relationships? Well, he certainly wouldn't have been able to understand Redvox's feelings if he, himself, wasn't able to shift through them all.

The dragon had likely been about to leave the territory in order to find a suitable meal when he noticed the Gat. Near immediately Astiar stopped flying and heavily landed. He charged over like an excited puppy, loudly chattering as he did so. As simple as his mind was, recognizing people with his sharp eyes was something he was capable of doing. Once he finally did get close, his mind proposed for him to do his common iteration of greeting the Harbringer: loud buzzing and scraping at the ground. However, in addition, he now had another form of communication to use. "NO FOOD GREETING SMALL NO FOOD LIGHT GREETING HIVE NO FOOD," came the burst of mental noise from the bug - screaming and as noisy as he vocally was. Charging into people's minds to speak his almost nonsense. Once he finished he continued standing there. Just because he could barely speak didn't mean that he was capable of understanding the Harbringer's complex statements of wanting to see someone in particular. His wings buzzed noisily, head craning down a little. Astiar was thrilled to see someone familiar, especially someone that fell under the 'hive' term of his mind.

control yourself and take only what you need from it

TAGS 9/4/19:

Re: DEAD MAN WALKING ☆ visiting - beatae - 01-27-2020

i'm the treasure
[align=center]
code by spacexual
auggie hadn't regretted getting back out and active, but wow... had it been tiring making himself get up every day again. he found it hard to fathom he had done it before. getting up every morning before dawn and working for the goons that took advantage of jervis' methods. still doing that even after kydobi had placed him under his care. he wondered if doing it so consistently over so long had caused him to burn out. definitely not the after effects of his grief and general depression.

auggie had felt incredibly guilty for not giving any warning to his friends in the halls. though with all the guilt on his chest he had felt no motivation to say anything. believing they had already all moved on from him. he missed redvox, though. it hurt that he let himself believe he would just... leave him behind. truthfully he had no actual cause to go about outside of camp when he was still recovering from his lack of appetite and self care. maybe to try and get himself to do something even if it was walking about.

of course he hadn't expected to find anyone out here. so soon after jervis' execution, he didn't think anyone would want to come around for a while. he wasn't really aware of how many enemies kydobi had. his eyes squinted when he saw two figures ahead of him, first identifying astiar. the dragon was a bit difficult to forget even if he was just a blur against the sky. the second... well, he didn't want to get his hopes up.

he did anyway.

august found his pace quickening, coming closer to the border until he caught the scent. oh... wow. he was here. he was right there. right in front of him. go say something stupid. right. right he had to say something.

"i missed you." good. now stop crying and hug him. had he been crying? he put a paw to his cheek to feel a few tears and laughed, reaching his muzzle up toward the harbinger. "i'm sorry. i'm really sorry i… i'm stupid. to put it short. i got sad and stupid."

i'm the prize

Re: DEAD MAN WALKING ☆ visiting - CAUSTIC. - 01-28-2020

[table][tr][td]
  CAUSTIC
Caustic, to fill his time, made a direct beeline from the cave system he called home to the jungle outside. Moving into the caves was better for him, it gave him enough separation from the others and an actual semblance of privacy. Caustic began to wonder how long he was stuck here, but he needed to meet with the other members and inquire about the other clans. Sure, he could probably leave with little issue, but Caustic needed a group that would understand his need for privacy.
Privacy allowed him to work in dedicated silence and more vitally, let him perform his dastardly experiments below. As long as he didn't have to start asking permission to perform his process, they shouldn't have any problems.

He found the people arriving at the border to be heavily distracting. The wolf was currently collecting his next test subject, it was already damaged as he had clamped his jaws down on its hips to keep it from escape. Caustic held the the primate under him, leg applying pressure to its neck. He needed it alive, and Caustic could simulate how his gas should be reacting. Asphyxiation was impersonal, but he pulled joy from watching the primate intake the green smoke from Caustic's mouth. He wished the primate's lungs were bleeding from the inside out, fur peeling from flesh- it passed out. The wolf raised himself, grabbing the primate around the shoulders as gently as possible.

The stranger. Interacting with them was one of duties now, and Caustic found it to be heavily annoying. He turned in the direction of the smell and noise, the monkey hung loosely from his jaws. He stepped out from the trees, placing the monkey's breathing body between his legs, and letting a cloud of gas puff from his mouth.  Auggie? His eyes tracked to the dog from yesterday, the bone-chewer.
He only watched. Maybe he could pick up his test subject and leave. Didn't seem he was needed here.

TAGSPLAYLIST PENNED BY OWLIE
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: DEAD MAN WALKING ☆ visiting - redvox. - 01-28-2020

REDVOX "VINNY" ABRAMO - cis male - goat-bat hybrid - harbinger
[Image: pEeXKGc.png]
Redvox certainly couldn't say that he had forgotten about Astiar. No, the hybrid was actually fairly sure that it would've been impossible to forget about such a character, unless you received some pretty major brain damage at some point. For fuck's sake, he was a giant cicada dragon... thing. One who had actually ended up fairly attached to Redvox, as a matter of fact. In all honesty, Vinny had been thinking more about the clanmates he could actually communicate with when he thought about who he would miss in the Pitt when he left, but that didn't mean he hadn't thought about Astiar. The other was like... a big, destructive puppy. And while some might've been annoyed by that – Bertille knew that Vinny had been at one point – Vox now actually found it to be pretty charming, and cute. He still felt himself tense up slightly when the bug dragon came around, however, landing nearby and charging at him with enthusiasm. For a moment, Redvox was terrified he was about to be trampled by the creature, but thankfully instead, the only thing that happened was that his ears were full of buzzing noise... and then his mind was filled with frantic, jumbled words that made little to no sense beyond the very basics. Vinny's eyes widened considerably at this, gaping up at Astiar in surprise, before he finally spoke, "Ah... hey, Astiar. It's good t'see ya too, buddy... y'learn how to talk, or somethin'?" What Redvox had heard hadn't exactly been talking, especially since it had been projected right into his head, but that was the closest approximation he could think of for what had just happened.

However, the harbinger of the Halls was not left to ponder what had just happened for much longer. Because the next one to show up at his little visit was none other than Auggie. August, one of the people whom he had missed the most, and who was currently the subject of his – in his opinion – dumb and misguided infatuation. Still, his own worries didn't stop him from grinning as soon as Auggie came into view, and it certainly didn't stop him from moving forward, large wings wrapping around the canine to embrace him. He could hear what Auggie was saying to him, but his brain was far too preoccupied with burying his nose in the other's fur, greeted by the familiar scent of the Pitt as well as just... Auggie. It took a long moment before Vinny finally calmed himself down enough to actually respond to the other, a breathless laugh leaving him, "I missed ya too, Auggie... And it's okay. M'not mad, or anythin'. I just... I wanted t'see you again." There was so much more he wanted to say, so many words climbing to the tip of his tongue and many more dying in his throat. He couldn't even begin to truly describe how happy he was to see the other, but he was trying his best as he pressed their foreheads together, "I don't... I barely know what t'say... things've been so hectic lately, with everythin' that happened 'n' me runnin' my own place... I wish I could've visited sooner." I really, really like you, Auggie. Kept repeating over and over again in his brain, like the silent chang of a crowd eager to see them together. Still, he felt so nervous. It had been so long since he had seen Auggie, and he didn't even know if the other would feel the same. Vox might've been a little bit more concerned with the other Pittian watching them from the shadows, but he was far too wrapped up in his own predicament, as well as the fluffy male wrapped up in his arms.