Beasts of Beyond
PRIDE ;; open, return - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: PRIDE ;; open, return (/showthread.php?tid=11128)

PRIDE ;; open, return - beatae - 01-26-2020

i'm the treasure
[align=center]
code by spacexual
he hadn't really much to say. the long months in his absence were simply that. he had not been very active at all in kydobi's death. even less so for jervis' execution. something he would have once rallied for and cheered. something he would have actively participated in. without kydobi he had felt... exposed?

unprotected. his grief had made him shut away from even his close friends like redvox. something he now strongly regretted. the terrier had only just recently begun to pick up on his activity once more.

he rose, looking a bit haggard and thin. not as ghastly as when he had still been enslaved. generally... unhealthy. he felt unwell too. the cold certainly had not helped keep him well. of course the return of his friend had reached him when it occurred. he had felt elated, wanting to rush to their friends side and catch up on everything that had happened. it seemed grief had turned into an actual complete state of depression.

the terrier stood above a small pile of half-eaten bones, rummaging what he find for himself to eat. his stomach grumbled in protest for his mistreatment and inconsistency of meals. his body paying the price. the bones... would satisfy for now. he would have to find and continue searching for more later.

i'm the prize

Re: PRIDE ;; open, return - CAUSTIC. - 01-26-2020

[table][tr][td]
  CAUSTIC
Sometimes, Octane crossed his mind. A far away part of him missed the little bastard, not on the basis of feelings, but desire. Caustic had spent much of his free time outside of the games testing Octane and putting the daredevil to his limits.
Octane had been addicted to danger, and Caustic was a mobile high-risk threat to society.
Octane wasn't here, and Caustic would have to find other ways to entertain himself for research. Caustic needed test subjects, he needed to experiment. Life was meaningless without the active pursuit of knowledge.
This group didn't impress him, but he also didn't mind it. A small population meant he would have to interact less, and he could spend his time testing.
The fire that scared the land before he got here was already proving detrimental. He needed rats, he needed cages, he needed equipment and he didn't have hands. Maybe if these savages had a library he could entertain himself, but that was asking too much of them.
Maybe killing himself would be easier.
Caustic stepped out of his treehouse, looking down below. The camp was mostly empty, but he was able to spot a ragged, thin dog chewing on bones. A huff of amusement left him, green gas puffing from his face. Was it worth his time to entertain the insects below? Perhaps.
Was the food in such bad shape here that the members were attempting to eat bones? If so, Caustic would have to hide his spare prey for testing and keep it alive far longer than he intended to, as well as feed himself. Caustic laid down on his porch, looking at the Canis lupus familiaris below. "Dog," he called out, trying to get its attention, a cough leaving him in between words. "Is there a reason you feast upon such scraps?"
The Fox Terrier certainly wasn't usable to Caustic if it was already weak.

TAGSPLAYLIST PENNED BY OWLIE
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: PRIDE ;; open, return - beatae - 01-27-2020

i'm the treasure
[align=center]
code by spacexual
august felt his body turned tense at the sound of another voice.

dog.

dog. slave. dog. mutt. mongrel. slave-

stopstopstop.

deep breaths. he inhaled slowly, rushing his exhale forth before turning up to look at caustic. "scraps?" he glanced down at the bones and shrugged. "um... bad habit, i guess." how quickly he had left behind his manners when kydobi had claimed protection over him. how quickly he had reverted back to his habits when he had died. even if he had returned and led... they seemed unlikely to leave for now.

"my name's august. i would like if you called me that instead, please." august turned back up to caustic, curious as to when he had arrived.

i'm the prize

Re: PRIDE ;; open, return - CAUSTIC. - 01-28-2020

[table][tr][td]
  CAUSTIC
Caustic eyes narrowed in the way a predator observes prey, green eyes tracking up and down, as if counting the ribs and taking gauge of the kill. He closed his eyes in thought, letting his face soften.
The wolf made note of the canine's tenseness. Maybe it was spooked easy? Possibly abused.

"August, then. His shoulders rolled in a motion that would normally indicate a shrug, but it looked like his shoulders rolled. "What makes you desire to chew on bones?" Ugh. Pleasant conversation was exhausting, but maybe it would give Caustic some insight to himself. He inhabited a wolf now, and hopefully he would not get cravings to chew on bones like a single-celled mutt.
TAGSPLAYLIST PENNED BY OWLIE
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: PRIDE ;; open, return - Mercede - 01-30-2020

MERCEDE
[table]
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
diamonds are a girl’s bestfriend -

mercede f. callahan
the pitt
2 months

pronounced: (mur-say-dee)

general
female - marble cross fox (white, gray, black) - 2 months - Jervis x Fourthwall - no crush - no mentor

powers
mental manipulation
[/td][/tr][/table]
call me your sweet baby —

A tiny minute child would waffle over. She just had to get herself into this conversation. Besides there wasn’t much else to do.

“You don’t chew on bones?”, it seemed like it was something everyone did. Even though her mouth was small she still tried because someone had told her it sharpened her teeth.

People already told her she had a sharp tongue for someone her age so why not teeth to match?

“And who are both you? I’m Mercede...”

[sup][w]isker[/sup]