Beasts of Beyond
deus in absentia | joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: deus in absentia | joining (/showthread.php?tid=10269)

deus in absentia | joining - pallid-i - 08-30-2019

The large, black furred canine came gliding down on powerful wings. His paws gently touched the floor and he took a seat, staying perfectly still.
He had two pairs of wings on his head, but one of the pairs was covering his face for whatever reason. If one were to ask, he would simply answer vaguely, but if his brothers were here.. They'd know why Ruckus covered his face. Years of experimentation made him ugly, and he was self conscious in wanting to show his face to anyone. He even had a hard time showing Eldritch and Alistair his face, and they were his brothers.
Still, that didn't stop him from going outside and seeing the world for himself. Ruckus knew better than to hold himself back because of his hideousness. He wasn't a fool, after all. He might have been forced to bare the burden of having more than one pair of wings and the agony that came with whatever was on his face now, but he would never let his life waste away.

The doberman tucked his wings in and waited. What was he waiting for? He wasn't entirely sure, but something in his bones told him something was going to happen, and that he simply just had to wait for it.

//please don't post until [member=1]Orion[/member] and [member=7679]ELDRITCHHORROR[/member] post! thank you <3
code by spacexual

the world is on fire | introduction - Alastor - 08-30-2019

Compared to Ruckus, the spotlight was where he belonged. While his brothers were gifted with horrendous mutations and peak physicality, he was gifted with god-like powers and a mischievous wit. He willingly stayed within Elysium after the abuse ended. Alastor found new hope. In the meantime, his two older brothers had left and ventured off. It had been forever since he had last heard of them, but he wasn't curious in the first place. Instead he minded his own business. If they didn't wish to stay loyal to his side, then so be it. As per usual, he was on his own. The world gladly revolved around him anyways.

To say that he was expecting their return was unlikely. The traumatizing past was better left behind. New beginnings had started immediately after escaping his father's disgraceful abuse and experiments. So why stay connected to such thing? Being close to family was such a foreign concept to him. Alastor lacked the empathy for that. That said, he found no need to keep in contact, especially when he could control the others around him to satisfy his needs anyways.

Alastor had been out patrolling the border upon realizing an unfamiliar scent. Curious, the jet black doberman breached the underbrush of Elysium's forest and followed the stench. He had truly expected a lost wanderer. Perhaps even an enemy coming back for revenge. After all, he could definitely have a bit of fun with them as a result. Upon wandering up nonetheless, something caught him off guard.

A familiar mutated canine met his purple gaze, causing him to leave the shadows and approach. Mouth agape, Alastor stopped in his tracks. Unsure of what to say, he unintentionally slipped a command. "You're returning?" he alluded. This would cause his powers to take control of Ruckus, who would then confirm his statement and rejoin the clan. That, unknowingly to Alastor, was his plan anyways.

[Powerplay allowed by Caine, roleplayer of Ruckus.]

Re: deus in absentia | joining - MERGED - 08-31-2019

"yes, we're returning." the voice of the monstrous doberman rang, a very distinct, unmistakable voice. it had been a very long time since he returned to their home, and he certainly didn't look forward to the cold that came with their home. he enjoyed the warmer weather, especially since he had traveled to many places, many being quite warm. he looked to both of his younger brothers, smile slightly hidden by the tentacles that hid his face.

"you look well, mon lapin." he said to he youngest, tilting his head and letting the tentacle that was his tail sway back and forth. he knew his younger brothers weren't on good terms, but he hoped that they may have grown past that.
/ this is bad im sorry-

Spoiler:

Re: deus in absentia | joining - number nine. - 08-31-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ — Number Nine was startled when she approached the group of dobermans and found that she was interrupting a family reunion. She supposed that should've been obvious, but then again, she never assumed that people were family just because they shared the same species. After all, she shared her feline species with many other people across the land, and she was in no way related to any of them. But seeing as the oddly grotesque dobermans were addressing each other in such familial terms, this was one of those occasions where she could go by the species... although honestly it was a bit hard to tell they were all dobermans. Ruckus seemed a bit odd, but he was at least recognizable as a doberman. Meanwhile, Eldritch was... well, Nine had never been one to judge based upon appearances, but she kinda had to do a double take when he confirmed himself as a member of the group of brothers. She supposed she could see doberman beneath everything, but the tentacles reminded her more of a squid than anything else.

She had already seen Alastor around the group a bit lately, so she felt comfortably coming up beside him and sitting, pulling her front legs close as she inspected the newcomers. She glanced at Alastor and questioned softly, her fluffy tail waving from side to side behind her, "You know these two, Alastor? I'm assuming they're fine to accept in, then?" Of course, she didn't mean officially, as there was a whole process to become a full member of Elysium, which even she hadn't gone through yet, but they could at the very least be led in and shown around. Or rather, they seemed familiar with Elysium, so maybe they could be shown around and told if anything was different from when they had left. After all, there had been a burning neither she nor they had been present for.

Re: deus in absentia | joining - Alastor - 08-31-2019

Another familiar voice followed his own, causing his gaze to shift away from his older brother. What surprised him that his eldest had also came. Did they miss their home? Or did they need something from him? The thought surely wouldn't be leaving his mind for awhile, but Alastor moved past it for now and offered a polite dip of his head. A welcome fueled by the past wasn't appropriate. Even a man who lacked empathy could read the room.

The canine's head craned. "Surprising," he dully remarked towards Eldritchhorrors. "What brings you back to this humble abode?" If they could even call it that. The mountains were laced with haunting memories for the three, so there had to be something that drove them back. Once again though, Alastor was indulging in his own fantasy. If their return wasn't for him, it was most likely against him.

A smile crossed his lips. "Why thank you," Alastor commented confidently. "You look rather ravishing these days yourself." Was he lying? Of course. His siblings were nowhere near peak physicality except for their superior strength and perhaps the record for having an absurd amount of mutations. Still, he kept his lie under wraps. The Doberman Pinscher was fantastic at keeping a convincing facade.

At Number Nine's question, his head swiveled over towards her. "I do," he responded. "My brothers are trustworthy." Alastor chose to leave out a few key details about them, especially the middle child, for his own benefit. "Elysium is their home."

Re: deus in absentia | joining - pallid-i - 08-31-2019

His body went rigid for a moment, and he began to speak to speak in an emotionless tone. "Yes, I am returning." However, after that, he went slack and his posture became normal. He looked noticeably more relaxed, though there was a hint of confusion in the air. If they could see Ruckus' face, he'd look very much confused. However, the male didn't say anything.

"Eldritch, Alastor." He responded curtly before hearing a new voice. Someone he didn't know.. His head turned to Nine, and although he couldn't see with the wings covering his face, he could at least pinpoint the source of her voice. "And you are?"
code by spacexual

Re: deus in absentia | joining - number nine. - 08-31-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ — Blinking at Alastor, Nine gave a bit of a relieved nod when the doberman confirmed her suspicions of them being trustworthy. Evidently they had lived here in Elysium before, but they had left for some reason... she honestly couldn't imagine why, considering her experiences in Elysium thus far had been nothing but pleasant and rewarding in all ways, but she wouldn't pry. That would be rude – almost as rude as someone trying to dig into her past, or why she was called Number Nine. So, instead of questioning anything, she just turned to Ruckus when he addressed her and smiled softly, saying to the blind looking male – given the wings concealing his eyes from seemingly everyone, "Ah, my name is Number Nine, although y'may call me Nine, or NiNi, or whatever else you want ta, since I know that can be a bit of a weird mouthful. What's your name then? I believe I caught Eldritch, and I've known Alastor since I first joined and noticed him around Elysium, but I didn't catch yours." She explained softly, having not noticed any exchange of Ruckus's name if it had taken place. Eldritch seemed to be the oddly mutated doberman that spoke more warmly than the others, as far as she could tell.

Re: deus in absentia | joining - MERGED - 09-03-2019

he shook his head with a chuckle as his brother spoke. "ah, still a liar, i see?" he teased, before he looked towards nine with intrigue. she was quite pretty, sounded very sweet, too. "it is a pleasure to meet you, madam nine! i am eldritchhorror, and as you can see, my name quite matches the appearance!" he would muse, dipping his head slightly. he had always been the polite one of the brothers, the more.. outwardly friendly of the two. he didn't want people to fear him for any reason, but.. his appearance didn't help his situation, so he made the best of it. "the one with the wings is ruckus. he's a bit.. shy, so to say."

Spoiler: