Beasts of Beyond
garden [★] THE SEVENTH MAID IN A ROW - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: garden [★] THE SEVENTH MAID IN A ROW (/showthread.php?tid=10186)

garden [★] THE SEVENTH MAID IN A ROW - aine. - 08-22-2019

[align=center][Image: VbWInBo.png?1]
— aine | the pitt | fae druid —
Little black paws padded through dense jungle, a pair of bright, golden-hazel hues gleaming sharply in the shadows, meticulously searching.  Seeking.  On the hunt for something rather simple... Perfect! A small clearing alight from the sun, permitted through by an opening in the green canopy.  An excited smile broke open her previously concentrated frown.

Considerably unaware how to control her ability to manipulate the earth, Aine began her self-adorned task by paw.  The little open clearing soon saw itself converted into a little garden.  Not far from the winding path through the jungle too!

Carefully, she moved some hefty rocks into a great circle, marking the place's border.  By the time the petite vixen finished that the sun had risen to the sky's center, warming her scarlet orange fur.  Smaller rocks soon seperated the circle's inside, marking different sections of her creation.  In the center, she built another circle of rocks, similarly smaller.

Furrowing her brow sharply, she stood at the smaller circle''s edge, eyes locked fiercely on the ground.  Carrying water back and forth to this place would be rather meticulous.  Besides, since it rained often, she hoped a small pool might form... If she could lower the ground.

Manipulating the ground was not the same as manipulating the plants.  Idly she fought the memory of the scary Tangler she tried to bring down with vines.  'Run.  Leave this place.' Stubbornly against the negative recollection, she focused on her connection to the jungle floor.  The earth.

When the dirt successfully began caving in, her eyes brightened.  A small, pond-sized indention soon took shape within her stone circle.  Perfect for collecting rain water.  I should fill the bottom with sand though... A future issue.

With thoughtful consideration, the child decided she'd organize diagonally.  Two sections for healing herbs, two sections for flowers.  Perfect for attracting butterflies.

Eager, she took off excitedly, to find some flowers.  With her abilities she may be able to unroot a few and move them.  Or there might be seeds in the temple. But the thought of sneaking around the event temple for seeds made her fur prick.

Instead, she plunged back into the jungle, seeking out her favorite flowers.

By sundown, half the little garden stood more colorful than before, now home to a number of vibrant tropical flowers.  For the other half Aine would have to be far more picky and seek out the most useful herbs.

Well worn-out but happy, the youth sat at the garden's edge, examining her handiwork, her mind far away from unhappy mages of the recent battle.

[ Mobile ]
I'll come back when you call me

Re: garden [★] THE SEVENTH MAID IN A ROW - Kydobi - 08-29-2019

[align=center]
Better to be hurt by the truth than comforted by a lie -
tags-powers

[OOC: I'M FREAKING TERRIBLE AT INTRO POSTS SMH]

Kydobi had not participated in battles. There was always some type of tussle going on. Sometimes multiple on polar areas of the territory. Already the jaguar was wearing down but to join in on the violence would spread him so thin he would cease to function.

"Aine?", he hadn't seen the little girl in a long while. Refreshing to see her despite where they were at the moment, "What have you got there?"

[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: garden [★] THE SEVENTH MAID IN A ROW - beatae - 08-29-2019

i'm the treasure
[align=center]
code by spacexual
aine… wasn't that the girl that was traded for one of those pirates? the same was familiar but august couldn't remember a time he had actually met her. the exchange was rather brief, anyhow. they were all gone as quickly as they had come. some sort of family drama that the terrier was too unbothered to ask about. besides, gael didn't quite seem the friendliest type to ask.

the girl, though. she was young and small. nothing had cut through her childlike thoughts yet. funny, considering what was around her, but august understood that most things probably didn't catch on correctly that young.

the smell of tropical flowers had lured august toward the fae. the sun was gradually going down, but his assignments for the day had since been completed. his snout came in contact with a bright red flower, petals open in greeting and hugging around his nose. "smells like... perfume." he muttered half to himself, a lazy smile on his maw.

i'm the prize

Re: garden [★] THE SEVENTH MAID IN A ROW - Crackers - 09-04-2019

FOURTHWALL & GLITCHHOP
BLACK-GOLD MOTTLED HELLHOUND / BROWN-GOLD MOTTLED HELLHOUND
MALE - 22 - SOCIAL & VIOLENT / FEMALE - 17 - OBEDIENT & CHEERFUL - THE PITT

It was one of those rare occassions that Glitch wasn't trailing along behind Fourthwall. While the older hyrbid was an unwavering source of comfort through presence alone, she had grown confident enough to go off on her own within the Pitts border, seeking the friendship of others as well. So far she hadn't had much luck in making any true friends. She'd met a few individuals who'd welcomed her kindly enough, but nobody had really spent any more time with her than that. And so, while Fourth was off working out in the desert, Glitch had gone padding off along the random jungle trails in search of something to do or someone to tag along with. For a good while she'd remained alone with nothing to satisfy her hunger for company, but eventually she caught the scent of some other Pittians and went padding off in their direction.

She found them just off of a trail, Aine, Kydobi, and August. It occured to her that they might be busy with some private affair, but she was too bored to be wary and made her way over with a hopeful smile shadowing her lips. "Hey guys." she called, tail flicking behind her in greeting like a cat despite the fact that she looked like a giant wolf. Late to the party of course, she had no idea that two of the three had only just arrived, and when she spotted the beautiful stone rimmed garden her smile brightened and her golden eyes shifted among the trio. "This is awesome! Are you guys building a garden? I can help if you want." she'd say, eager to find a way to be welcome there.

WELCOME TO THE NARCISISM,
WE'RE UNITED UNDER OUR INDIFFERENCE

"SPEECH
♡♡♡
tags

Re: garden [★] THE SEVENTH MAID IN A ROW - aine. - 09-04-2019

[align=center][table][tr][td]
AINE NÍ BROIN
THE PITT
FAERIE DRUID
INFORMATION
[/td][td]
[div style="width: 310px; font-family: palatino; color: cornflowerblue; text-align: left; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px"]
Kydobi's voice catches her by surprise.  She must've been somewhere in her mind.  Oh well.  Her eyes gleam brightly as she turns her focus to the jaguar.  "'m building a garden!" She announced proudly, her voice unusually confident for once, despite the lack of her father's soothing presence.

Her ears perked curiously as August appeared, seemingly happy as he found the flowers she'd moved.  "Perfume?" The unfamiliar word caused her brows to crease, uncertain.  "D'ay smell like flowers," she mused aloud, but truly minded little.  The canine was older than her, thus, logically, must know more.

Glitchhop seemed friendly, though she was more stranger to her than Kydobi.  In response, she shuffled her paws a little, earlier courage fading.  Yet she seemed very approving of the child's work, causing her to relax a little.

"I made it," she corrected shyly, blinking.  Though, the thought occurred to her that others may have been useful in it's construction.  She may have conserved more energy had she found some larger Pittians to help her move things.  Kydobi or Glitchhob for example.  Or even Fourthwall.  "I jus' need to pick the herbs I wanna grow now."

"'m gonna plant them 'ere and 'ere," she added, trotting towards the respective sides despite the obvious emptiness of both.  "… But... I thin' I should fill the pond first?" Which meant either waiting for rain, or finding clean water and some method of carrying it back and forth.  But I'd have close water at least...
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: garden [★] THE SEVENTH MAID IN A ROW - Crackers - 09-04-2019

FOURTHWALL & GLITCHHOP
BLACK-GOLD MOTTLED HELLHOUND / BROWN-GOLD MOTTLED HELLHOUND
MALE - 22 - SOCIAL & VIOLENT / FEMALE - 17 - OBEDIENT & CHEERFUL - THE PITT

Glitch didn't bother to hide her surprised look and the feeling of being impressed that caught her as Aine stepped forward and announced she was the mastermind behind the garden. One thing they would all learn quickly about Glitch was that she wasn't a dishonest or deceiving person- mainly because she couldn't mask her feelings if she tried. When she was excited, or frustrated, or uncertain it shone as clear as day on her features, and in this way she was very childlike in her own right, no filter to what she was experiencing.

"That explains why your paws are the only ones covered in dirt." the canine would muse with a friendly grin as she gestured to the boys and their clean paws.

At Aines mention of filling the pond, Glitch would noticeibly perk up. "I can help with that!" she would say, eager to be of use. "I mean, it might take a couple trips, but Fourth has some big wooden pails I could use to carry some water over from somewhere. Usually he uses them to gather fruit from the jungle, but I don't think he'd mind if I borrowed them for a while." she explained, not realizing how unusual it was for a hellhound to go out picking fruit. But it was normal for Glitch to spot the hybrid snacking on sweets like mangos and pears. He just liked food in general, particularly meats and sweet things.

WELCOME TO THE NARCISISM,
WE'RE UNITED UNDER OUR INDIFFERENCE

"Fourthwall/neutral/Glitchhop"
♡♡♡
tags

Re: garden [★] THE SEVENTH MAID IN A ROW - fulzanin - 09-05-2019

[glow=#000,1,400]WE'LL SEE THE SUN COME UP AGAIN, WE'LL CLIMB HIGHER THAN WE'VE EVER BEEN[/glow]
He was not a bee. He was not of a species of insect that was attracted to plants. Not normally, at least. Cicadas lived in the ground for most of their lives, and their time spent where flowers could be visible was usually incredibly short lived. Astiar had been spared such a fate with this new form- it left him terribly confused when the two sets of instincts conflicted. That of a dragon's mentality, and that of what remained from his seventeen years as a bug.

The strange smell of flora had brought upon him a vague sense of curiosity. He lumbered on over, for once his wings being quiet. Of a sort. They still gave out an occasional buzz as he meandered over closer. His body was heavy, and thudded loudly as his feet carried him to the congregation of the newly created garden. The plants still had yet to be planted, and the water had yet to be added, but if Astiar was capable of thought then perhaps he would have been amazed by how well constructed it was already. Alas, he could do no such thing. It only warranted a brief flicker of confusion within him at the sight. A tipping of his head to the side momentarily added on to the internal surge of confusion, but it was gone and diminished as swiftly as it came. The clicking of his mandibles announced his arrival- or, perhaps, it was in addition to a buzz of his wings.

His lanky tail dragged across the ground, lowering his head closer to the earth to look at the dip that had been created to hold water. It confused him, and earned a soft clattering noise. He knew nothing of the construction of a garden. Much less of what a garden even was. Astiar's head swiveled back and forth between the one's that were conversing, and slowly lowered himself into a sit. His blue antennae curled when he finished moving, and a curious sniff came from the dragon after. Astiar thankfully was staying away from where he would accidentally break anything with his hulking size- that, and his incapability to recognize that this was a project meant he probably would have destroyed something without even acknowledging it. His head was lowered, his attention spent on the hole that would soon be holding water. Mandibles clicked a few more times as Astiar briefly turned his head to those that had congregated here before him. A claw extended, scratching at the dirt- curling to lift the broken free debris from the hole. The act was done slowly, and an equally as slow chatter accompanied such.

TAGS 9/4/19:
[glow=#000,1,400]WE’VE GOT A FIRE THAT BURNS WITHIN, WE ARE THE DRAGONHEARTED [/glow]

Re: garden [★] THE SEVENTH MAID IN A ROW - SÉAMUS - 09-06-2019

'cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass
A myriad of voices drifting through the jungle caused the swift fox to pause.  Curious, he followed the noise, surprised to find a garden at the heart of all the talk.  And little Aine in the center of it.  Of course, he should hardly doubt it, given her affinity for things such as butterflies.  "This is well done, Aine," the Scotsman offered softly.

"If you'd like my advice, lass, I'd grow a few first aid herbs." Beyond that, Embry furrowed his brow in thought.  He supposed the next step would be remedies for common ailments beyond the basics.  "But you'll want the water first I think."
[align=right]hardly anything left for you to see — EMBRY