Beasts of Beyond
Wild Winds - Joining + O - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Wild Winds - Joining + O (/showthread.php?tid=12793)

Pages: 1 2

Wild Winds - Joining + O - SirDio - 09-16-2020

Hurricane

Exploration always called to the massive tom, the beyonds of the island and its inhabitants beckoning him ever since he was named Storm. He had made mental notes of where he had been, just incase it meant anything. Wandering down the beach, he started for the forest. While he loved exploring, the company of his home was gone, and so he was lonely.

Gently prodding the sand around him, he veered away from the forest - why be in a familiar spot where there was a whole-ass beach to explore? And with so many shiny things! He had made a little pile of shiny stones and shells along the sands, ears pricked for any sounds of company. His massive dark body was a dark dot among the sands, obvious even from afar.

Re: Wild Winds - Joining + O - RHINESTONE. - 09-16-2020

LEADER ❝ RHINE ❞ PALMCLAN
It was becoming less and less uncommon for strangers to show up along Palmclan's borders, and that was very much a double edged sword. On one hand, it was good, because it meant that they had more members than ever. On the other hand, it also meant that there would be more conflict, considering welcoming in joiners had previously been very rare, or outright banned. Despite all this, Rhine felt no hesitation when he noticed the black dot that was Hurricane's body on the horizon, and he found himself drawn over. Better to go and see what a newcomer wanted, rather than just leaving them to do whatever. When he saw the trail of shells and stones that the other had trailing behind him, Rhine briefly paused, a bit of soft and breathy laughter leaving him. He then cleared his throat, hoping that would be enough to grab the other feline's attention. He questioned softly, a smile pulling at the corners of his muzzle, "Hello there... you're on Palmclan's beach. I'm Rhinestonestar, and I'm the leader of Palmclan. So... could you maybe tell me your name, and what you're doing here?" Rhine tried to keep his tone light and casual, not wanting to scare the other tom off when he hadn't really been doing anything wrong.
NEVER OPENED MYSELF THIS WAY
LIFE IS OURS, WE LIVE IT OUR WAY
Reggan

Re: Wild Winds - Joining + O - SirDio - 09-16-2020

Hurricane

The sound of someone clearing their throat made the large tom swivel his head, his mane of neck fur buffeting with his movements. A bright smile met his face, there was someone else here! And another cat! What joy, what jovial feeling! He turned to face the cat. So, he was within the territory of PalmClan, and this cat was RhinestoneStar, the leader of the group? He actually found a group here on the beach? He was in shock and awe. His exploration led him to a group!

"Hello, RhinestoneStar - may I first say it is such a jovial thing, ending up along the beaches of a group! I've wandered for a few months, and now I've found a group..!" He grinned, eyes wide. "Let me back pedal my words for a moment - My name is Hurricane, and I've just been exploring, maybe trying to find a new home to settle in." He let out a goofy grin, eyes bright light white fires.

Re: Wild Winds - Joining + O - RHINESTONE. - 09-17-2020

Well, Hurricane certainly was... perky. Rhine almost felt the need to step back from the other's enthusiasm, although he caught himself just in time, not wanting to be insulting. The other feline was just excited, and Rhinestone couldn't say he blamed him. The leader had an obvious bias, but if he had just stumbled upon Palmclan after some time spent simply wandering... he'd be overjoyed too. So, trying not to seem overwhelmed, Rhinestonestar just offered the dark furred feline a smile, chuckling, "It's nice to meet you... I'm also glad to hear you think this place is so great. I happen to think so too." The other's name was certainly... unfortunate, but Rhinestone wouldn't hold that against him. Besides, it was pretty accurate to the other's enthusiastic nature. Instead, he just continued on by, glancing back towards Palmclan's main camp before he spoke, "If you're looking for a place to stay... you could stay here. Palmclan is always looking for new members, and we're a wonderful home for a wandering soul." With all of the joiners that they had gotten recently, that much seemed obvious.
Reggan

Re: Wild Winds - Joining + O - SirDio - 09-17-2020

Hurricane

His large paws dusted around the sands, listening to Rhine patiently. A place to stay? What a generous offer. He looked toward where Rhine glanced at, then looked back at Rhine. "Oh, thank you! I gladly accept the offer - and will do my best to provide for the group." His seemingly joyous nature etched away as he got a bit serious, but his eyes were still bright. He had a determined smile, like he's been waiting for a moment to prove his worth to anyone and everyone he came across. He had to take baby steps - his size alone was intimidating, but his jovial nature at heart just added to the idea he'd overwhelm some cats.

Re: Wild Winds - Joining + O - RHINESTONE. - 09-18-2020

Rhine could already tell that Hurricane's brand of enthusiasm would take a bit of getting used to, but he found that he didn't particularly mind. Even though nobody within Palmclan could really be considered pessimistic, – besides perhaps Hauntingdreams – optimism was never a bad thing to have a surplus of. So, when Hurri enthusiastically proclaimed how excited he was to help, the smaller tom just found himself chuckling, giving the other feline a nod. After he had done so, he turned back in the direction of Palmclan's main camp, questioning, "I'm glad to hear that... and I'm sure that everyone will be glad to have you. Would you like me to lead you back to our camp? It isn't anything too complicated, but you will have to watch your step while entering." Rhinestone had to actively bite back a smile as he said that, thoughts immediately drifting. He could still see Toadwhisker tripping and falling on his face when he had first returned, his brother grumbling lowly in frustration.
Reggan

Re: Wild Winds - Joining + O - SirDio - 09-18-2020

Hurricane

His smile grew wider, then into a grin. "That's great! And uh, yes, if it isn't too much to ask, seeing as you're a leader. You must be a bit busy?" He began to pad up to Rhine, looking down at him slightly. being such a massive cat had it's perks and drawbacks, he guessed. "If i stumble and fall, I have a feeling the fur i have will cushion me, hah!" He chuckled. He let his own thoughts wander for a bit, before he reeled them back to the here and now. He gave his chest fur a gentle lick, then looked at RhinestoneStar.

Re: Wild Winds - Joining + O - RHINESTONE. - 09-19-2020

Rhinestone blinked and chuckled a little when he heard Hurricane, nodding his head before he explained, "I am busy, but I try to make time for newcomers. After all, what better way to make a good first impression, right? I'll be more than happy to lead you to camp. Just follow me." He smiled a little up at Hurri before he turned, flicking his tail in the camp's direction in a silent gesture for the other male to follow. The sand beneath their paws was warm, and Rhine was glad it was a pleasant day as he spoke, "I'm sure it probably would. You're actually kind of in the minority here in Palmclan, since most of us have short or slick pelts. We've sort of adapted to swimming and how weighed down you can get. Not that there aren't plenty of good swimmers around here with thick pelts." Palmclan was a seaside oriented clan, but it wasn't as if they were constantly swimming from place to place. Maybe if they had been, it would've been more mandatory for pelts to be trimmed down.
Reggan

Re: Wild Winds - Joining + O - SirDio - 09-20-2020

Hurricane

"Ah, I suppose you're right. Thank you, again." He followed Rhine in step, enjoying the warmth of the sand. "That makes sense - dense fur was somewhat rare within my unit - we swam in plenty of rivers, so I had to keep my fur a bit shorter. But that was when I was still called Storm." He glanced toward the ocean, wondering about the fish one could catch there. 'What kind of fish does the group catch from the ocean?"

Re: Wild Winds - Joining + O - RHINESTONE. - 09-20-2020

Hurricane sure did seem to be interesting, especially when the other mentioned having a unit. Rhine was definitely interested to hear the stories behind that, but he also didn't want to ignore the fluffier male's questions, either. Glancing towards the ocean, Rhinestone seemed to pause before he eventually spoke, "Hm. Well... the usual stuff, I suppose. Mackerel, herring, anchovy, pollock. That's just the common stuff, though. We can catch plenty of different fish depending on how far out we go. My mentor actually caught a tuna, once. It was massive, and fed an entire group of us for the whole day." He chuckled a bit at the memory, remembering just how delighted he had been to dig in alongside the other apprentices. Glancing back at Hurricane, he found himself asking his own questions, "You mentioned being called Storm before? What caused the name change?" Rhinestone couldn't help being curious, especially considering how important name was to your stage of life when it came to the clans.
Reggan