Beasts of Beyond
I'm n(o)t scared? [ joining ] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: I'm n(o)t scared? [ joining ] (/showthread.php?tid=12585)

Pages: 1 2

I'm n(o)t scared? [ joining ] - Windowmemer - 08-24-2020

A small smile graced the male's lips as they parted, a pink tongue running over the rubbery substance. The panther yawned and stood up slowly, the muscles in his body tensing up with the movement. His tail curved, his body tightened as his claws unsheathed in a large stretch.
Standing in front of the border (Spiked Border) and looking up at the severed faces, some frozen in moments of agony. He began making his way through the place, kicking away various interesting looking masks and small bones that clattered against each other. He huffed a laugh, these couldn't scare him. Not even that weird-looking paw that seemed to have been carelessly thrown there. He stopped in  his path and veered off to the left, batting at a delicately carved mask with a small grin, his claws leaving grooves in the wood. Shaking his paws out, he quickly abandoned the thing and continued down his way, his tail swishing slowly to keep his balance.

Re: I'm n(o)t scared? [ joining ] - Luciferr - 08-24-2020

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
they often got strangers sat at the borderlines - usually busy eyeing the rotting border carcasses with distaste in the curl of their muzzle - Silent was well aware of the stench but didn’t particularly care to change it, the border served it purpose.

As it was the abomination happened upon a stranger seemingly passing the borderline and the ‘sightless’ face of the thing would have quirked a brow if he had one, instead her merely neared the other.

”I hope you have a reason to ignore the border?”

Re: I'm n(o)t scared? [ joining ] - Windowmemer - 08-25-2020

A female slowly approached, and he flashed her a small smile. "Darling, I'm here to check this place out and potentially join you here in this... lovely place." He flicked his tail and raised a paw, gesturing at the various decorations around the border. "So this is your idea of decoration, huh. How nice, but I believe I could do better." By that he didn't mean kill him and put him on the border, no, but reset the place to make iit look even worse.

Re: I'm n(o)t scared? [ joining ] - T. ROUX - 08-25-2020

you think you know about me
Approaching the scene, the draconic boy would perk both of his tufted ears forward with a frown on his maw. Nobody respected borders these days but Trygve couldn't really say much given the fact that he had trespassed the first time he had ever arrived to the Pitt meeting both Aine and Gael. Even then, he had stepped over the border to greet Aine before the two of them went to their place. A place where they were free from the judgement of both the Pitt and the Typhoon,  a safe haven of their own. So, when Silent appeared at the scene to confront the stranger that had ignored the border would the draconic boy watch from a distance only to draw near to catch onto what was said by the stranger. Darling? Silent was being called a darling? That didn't seem right. At all.

Wrinkling his snout slightly in disgust only to speak with a roll of his eyes "I don't know what shit you're on to call Nightmare Fuel on legs a darling..." There was a pause as he stared at the panther, frown still present on his maw "But if Silent lets you stay instead of eating you, lucky you. I'm Trygve but call me Ry," With a lash of his tail did the young boy slowly sit down. What a fuckin weirdo. His brain was probably fried from the sun. A snort left him when that thought popped into his mind.
BUT YOU DON'T KNOW REALLY WHAT YOU'RE TALKING 'BOUT
YOU ACT AS IF I WAS BORN YESTERDAY, BUT WON'T YOU SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH
Reggan

Re: I'm n(o)t scared? [ joining ] - VIRGIL M. - 08-25-2020

[table][tr][td]
[Image: rV2CJZO.jpg]
[/td][td]
XVIII - THE MOON
a monument dreams and fantasies come to life, the representation of instincts often left suppressed and a knock into our subconscious.  Virgil of the pitt is a study in beauty: a perfect understanding of that which terrifies you, a perfect picturesque of horror and delight
[/td][/tr][/table]
Virgil's return to her home was still fresh, but the whelp was quick to her usual self: beyond the border of carcasses, there was another kind of rot that called to her: her father's home was slowly crumbling in of itself and Virgil saw no better place to plant a new garden. Going towards the shambling marketplace that once held during the beginning of the pitt- was now burned embers: but  Virgil found her way scavenging flower seeds from the ashes: the scent clung to her now, even flashes of grey hinted at her mane as the hyena wolf bound towards the group: two a stranger and the other's entire presence an enthralling call to Virgil's senses. The sacrifice was large, a leader even in his martyrdom: Virgil felt a swell of emotion... devotion? may-haps- stutter into a bafflement at tone of the stranger's words. Silentgrave was going to eat the panther? It wouldn't be the first panther from what she had heard.

"the sacrifice's hunger is insatiable", Virgil's tone was grave when she spoke, what was normally a drifting voice sounded like gravel- a growl from inhaling the smoke and ash of the far off burnt city. Her words were one of warning, but there was a sparkle of interest in her eye as she regarded the two strangers, excitement bubbling from the witch's features.

"All gods call for some sort of sacrifice," And now, Silent grave wasn't a god- not in the eyes of Virgil: he had never laid eyes on a god, but she could feel them. Deep slumbering under the pitt and in sussuro's shadow. Both spoke in the silence: screamed in her ears and called for death- blood- penance for the sight and ears to hear them. Gods were demanding things. Silentgrave asked for nothing from them: his shadow was quiet as the grave- if he were a god it was a different kind. Virgil wondered on asking. "either a contract in blood or an offering in one. Anything less will foretell you're own demise" It was fact: spoken in the way the child defined the world of gods and death, blood and contracts were tricky. always have been- mother warned her against one until she was more than five moons old- she was almost six moons old- maybe then.

" if you are here to join, Methinks you're not food; or at least, not allowed to be food. That's how it works. Unless you're a bloodless- can you prove yourself stranger?"

Re: I'm n(o)t scared? [ joining ] - Windowmemer - 08-25-2020

A male, weird-looking, made his way over, and mentioned the the fact that he would be eaten. Jormungand lifted a figurative brow. "Eaten? No, I'd very much prefer to not become someone's next meal." A small smile slipped onto his lips and he dipped his head in greeting to another female as she approached, her voice low and raspy. Obviously a lot of smoke in her lungs. Whatever. Jor frowned as she spoke and he sat down, scratching his ear with a raised paw, not really paying attention. "What?" He asked. Her words were confusing to (both) him (and his rper) and he didn't understand.

Re: I'm n(o)t scared? [ joining ] - trojan g. - 08-25-2020

Although joiners were welcomed in the Pitt, Sweeney couldn't help but be confused by them at times. Crossing over borders without first being spoken to, and now what seemed like flirting with the ardent of the group - a move Sweeney wouldn't have ever thought to do considering Silent's appearance... ugly, to say the least.

A small snort left the dark colored kitsune's maw as she heard the words spoken by those at the border, and the way that the panther didn't listen to the words that Virgil had spoken. He reminded her a little bit of Kydobi in more ways than one, both appearance and apparent lack of general knowing of things going on around him. "If you're going to be joining, which will ultimately be decided by Silent over there," She would gesture with a paw towards the large creature that was their ardent, "You then wouldn't be food. Otherwise, if you're not joining or are decided to not be able to, you will be food." Eyes would roll as she finished explaining the words before she sat down, her two tails behind her settling on the sandy floor of the desert.

"I don't see why you couldn't join by the way, after proving yourself of course considering your lack for manners, kicking around our decor like that." She wanted to start shit, the sole reason for Sweeney being anywhere near the border really.
THERE ARE RULES AND THERE ARE STRICTURES

Re: I'm n(o)t scared? [ joining ] - Windowmemer - 08-26-2020

Lack of manners? Kicking decor? "I was simply curious." He said with a smile. "Nice decor by the way." She seemed pissy and looking for a fight. Sure, he'll gladly provide one if he were allowed to and not torn to pieces on the spot by the others. Decided not to be able to? What did that mean? Today really had been an eye-opener, he decided with a chuckle.

Re: I'm n(o)t scared? [ joining ] - Luciferr - 08-26-2020

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
if he had eyes he would have blinked at the manner of which he was addressed.

Darling?

Silent however pushed past this as Trygve seemed to comment on it for him - the monstrous leader finding no offence to the words, he barely ever did - content to listen as the others joined him - Virgil speaking of sacrifices that in truth he was tempted to- and conversed with the trespasser - who still had not made clear his intent seemed.

But Sweeney was right.

”you speak of maybes when I have no patience for indecisiveness when you approach my lands - you either join us or you don’t” and given the disrespect paid by blatantly trespassing in such a manner - the don't was implied to be more fatal than not if the panther didn’t make good on a quick escape.

The sightless skull-like face inclined its head ”make your choice”

Re: I'm n(o)t scared? [ joining ] - Windowmemer - 08-26-2020

The smile grew on his face as another male lumbered towards the small gathering of animals. So this must be Silent or whatever whoever mentioned earlier. He lifted a shoulder. "I'll join, yeah, sure." He didn't feel threatened by the presence, or the amount of people here, though that was a little bit concerning since he was sure he couldn't take them all on at once, but he didn't feel like squirming since that would give them please, plus if he would he'd have to force himself to do it.