Beasts of Beyond
i am the sick boy [open/intro] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: i am the sick boy [open/intro] (/showthread.php?tid=9992)

i am the sick boy [open/intro] - Crackers - 07-31-2019

DAMIAN DIMERA
PSEUDO MELANISTIC LIGUAR - MALE - 22 MONTHS - TANGLEWOOD

A town in the middle of a forest that, in turn, was in the middle of a swamp. It wasn't the kind of territory he would have chosen to settle in, but then again his reasons for being here had nothing to do with what he wanted to do. No, his wants could only come later, after he was finished doing everyone elses dirty work, that is. He could live with that for now, though, as long as he got closer to what he wanted.

To be honest though the town itself wasn't too bad. They'd restored a good chunk of it to an almost respectable degree- for a camp in the middle of a swamp, that is- and most of it was decorated with flowers and wreaths and definitely helped give the streets and buildings what Damian could only assume was a 'homier' feel, and it definitely wasn't trying to play into the creepier vibe it easily could have accomplished if it had wanted to.

As he walked the towns streets the large wildcat hybrid would come to a halt at the base of a statue, or the remains of one. It was now a shapeless blob with a plaque at it's base, and he wondered momentarily what the thing once was. Not that it really mattered, and it was quick to be dismissed as he turned to continue his wandering.

"SPEECH
♡♡♡
tags

IF YOU FIND YOURSELF IN A LIONS DEN, I'LL PULL MY PIN AND JUMP RIGHT IN

Re: i am the sick boy [open/intro] - wormwood. - 07-31-2019

[glow=#000,1,400]BUT NOW I UNDERSTAND YOU, AND I WILL NOT BE PART OF YOUR DESIGNS — 。+゚.[/glow]
Saying that Wormwood wouldn't have chosen this territory for the group was a huge understatement. While he had begun to care deeply about the people here and everything else about Tanglewood, there was really no love he had to give to the territory. It was humid, extremely muddy, and he had heard rumors from some of the other group members that it was radioactive as well, which explained the crater he had seen on one of his walks. He didn't even want to think about what effects that could have in the long run on him, let alone on his brother, so he kinda chose to ignore that particular dangerous aspect of their nice little swamp territory.

He generally did like the town, and it was where he went for walks around the most – well, negating the shore and the border, but those weren't really just to walk around – and he found that he liked all the different decorations. He liked the way that everybody seemed to express their own personalities with their homes, and he liked the way that, if not for the weather, you'd probably be able to completely forget they were in a swamp if you just focused on the nice little town that the residents – most of them, anyways – called home.

As for Worm's personal home, it was rather barren, as he had only arrived a few weeks ago, and hadn't really had a chance to imprint on it much. Still, the porch had the bouquet of flowers that Poet had given him tucked onto it, which brought a small amount of color to the place. Wormwood had been resting peacefully on this porch when he noticed the new person going by, who briefly stopped in front of the statue near the middle of town. Figuring he should probably introduce himself to any new members, the large lion heaved himself up to his paws, making his way down from the porch and over to where Damian was walking, [glow=#793B29,1,400]"Hey there? You're new, right? You seem like it, looking around this place so intently. I don't think we've met..."[/glow]

Re: i am the sick boy [open/intro] - Crackers - 08-01-2019

DAMIAN DIMERA
PSEUDO MELANISTIC LIGUAR - MALE - 18 MONTHS - TANGLEWOOD

Damian hadn't expected to be approached by anyone during this little excursion of his. If there was one thing he could credit the Tanglers with it was that they knew how to leave someone alone to settle in, a curteosy that was apparently now over. For a moment there was a flash of masked annoyance, but he was quick to let it roll off him. He'd agreed to this, after all., had come here willingly to be among them. He couldn't stay uninvolved forever, and it wasn't unreasonable that the members would get curious about him after a while. So when he heard the polite 'Hey there', he bit back any annoyed words he might have and turned to face the other, ready to finally begin the painful tasks of having to give a damn.

The other was a lion like him, only not exactly like himself, because Damian wasn't pure lion. While it was true that he had the size of one and even the mane that was the staple of the males among their species, his frame lacked that final touch of sheer bulk. To put it bluntly, he had the permenant appearence of a young adult with his thick, shorter main and his somewhat leaner appearence. This was due to the fact that his blood was mixed with jaguar, a fact that was betrayed by the very prominent spotting of his golden coat. The spots themselves were unusally bold and large due to his psuedo melanism, which gave him the appearence that his golden fur had an unnatural amount of spotting on it, making him too black for a normal gold furred jaguar.

As always it was Damians first instinct to asses the other for strengths and weaknesses, something he did with people weather he meant to or not. His entire life had been one dedicated to the elimination of enemies, and old habits died hard. Still, the impression others generally got of him wasn't openly hostile. If anything, first appearences left others with the impressions that he was distant, easily annoyed, and impatiant, which were definitely traits that were true to his personality. He'd been brought up to be independant and suspicious, to always have the upperhand and to never lose a fight, no matter how small it was. Things like pretending to care hadn't been on the agenda during his many lessons, and so he found it hard to do it now that he was trying to blend in out in the real world.

Still, he tried, though. Not with false smiles or jokes or anything like that, because none of that stood for anything that Damian was, but rather, he found he succeeded whenever he was able to maintain civility in general, and he strove to do that now when answering. "Um, no, we haven't. I'm Damian." he'd reply, offering a polite but tight lipped smile and nod of greeting. It was probably high time he got to know some of these people anyways, and while he wouldn't admit it he could probably thank Wormwood for initiating things.

"SPEECH
♡♡♡
tags

IF YOU FIND YOURSELF IN A LIONS DEN, I'LL PULL MY PIN AND JUMP RIGHT IN

Re: i am the sick boy [open/intro] - beatae - 08-02-2019

mikolaj was not present for damian's arrival, which was not uncommon. the occasional slip, while he was not always focused on interacting with every stranger at their door. word had traveled that some sort of large hybrid creature had appeared, so mikolaj approached only to observe.

while uninterested in casual conversation he remained silent, simply watching.

"SPEECH"
♡♡♡
tags