Beasts of Beyond
WHO AM I? | Returning, Amnesia. - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: WHO AM I? | Returning, Amnesia. (/showthread.php?tid=9914)

WHO AM I? | Returning, Amnesia. - OWEN. - 07-27-2019

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
He felt drawn to this place, however odd it was.

Owen Grady, the name on the dog tag he wore- Who was that person? He felt like he didn't belong in this body, small and fragile and just.. Unknown. He felt odd, not knowing who he was or where he came from. His voice sounded weird, foreign in a way.

Maybe someone close would help him. If not, well, he could always take off and run.

"Uh.." Owen's voice seemed to boom louder than he wanted it to, water staining his pelt- He doubted that they'd help him- He was just a stranger, a foreigner- they'd have to be kind as Hell to let someone like him in when he didn't even remember who he was aside from his name.

"Excuse me-"

The german shepherd watched as passerbys gave him odd glances, whispers amongst them as they stayed on the other side of the border, as if cautious of him.

Why would they be cautious? He wasn't going to be of any harm to anyone..

TAGSTHE TYPHOONAMNESIAC29 M/O • GERMAN SHEPHERD | INDOMINUS REX • #RAPTORFAM

Re: WHO AM I? | Returning, Amnesia. - ikaia - 07-28-2019

[align=center]
IKAIA | current track ♪ | current shape: oncilla | engaging. . . | [Image: zgR219p.png]
"Aloha!" The boy grinned as he spotted the german shepherd, certain for a fact that it had to be Owen.  His deep brown eyes gleamed inquisitively as he bounded over, waving a spotted tail in greeting. "Aloha, Owen.  What're you doing just standing there?  Ignore them, they're being rude." Subconsciously, he lowered his voice, softening in friendly curiosity and care.

The canine looked terribly confused and worried and not all how he'd imagine coming back home.  Consequently, Ikaia began to feel uncertain Owen even remembered the Typhoon.  But then why'd he be back here? The raptor tamer had been a familiar face for some time.  He was even father to Ikaia's best friend's half-brothers.  Surely, he ought to remember, but the boy would not judge if not.  The shapeshifter couldn't recall much of his birthplace at all, if he had any memories of it.  Life hit like that sometimes, and he hoped he wasn't too overbearing for the former crewmate.

"I'm Ikaia, if you don't remember.  I'd be happy to take you to camp, if you like?"
[align=center]
( you are the dawn of a new day that's waking, a masterpiece still in the making )

Re: WHO AM I? | Returning, Amnesia. - Kian. - 07-28-2019

[align=center]
KIAN Ó FAOLÁIN — sing me a symphony, one for the lost and in-between
That german shepherd had to be Owen, for sure.  The pirate flicked his tail as he trotted towards Ikaia's side, offering the concerned-looking Owen a smile.  "Welcome to th' Typhoon." He seemed lost and Kian quickly began wondering if something bad happened to the canine, or if he just lost his memory -- no small matter in that case either.

The Irishman would do his best to be a welcoming face regardless.  Time had certainly past since he lost saw the raptor tamer.  A good few moons and he had not seen either of his nephews in that time either.  He bit back a heavy sigh, knowing sometimes time past like that and faces disappeared.  He smiled whenever they reappeared, even if they seemed different.

Re: WHO AM I? | Returning, Amnesia. - bubblegum - 07-30-2019

I HEARD, I HEARD ACROSS A MOONLIT SEA
THE OLD VOICE WARNING ME
ϟ GOLDENLUXURY "GOLDIE" ROUX ϟ
noun
ϟ the clash between the eye and the raging storms. ϟ the healing warmth of the sun and the raw brutality of the seas. ϟ the self-fulfilling prophecy and the stolen future. ϟ
"I AM GOLDENLUXURY ROUX."
BEWARE, BEWARE THE DAUGHTER OF THE SEA
BEWARE, BEWARE OF ME.
[align=center]
Lost memories was something the girl had personally been plagued by for months - knowing that she was someone before, knowing that person's name, knowing that others expected a specific behavior from her for supposedly being that person, but having no idea who that person was herself. It was difficult, to try and pretend to be Goldie, when she hadn't been able to remember much of anything about Goldie. She had known that this was her home, that her papa was here, that he'd died before, and that was all. Everything else had come from things others had told her - including the slaveholder that had taken her memories away, feeding her mind with things that weren't exactly true; things she did not deserve to believe. But, the female had learned. After various temptations and attempts to actually go back to her slave life, destined to die, she figured it out. Stryker couldn't do anything for her, and what he had done to her was not fair. It wasn't right. She would continue to live and be this Goldenluxury Roux everyone says she is, and she'd do it her way.

And so she did. Until, finally, she died for this amnesiac's daughter, and unlocked all of her memories, all at once, and revealed who she was all along. She is Goldenluxury Roux. Her journey to figuring it out stuck with her, and caused her to always wish to help people in a situation even slightly similar to her own. Whether they were slaves, they couldn't remember, both, or something else that somehow reminded her of before. She didn't want anyone to believe what she had. They could be their own selves, their own ways.

The tigress approached after Ikaia and Kian, glancing towards the two, offering a small smile, before focusing fully on Owen as she arrived to stand next to her crewmates. "Welcome back," the captain would offer with a nod, looking over the German shepherd. "Ya seem confused, Owen." She'd then comment casually, shrugging her shoulders slightly.